Author Topic: Subway / Bus shelter posters  (Read 2493 times)

Offline FanOfTheMovies13

• Beginner
Subway / Bus shelter posters
« on: October 25, 2020, 11:41:10 AM »
Hi guys I'm new to collecting subway poster, I've just seen one set that caught my eye it's a harry potter and the half-blood prince one, and it's 3.5 X 5 is that a common size for them(originals)? And are they suppose to be double-sided? Thank you any help would be great.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Subway / Bus shelter posters
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 12:44:41 PM »
Size seems right, but subway posters are not bus shelter posters (as per your heading).  Different sizes.

I own a few, so i am linking my website so you can see the difference.  Subways are usually single sided, while buses are double.

https://www.moviepostersgallery.com/subway/
https://www.moviepostersgallery.com/us-bus-shelters/

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline FanOfTheMovies13

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 12:54:20 PM »
Thanks so much for the information very very cool collection! I just saw some online and got very interested but I have never seen those artworks before are they many fakes floating around?  https://twitter.com/Happy1325598336/status/1320407246547742720/photo/1

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 01:23:59 PM »
Harry Potter is so difficult.  So many fakes, one sheets and other sizes.  People everywhere have been printing them, even within WB.  Execs printing their own JPEGs.  So I wouldn’t dare telling you one way or the other.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 01:34:02 PM »
Thanks so much for the information very very cool collection! I just saw some online and got very interested but I have never seen those artworks before are they many fakes floating around?  https://twitter.com/Happy1325598336/status/1320407246547742720/photo/1

That is a transit poster usually used at train/subway stations or the similar. It should come on a sell adhesive background to be stuck to the wall. There is also another version of that poster with the baddies on it. They were designed to be placed opposite each other at a train/subway station.

Offline FanOfTheMovies13

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 01:45:39 PM »
Thanks guys great info, scary that they are so many fakes around. Yup the seller is also selling it together with the bad guys i had no clue about the backing it's on will sure ask him now.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 07:38:50 PM »
Those things are HEAVY..

Just in general terms, large format is next to never reproduced. First of all the cost of all the larger width is a lot more costly for printers. The paper is an altogether different stock and lastly and probably the number one reason, there is a limited market for them. There are a few of us morons that collect the big stuff, but we are few and far between and not worth the effort of reproducing. 

Offline FanOfTheMovies13

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2020, 10:51:45 PM »
Great information thanks!