Author Topic: Stolen posters: Cory Glaberson (Reel Art Posters)  (Read 15256 times)

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
Stolen posters: Cory Glaberson (Reel Art Posters)
« on: August 06, 2020, 12:09:34 AM »
Hello all! Long time no see. i hope collecting has bought some comfort this wild year.

I hate to be posting anything like this but I thought it was responsible of me to share a pretty shockingly awful situation with a 'respected' dealer.

In mid-2018 (June) I sent approximately 22 posters to Cory Glaberson to sell on my behalf. The deal was simple. He'd pay $350 upfront, anything he'd make over $700 would be split evenly.

He did indeed pay the initial $350. I received a single update that four posters had sold a couple month later. Then.. silence. I had emailed numerous times asking for updates. All ignored. Not a single reply received. The lone update I received was in August 2018.

Now exactly two years have passed. I'm out of pocket and posters, while Reel Art Posters/Collectables are still very much active on ebay and elsewhere.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: Stolen posters: Cory Glaberson (Reel Art Posters)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 03:16:02 AM »
That situation sounds very poor. Maybe call him?

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 12:43:22 PM »
That situation sounds very poor. Maybe call him?

Tried that to no avail too.

I'm more disappointed than anything else. I don't collect high ticket items so much of my experience was built on mutual trust with sellers, dealers and collectors because why go through the effort of stealing a couple hundred $ worth of paper.

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 10:11:54 PM »
Then you have no choice than to call cops unless he decides to play fair and give you the posters back

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 11:46:20 PM »
When you say you tried to call him, what does that mean?  No phone #, he doesn't answer or he told u to fuck off?  Where is he located?  Does he have a phone number?  I don't know the person, so I don't really understand what's happening.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 12:22:29 AM »
When you say you tried to call him, what does that mean?  No phone #, he doesn't answer or he told u to fuck off?  Where is he located?  Does he have a phone number?  I don't know the person, so I don't really understand what's happening.

T

Yeah, no answer. I have the number he provided when I shipped out the posters. He's located in Berwyn, Illinois.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 04:21:37 AM »
Sorry to hear that :( the lack of communication must be very annoying.

Are the other posters you sent him still listed for sale on his sites?

As phone and email haven't worked, I assume no reply if you try and message him through ebay too?

Do you have links to his website and ebay account? Might be useful to post in this thread so folk are aware.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2020, 08:55:01 AM »
He has 2 numbers listed on his website. Seems odd to be in business but not answer the phone. Maybe he can see your number and not answer? In that case try calling from a different phone? He has a business Facebook page, maybe post there?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 08:56:02 AM by 50s »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2020, 08:55:40 AM »
Yeah, no answer. I have the number he provided when I shipped out the posters. He's located in Berwyn, Illinois.

Yeah, he does have a website (https://www.reelartcollectibles.com/) and seems legit.  It's crazy that he would not answer.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2020, 02:34:22 PM »
I had been trying his personal cell. I've given messaging through ebay another go and I'll try the store number too. Wish me luck!

That website is new too. They had the time to overhaul a whole website but not reply to a message? It's inexcusable.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2020, 02:39:25 PM »
Lots of crooks out there.  Another reason why I pretty much never buy from dealers and stick to the few sellers I trust.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2020, 08:33:31 PM »
Let us know ladeda.  We often underestimate the strength of our little community here.  I don't count myself among them, but a lot of known collectors and dealers on here.  We can easily shame poster scammers through social media, word of mouth, etc.   Push come shove send him the link to this thread and tell him some poster heavy hitters are stirring up some chat about his little escapade with your paper...and we aren't impressed. 

Heck I bet Rich - wherever he may be - has him on speed dial!  Reelart, don't make us call in a favour with Rich.

Ten bucks says he responds.  Of course, poor bastard @reelart might just be laid up with covid somewhere...   

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2020, 08:59:41 PM »
When they dont reply i just notify cops as i dont want to waste time calling/emailing if they ignore me , now if cops have the time is another issue

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2020, 07:00:55 PM »
Oh nice, you don't want to waste your own precious time so you waste the cops' time instead on stupid posters.  You right, they have nothing better to do these days.  Is Jeff in shackles yet?

T
My Personal Collection

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2020, 03:58:54 PM »
I mean, I'm not even in the same continent and I don't think interpol would be interested somehow.

Got fuck all response from my most recent attempts of contact. Expected, but still maddening seeing how active they are.

It still makes zero sense to me why a dealer who handles so much paper would bother to screw someone over some inconsequential posters. They weren't worth much to begin with. Or maybe because they're insignificant he thought it'd be acceptable to do this. Either way, fucking asshole. 

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2020, 06:03:47 PM »
He also has a personal Facebook page which he has been posting to recently.  Maybe another avenue to try?
Chris

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2020, 09:34:43 PM »
He also has a personal Facebook page which he has been posting to recently.  Maybe another avenue to try?

Worth a shot. Thank you!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2020, 11:05:02 PM »
Do we have members in Chicago who would pay this seller a visit?  Man, if your guys was in LA, I'd love nothing more than to go over there.  I thrive on conflict!!!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline m154cath

• Hobbyist
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2020, 02:03:04 PM »
You are in luck T!  There is a certain Mr J.Potokar who lives in your area. I'm sure myself,Matt & Tong would all appreciate you popping round his flat for a cup of tea & relieve him of the burden are posters have become for him thumbsup.gif.
I can send you his address if you like?

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2020, 08:28:58 PM »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2020, 08:58:51 PM »
You are in luck T!  There is a certain Mr J.Potokar who lives in your area. I'm sure myself,Matt & Tong would all appreciate you popping round his flat for a cup of tea & relieve him of the burden are posters have become for him thumbsup.gif.
I can send you his address if you like?

I have his address and it wouldnt be pretty.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2020, 09:19:43 PM »
maybe he sold all the posters for $680 total?
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline m154cath

• Hobbyist
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2020, 03:18:56 AM »
We look forward to the confrontation T!
Don't forget to wear a bodycam for our mutual entertainment  thumbsup.gif

• Hoarder
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2020, 09:41:57 AM »
Some people who ripped me off im reluctant to pay a visit , these are full blown criminals with networks behind them and theres always a possibility they have firearms

Theres no point visiting Potokar now , as i said hes in OH , the cops confirmed it to me on email.......i dont think he lied to the cops , he knows he has to ship out the stuff when he gets back to CA. He has shipped very expensive stuff to me before and no issues.

Can you sue Cory in small claims court or get someone to sue on your behalf ?

Was a written contract done , that could be binding (people who sign/put their name on CoAs re : fake autographs , thats legally binding according to wiki , no laughing matter)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 09:50:32 AM by Tang Lung in Rome »

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2020, 10:23:45 PM »
I did get in touch via his personal FB (thanks, CSM!) Again, no response, and he's been active on his page since my message.

maybe he sold all the posters for $680 total?

That's fine, but why would he not just tell me if that's the case? Leaving me in the dark for 2+ years is obscene.

Was a written contract done , that could be binding (people who sign/put their name on CoAs re : fake autographs , thats legally binding according to wiki , no laughing matter)

No written contract. Which may have been my bad, but I hadn't even considered this happening. A 'reputable' dealer would've been the last person I'd have expected this from.