Author Topic: Please THIERRY, don't forget our Major Auction closing in HOURS today!  (Read 5560 times)

Offline descposter

• Hobbyist
    • eMoviePoster,com
This is a special plea to Thierry! So many times you have posted that you meant to bid in our auctions, but you forgot they were closing :(

Part III of eMoviePoster.com's December Major Auction, closes in HOURS TODAY, starting at 3 PM CST (1 PM California time) at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/15.html, SO PLEASE DON'T FORGET THIS ONE!

Thanks!
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,500 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,775,000 to date from over 2,800 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Re: Please THIERRY, don't forget our Major Auction closing in HOURS today!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 09:55:50 AM »
**Personalized notifications have been turned ON**

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 01:43:13 PM »
This is great.
Chris

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 05:34:21 PM »
HAHAHA!!!  Funny.  I actually DID almost forget, so thank you Bruce. 

There were a few I wanted, and then I realized they had been paper backed, or gel backed, which is not for me.  So that left only one poster in my want list.  I tried and I failed miserably.  Too many collectors with deep pockets for us commoners. 

Oh well...

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 05:45:49 PM »
Also, good for you, Bruce, ( notworthy.gif) but some of those prices are just ridiculous.  When I saw the Jedi 6sht sitting at $5k, I thought that maybe collectors were coming to their senses.  But then this Hotdog character got involved and it went past $10k.  Whatever.  More money than common sense, imo.  Same w the 3sht, Jaws rolled, Breakfast at Tiffany's...  I mean, come on!!!  This is a little bit out of hand.

Again though, congrats.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 04:25:17 PM »
Cracking little thread, nonetheless.

Well played fellas.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 10:59:49 PM »
Hey Bruce, thanks for NOT reminding me today.  I completely forgot you had an auction (it's hard with this every other week thingy) and it saved me some good money.  I just checked and there were a lot of things of interest.

So thank you!!!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 07:38:42 AM »
Hey Bruce, thanks for NOT reminding me today.  I completely forgot you had an auction (it's hard with this every other week thingy) and it saved me some good money.  I just checked and there were a lot of things of interest.

So thank you!!!

T

That's ironic, because I actually thought about a special post just for you yesterday, but ran our of time with our big snowstorm here.

But I DID make a "regular" post about the auctions. Does that mean you don't read the "For Auction" posts, or only rarely? If so, does ANYONE here actually read them? If not, I will quit making them, and save a few minutes 3 times every other week.
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline ealingmovieposters

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2021, 09:59:21 AM »
Bruce,

To me the 'Dealers only' section is kind of like what I imagine a 'real estate agent' or 'used car salesman' dealers only would look like  :)

That said:-

I tend not to read yours, as I am on your site quite a lot anyway - appreciate the low cost $1 start no BP sales - my average poster cost these days is around $20, I am also a big fan of the 'bulk' lots and you listing the lessor valued foreign posters, especially 'Ealing studios' keep them coming..

I do look at your 'competition' posts on APF - to see a 'sample' of what is being listed - but candidly have never done business 'there'.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 10:57:19 AM by ealingmovieposters »
Regards

Ian

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2021, 10:05:21 AM »
Bruce - I think that quite a few regular users here click the View the most recent posts on the forum link when they come to the forum, so they will see your regular posts regarding current auctions. Some gentle feedback, I do think some nice images of the featured posters instead of a block of text would help catch people's attention more effectively. If you need any technical help with doing that, please PM me and I can assist.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2021, 09:52:42 PM »
I agree T, this every other week stuff literally makes me miss a lot of auction sets. Had the T/Th/Su routine down, not its like if I happen to remember and its the right day I will check them.

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2021, 08:17:20 AM »
Bruce - I think that quite a few regular users here click the View the most recent posts on the forum link when they come to the forum, so they will see your regular posts regarding current auctions. Some gentle feedback, I do think some nice images of the featured posters instead of a block of text would help catch people's attention more effectively. If you need any technical help with doing that, please PM me and I can assist.

While I very much appreciate the offer, I am going to go in a different direction, and simply post one sentence, like "REMINDER - 774 bulk lots containing 24,269 items in all close starting at 7 PM at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/15.html" and leave it at that.

Finding out that neither Thierry or Dale Dilts check all the new posts on this forum on a daily basis strongly suggests that long posts with lots of links and images is a massive waste of time, and it makes the actual posts here harder to find amongst all the clutter of the endless For Sale posts.

And of course, anyone who doesn't see the reminder posts here can simply go to http://www.emovieposter.com/ where links to the 3 current sets of auctions are prominently posted, with their ending dates and times.
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2021, 11:30:46 PM »
Thanks for the reminders, Bruce!  It's funny that some collectors don't seem to use the great calendar reminders on their phones and computers.  Enter the day of the week and auction time once and repeat it forever for every two weeks.  It's calendar magic!  Okie