Author Topic: New  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Mrminvestmentsny

• Beginner
New
« on: April 22, 2020, 08:03:41 PM »
Hope everyone is doing well during this crazy time. Started to do more research about movie posters and lobby cards while in Quarantine. Looking to start collecting. I work 25 and work in the film business in NY.  Nice to meet everyone also looking for someone who is good at valuations to pm me. will send them a gift for helping me out ! Thanks  happy to be apart of the forum

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Re: New
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 08:20:27 PM »
Hey Mr. M!
Welcome!

Most folks here can give you accurate market values but you can
easily do your own research as well given that several poster auction sites offer historical results for most titles. Start with emovieposter.com or heritage.com. 

There are a few dealers you can find on the dealer page that can offer their insight as well. 

What are you collecting and are you still in the business?

As for "deserving" of a gift I would offer myself up... ;D

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 12:56:31 AM »
Welcome.

You should also tell us what era you're most interested in.  Modern posters, 1980 on, are very different from older ones, and so are the most recent.  Do you want to start with an Avengers poster, a Blade Runner poster or the 10 Commandments posters?  Some people know more about certain eras than others.

Good luck,

T.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 08:41:51 AM »
Hello and welcome!  welcome1

Good advice from T and Vick above. If you're struggling to find valuations on a specific poster, feel free to start a thread in the 'Valuations' sub board and I'm sure someone will be along to help

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 10:18:53 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 05:48:43 AM »
Forgive my manners... Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!  Nice to have new blood here. Yes, the advice of others is good. Look around the site. Ask questions of people on here. We are a mighty friendly and helpful group.

ENJOY!

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!