Author Topic: Goodfellas Original Authentic Poster  (Read 4039 times)

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
Goodfellas Original Authentic Poster
« on: January 14, 2021, 12:04:28 PM »
I am looking to purchase the original authentic movie poster for Goodfellas.

I'm new to getting into authentic original movie posters so was looking for some advice on where I could go to get one, and if so, how much I would be looking at needing to spend?

Openly admit I am new to this and basically do not know where to start so any advice would be much appreciated.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Goodfellas Original Authentic Poster
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 05:03:34 PM »
$100 to $200 seems to be the average price.  You'll probably find a cheaper one if you wait.

Emovieposter database is the best tool imo: https://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/film_title/GOODFELLAS/type/1sh/archive.html

Poster should be rolled and DS.  You should really aim for the best condition copy possible.  There is no reason for post 1990 posters to not be in mint condition.  That's how I like my posters to be.  Flawless.

T
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 05:04:51 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 05:46:49 AM »
Thank you for the link. That's very helpful!

I can see on there some were sold as single sided, some as folded, some unfolded/rolles, and some are sold as international?

Given you said they should be double sided, I will look for double sided ones.

Regarding the international ones, can you advise which version is the better / most expensive / most sought after version?

Also, the fact some are rolled and some are folded, which one should I be going for?

I read that some posters should be folded to confirm they are legit, how comes there are both folded and unfolded versions for these, does being unfolded/rolled mean they are fake? Or is that not always the case? Is that not the case with the Goodfellas poster?

If I am buying it I want to get the most sought after version.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 05:49:09 AM by CinematicFanatic »

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 06:00:23 AM »
I think in order of preference for this poster:

- Rolled, Double Sided, US version
- Rolled, Double Sided, International version
- Rolled, Single Sided, US version
- Rolled, Single Sided, International version
- Folded versions

Although I don't think there's much between US v International (the US version usually has a ratings box and maybe a different release date, so some collectors prefer the US version).

Be careful of buying singled sided rolled ones from random ebay sellers, as they could be a reproduction (especially if they're 40" long as I think this one should be 41" long).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 06:08:26 AM by Tob »

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 08:11:41 AM »
Okay that's good to know.

I just checked on eBay and they are around $700 on there!

Also says there is an import fee of around $180!

They seem to go for cheaper on the eMoviePoster auction site but it looks as though I'll be paying potentially more for the import fee and delivery combined than what the actual poster will be  :(

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 10:32:44 AM »
Do not spend $700 on this poster. $200 is already pushing.  Patience is key.  I would ask Dale if he has one and wait for the next best opportunity.  If you need help authenticating a specific purchase, send a private message to one of the forum's members.  Do not post it here for everyone to see.

Good luck,

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 10:55:41 AM »
Thanks, will do.

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 08:39:36 AM »
Dale didn't have one unfortunately  :(

Still looking for one in case anybody see's this.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2021, 09:59:13 AM »
Do not spend $700 on this poster. $200 is already pushing.  Patience is key.  I would ask Dale if he has one and wait for the next best opportunity.  If you need help authenticating a specific purchase, send a private message to one of the forum's members.  Do not post it here for everyone to see.

Good luck,

T

^ This.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2021, 08:46:11 AM »
Just for reference, this is the poster I am after:

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2021, 07:38:15 AM »
I'm still looking for the US, Double Sided, Unfolded version of this if anyone has seen one anywhere  :(

Offline eric160634

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2021, 03:12:04 PM »
Have you set up alerts for this on eMovieposter.com and Heritage? They both seem to get a couple copies per year. That is likely your best source at the lowest price.

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2021, 04:18:05 AM »
The issue I have is that being based in England, Brexit has now meant the import and shipping fees are now more than the poster itself, so I need one to come up in England which doesn't look like happening  :(

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2021, 09:07:24 AM »
I have since setup alerts on most sites (eBay, eMoviePoster, Heritage etc.) still no joy as yet.