Author Topic: October 2020  (Read 22336 times)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
Re: October 2020
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2020, 05:31:21 AM »
Oh yeah, I always forget that you are into Thai posters.  I was really after acquiring Back to the Future, Poltergeist, Gremlins and The Goonies (4 hard to find Spielberg titles) and ended up buying a dozen more while searching them.  Now that I have them, I don't search Thai posters anymore, but I should, they're great.

You should show us more of your collection.  I'm sure it's impressive.

T

Pretty sure all my "current" collection is already on the forums T, I still have a pretty small collection overall, that's probably because I usually prefer to try and buy one or two more expensive posters rather than ten cheaper ones, what I mean by that of course is that the ones I'm usually interested in tend to be the more expensive ones so it means my collection has grown very slowly as I simply can't afford to buy the posters I really want all that often if they do appear on the market.

Having said all that I'm always keeping an eye out and you can be sure anything I pick up I will gladly share on here.

As for your Thai collection T, you said to me once before that you don't feel you have enough of them to consider them a "collection" but, you may remember I said to you that you have some of the best and rarest Thai posters already, believe me when I tell you that I have a few contacts that have amazing Thai collections (in the hundreds) with many genuine rarities but they still don't have some of the ones you have, so even if you consider your Thai collection small you still have some of the best, for example Thai posters you own like Back To The Future, Deep Red, The Goonies, Gremlins, Jaws 2 & Temple of Doom etc. you just don't come across these posters at all nowadays, every one of them a fantastic poster to own T notworthy.gif

Gremlins and Temple of Doom are ones I especially like thumbsup.gif

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2020, 05:33:55 PM »
As for your Thai collection T, you said to me once before that you don't feel you have enough of them to consider them a "collection" but, you may remember I said to you that you have some of the best and rarest Thai posters already, believe me when I tell you that I have a few contacts that have amazing Thai collections (in the hundreds) with many genuine rarities but they still don't have some of the ones you have, so even if you consider your Thai collection small you still have some of the best, for example Thai posters you own like Back To The Future, Deep Red, The Goonies, Gremlins, Jaws 2 & Temple of Doom etc. you just don't come across these posters at all nowadays, every one of them a fantastic poster to own T notworthy.gif

Hahaha very nice of you to say, even if it's a lie.  There might be a few harder to find pieces, but 40-50 posters does not make a collection imo.  When I get to 100, we'll talk ;)  That's my threshold for calling a few pieces of anything a collection.

I don't remember what you posted.  I know I had a couple people looking for a Friday the 13th poster that you posted (I think) right before the pandemic hit, and then they all went silent.  Like I said before, it's been really dry on the poster front.  So I started collection first edition books.  It's something to do.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2020, 05:02:23 AM »
Hahaha very nice of you to say, even if it's a lie.  There might be a few harder to find pieces, but 40-50 posters does not make a collection imo.  When I get to 100, we'll talk ;)  That's my threshold for calling a few pieces of anything a collection.

I don't remember what you posted.  I know I had a couple people looking for a Friday the 13th poster that you posted (I think) right before the pandemic hit, and then they all went silent.  Like I said before, it's been really dry on the poster front.  So I started collection first edition books.  It's something to do.

T

I think I have a similar number of Thai posters to you T, so maybe I'll have to stop calling my selection a "collection" until I get to 100 or more ;)

Yes, that's correct T, I did add a Thai Friday The 13th poster to my collection in recent times, I remember very well you saying you'd like to get hold of one and was going to "put your people on it" etc.

It's a great! Thai poster for sure, from what I know it's "supposedly" another tough one to find and one of the main reasons for this is some collector's say a lot of them did not survive as this particular Thai poster is on very thin (cheap) paper, whether that's true or not your have to make up your own mind, I know a few collector's that have it so they are still out there, it's just a matter of finding one.

If your interested in a little tip, I can tell you from my experience the Thai posters for FRIDAY THE 13th Parts 2, 3 & 4 are all even more scarce than the Thai poster for the first film, Part 2 & 4 are really nice looking posters as well with some truly cool! 8) looking artwork especially if your a fan of the films.

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2020, 08:15:54 AM »
Not an October acquisition, but just saw Matt's October update to Marquee Poster ..... ummm wow!!

http://marqueeposter.com

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2020, 08:29:03 AM »
Not an October acquisition, but just saw Matt's October update to Marquee Poster ..... ummm wow!!

I agree, some really gorgeous paper there. I like the write ups with info for each one too.

Link for ordered by new:
http://marqueeposter.com/movie-posters/?orderby=date-desc

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2020, 11:02:56 AM »
I think I have a similar number of Thai posters to you T, so maybe I'll have to stop calling my selection a "collection" until I get to 100 or more ;)

Well, it's all personal of course.  I'm sure some people think 5 posters is a collection and I can't remember what you have but I'm sure it's great.  I didn't mean to sound blasé.  I don't consider mine a collection yet probably because it is small compared to some other collections I have.  I need to work at it, but it's not easy when no one is selling.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2020, 11:03:52 AM »

Matt's collection is out of this world.  If only I could afford it...  So many things I want.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2020, 01:22:21 PM »
Well, it's all personal of course.  I'm sure some people think 5 posters is a collection and I can't remember what you have but I'm sure it's great.  I didn't mean to sound blasé.  I don't consider mine a collection yet probably because it is small compared to some other collections I have.  I need to work at it, but it's not easy when no one is selling.

T

That's cool! T, I knew what you was getting at when you said you don't consider your Thai posters a collection just yet, and I can understand why you'd say that with the much larger number of posters you have from other countries etc. thumbsup.gif

I suppose for me I consider my Thai selection a collection because I own more Thai posters than anything else and although I only have 40-50 approx. it's already many more than I ever dreamed I'd own when I first started collecting them, so I guess to me it is a sort of mini collection, but, obviously we're coming from a totally different place in that I own less than 100 posters in total compared to your many thousands ;D

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2020, 01:50:36 PM »
You’ll get there.  19 years ago, I had less than 100 posters.  I even had a list (which I still have).  And look at me now.  This year has been ridiculously low in purchases, but god willing (that is if the pandemic doesn’t take us all) we’ll be back next year.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2020, 02:07:12 PM »
This year has been ridiculously low in purchases, but god willing (that is if the pandemic doesn’t take us all) we’ll be back next year.

T

Hear, hear T, lets all hope so, fingers crossed mate :)

Offline Steven11788

• Beginner
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2020, 04:49:53 PM »
No pics as still in transet.
Ghidrah the 3 headed monster os
Destroy all monsters os
F13 part 3
jaws 2 -print hero complex Gallery
IT chapter 2 mondo
Nekromatic- German size