Author Topic: Appleseed (2004) Japanese Anime / Mecha  (Read 2301 times)

Offline dsonesheets

• Hobbyist
Appleseed (2004) Japanese Anime / Mecha
« on: July 13, 2020, 06:44:35 AM »
OK, let's get this out of the way first: both Iron Man 2 AND The Avengers completely ripped off this film. Period. You can call it an "homage", but let's cut the crap. Whiplash cutting the cars apart (IM2) and Tony's remote suit following him out of the top floor window and deploying mid-air (Avengers) were both in Appleseed first.

Now that that's out of the way...

This is seriously one of my favorite films, right alongside The Matrix. That being said, I've been collecting posters for this film ever since. Here are some of them! I've got matching sets of both the Japanese B1's and B2's (B2's shown here), and I recently picked up both the DS U.S. onesheet (which I never thought I would own to be perfectly honest, let alone a DS copy) and a French onesheet.  There are subtle differences between the U.S. and French, mainly in the overall color saturation and the titles, but for the most part the art is the same. Completely different from the Japanese versions though.

My U.S. copy has some issues, mainly creasing and edge wear, although you wouldn't know if from the angle I shot. The French onesheet is immaculate. And I got it from Bruce for a whopping $3.

BTW I have five, count 'em, five DS copies of the Japanese B1 for the first film, mainly because I've been grabbing every single copy I can find to try and get one in perfect condition. My current one is pretty damn nice though, just some slight edge wear. I also have two available matching sets of the B2's for both films. If you're interested, drop me a line.

Please note: I am looking for another B1 for Appleseed II: Ex Machina as my copy has a chunk missing out of one of the corners. Alas I have never ever come across a second copy, and I've looked. Those things are frikkin' rare.

Enjoy!

« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 04:46:42 PM by Tob »

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Re: Appleseed (2004) Japanese Anime / Mecha
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 08:18:12 AM »
I'd like to see these! But the photos aren't showing for me?

Offline dsonesheets

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 04:26:06 PM »
OK, I feel like a grand...something. How in the world do I edit a post once posted? I can't seem to find an edit button anywhere.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 04:28:49 PM »
The edit post feature expires after a few hours I think.

But if you PM me the links to the images, as I'm an admin, I can edit and add them into your original post (same for your Pulp Fiction Lucky Strikes FS post).

Cheers/

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 04:48:55 PM »
Edited to update the photo links, hopefully they're showing now.

Love the posters  thumbsup.gif