Author Topic: "Jeffgate": A Story of Woah  (Read 37684 times)

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
Re: "Jeffgate": A Story of Woah
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2021, 10:32:28 AM »
Wow, what a soap guys!

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2021, 12:30:07 PM »
I get the feeling T is Right, and just count it as a lesson learned.  I know it's not my money, to say this, but sometimes it's not worth the stress.  If Jeff surfaces, yes he should face the music. Until then, put it in the past, and move on..
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2021, 12:04:30 AM »
Although I never liked the guy, this thread makes me sad.
Matt has been very helpful to me in the past so it is so disappointing this happened.
And I think this is the first time I have every "seen" Paul get mad!

I have and am holding posters here for collectors around the world as many guys here on this forum are doing for me...couldn't ever imagine doing this any one of them.
That said, anyone ever need a hand with anything out of Australia, I'll hook you up!
Ves

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2021, 11:43:39 AM »
I can vouch for Ves. She's always been fantastic in helping out whenever needed.  notworthy.gif

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2021, 12:50:00 PM »
I wasn't Mad, Ves. Just discouraged... ;-)

Of the people l would do anything to help, Ves would be top of the pile.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2021, 08:52:56 AM »
https://lasd.org/contact-us/

The more complaints they get , the more likely theyd have to look into this

Owed :

800 (dollars ?)
700£
7-800$ (my stuff)

Id say this is a serious crime

"For me this started in November 2018"

2.5 yrs , more than enough time to ship our stuff back - corona or not , face it he has stolen our stuff
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 09:28:20 AM by Tang Lung in Rome »

• Hoarder
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2021, 12:07:18 PM »
https://www.p3tips.com/tipform.aspx?ID=365

Tell them what Potokar has done and tell them to notify LAPD Pacific

lapdalarmsection@lapd.lacity.org
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 01:06:12 PM by Tang Lung in Rome »

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #132 on: August 18, 2021, 03:05:30 AM »
800 (dollars ?)
700£
7-800$ (my stuff)

while "a lot of money' is a relative term, it is ridiculously foolish to actually believe the L.A. police are going to follow up anything, beyond making a phone call or talking to Jeff if he were to walk into a precinct and say "Hi. I'm Jeff"

moreover, the fact that you and others voluntarily sent these posters to Jeff without any contractual agreement to do anything, doesn't give you very much power to do anything. If any individual had a verifiable loss of $5000 or more, they might get involved.

it also looks to me like the costs to the taxpayers would be greater than the reported losses here and while it is certainly aggravating, at some point smart people, like skyjackers for instance, just shine it on. I'll bet his stomach doesn't get upset over it, and he probably likes it that way. But, he is a smart people.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

• Hoarder
« Reply #133 on: August 18, 2021, 10:24:04 AM »
Text 8772755273

sendsmsnow.com , its free

• Hoarder
« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2021, 12:30:29 PM »
They are online now on email

contact.lapdonline@gmail.com
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 12:32:00 PM by Tang Lung in Rome »

• Post-aholic
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2021, 04:29:55 PM »
you know, over the course of time I have been screwed by a small number of people. people who stole money, or people who never sent my stuff, or a business partner who screwed me over.

I have never seen the purpose of shouting it to the world. I was screwed, probably can't get unscrewed, I generally just moved on & went on with my life.

I may have mentioned to my pal Sean how my former best friend (whom he knows well) screwed me for 50-100k in art, how a famous rocker (no not Kirk, he wouldn't screw anyone, ever) never paid me for a Jack Kirby X-men cover, or how another decades long friend attempted to rip me off for a stack of art. Not once did I ever post publicly about these issues, told random people, or even told hardly any of my friends..

Why? Because in general, it's nobody's business, it's no longer important and for certain, it is likely impossible to undo what has been done and get my money or my art back. I don't find any catharsis in airing smelly and stinky laundry, and I don't like taking antacids to calm my stomach.

Tang, you've had your festivus moment. You have aired your grievances and clearly, no one here really gives a flying fuck, especially after 3 years.
Just cut it out. If Jeff ever comes back, maybe he will take care of it, maybe not. Too bad.

by the way.. just pay Paul. make an estimate of costs in your mind, add $25 for being a schmuck & clean your own rep

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2021, 05:38:47 PM »
Very well said, Rich, all of it.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Post-aholic
« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2021, 05:50:57 PM »
Very well said, Rich, all of it.

T

sm1
thanks

-------

• Hoarder
« Reply #138 on: August 18, 2021, 11:11:14 PM »
First of all : i have paid him back , another member Harry Caul forwarded it to him

Second : dont tell me what to feel

"I have never seen the purpose of shouting it to the world. I was screwed, probably can't get unscrewed, I generally just moved on & went on with my life"

Gee , those poor autograph forgers , they didnt mean to scam me , lets all cuddle and give them a big hug , after all people deserved it since they were naive , millions of $ each yr : "The authenticators (Beckett etc) has it in for me , im legit" (quote scumbag Piece of Past.....more like Piece of S**t)

*sarcasm*

"it's nobody's business, it's no longer important and for certain, it is likely impossible"

You can certainly warn others , you can bet your sweet ass i warn about for example autograph forgers and it is important to me , nothing is really impossible , nobody believed Bruce Lee would be a big star like McQueen but it happened

(PoP also sold dubious autographs for 20+ yrs , he and Todd Mueller both bad rep re : autographs)

Ive a new middle man in CO now , hes paid decent fees for helping me out
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 11:41:54 PM by Tang Lung in Rome »

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2021, 03:46:00 AM »
Said the guy who never sent the poster I paid for... and argued with me with funny excuses... and blocked me from a movie poster group on FB as soon as he was promoted admin girly2.gif
If you don't talk, I guess you have plenty of reasons as a seller.  We appreciate your opinion but after reading you, I suggest you just don't talk all :)   I can see you found your carthasis in your paralipsis, ahaha. Your logical fallacy and tongue-in-cheek approachs amaze me.  So he is the tone of your post here (talking about "festivus moment", "flying fuck", "cut it out", "being a schmuck") and your passive-agressive armchair psychology.  You are right about the moving on and nobody giving a flying fuck, even more right underlining that we may be naive clients trusting unscrupulous "friendly" sellers, that humdrum defence and asking people to pay up for being a schmuck sounds very familiar to me.  I was naive but refused to repay shipping for a missing item, I am not that too naive nor a schmuck. The content of you post comforts mee that you are not the best dealer to deal with and not even worth engaging. Watch out for your passive-agressive and fallacious paraleipses here; if you are fine moving on, then why would you argue with a client for 30$ or reply here with almost-like insults; it sounds like a disorganised unreasonable poor salesman.  Mate, you have thousands of cheap posters to organise, you better save your energy for this; every dollar is a dollar, the hard work of selling cheap posters.  I agree with you, just cut it out as you say... because every time you shall unreasonably open it, I shall remind you of your prejudicial attitude, all highlighted here.  Todays' keywords is called introspection and attitude-change, or shut it up, both concern rep.
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2021, 09:38:23 AM »
If some of these posts were posters, I'd say even EMP would reduce their grading down to a new 'shit' grade category. The posts above might look like a stained, torn, Mexican lobby card repro that was eaten then shat out, then eaten again and shat out again. (Borrowing the analogy from a comment from Rich some years back, hehe)

Offline ealingmovieposters

• Beginner
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2021, 12:51:42 PM »
Steve,

I was just thinking how many people, like me, regularly use the search filter Condition (Least to Best) to look for some affordable classics. I like the idea of a 'shit' or 'totally shit' category as there are posters that have been placed under carpets, have nail holes in them and about 2/3 of the poster isn't there and what is there is faded - I think 'poor' doesn't quite describe them and is too broad a term, but the term 'shit' is universal and easily understood. Something auction houses should consider although we will hear Bruce et. el stating, in large font - Our shit is better than our competitors:)

Regards

Ian

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2021, 10:32:52 PM »
I like the idea of a 'shit' or 'totally shit' category

Coming soon to an online auction house.  :D

• Hoarder

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2021, 10:13:36 AM »
Steve,

I was just thinking how many people, like me, regularly use the search filter Condition (Least to Best) to look for some affordable classics. I like the idea of a 'shit' or 'totally shit' category as there are posters that have been placed under carpets, have nail holes in them and about 2/3 of the poster isn't there and what is there is faded - I think 'poor' doesn't quite describe them and is too broad a term, but the term 'shit' is universal and easily understood. Something auction houses should consider although we will hear Bruce et. el stating, in large font - Our shit is better than our competitors:)

I have a poster that was pissed by a cat. Stinks like hell. Not my cat (I am more a dog person) A friend was holding the poster for me, and then it happened. Damned feline.
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

• Post-aholic
« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2021, 04:17:47 PM »
Said the guy who never sent the poster I paid for... and argued with me with funny excuses... and blocked me from a movie poster group on FB as soon as he was promoted admin girly2.gif
If you don't talk, I guess you have plenty of reasons as a seller.  We appreciate your opinion but after reading you, I suggest you just don't talk all :)   I can see you found your carthasis in your paralipsis, ahaha. Your logical fallacy and tongue-in-cheek approachs amaze me.  So he is the tone of your post here (talking about "festivus moment", "flying fuck", "cut it out", "being a schmuck") and your passive-agressive armchair psychology.  You are right about the moving on and nobody giving a flying fuck, even more right underlining that we may be naive clients trusting unscrupulous "friendly" sellers, that humdrum defence and asking people to pay up for being a schmuck sounds very familiar to me.  I was naive but refused to repay shipping for a missing item, I am not that too naive nor a schmuck. The content of you post comforts mee that you are not the best dealer to deal with and not even worth engaging. Watch out for your passive-agressive and fallacious paraleipses here; if you are fine moving on, then why would you argue with a client for 30$ or reply here with almost-like insults; it sounds like a disorganised unreasonable poor salesman.  Mate, you have thousands of cheap posters to organise, you better save your energy for this; every dollar is a dollar, the hard work of selling cheap posters.  I agree with you, just cut it out as you say... because every time you shall unreasonably open it, I shall remind you of your prejudicial attitude, all highlighted here.  Todays' keywords is called introspection and attitude-change, or shut it up, both concern rep.

you know if you're going to continue to be an asshole and talk shit, you shouldn't post shit that anyone can show you as an asshole and a liar

here's your deal, you bought some stuff in 2017. You didn't pay shipping and it went up onto the hold shelf, where you knew it was going, so you could merge with future purchases. You made no further purchases.

a year later, you send me an email asking about your stuff and sending me a long list of items. I go looking at the hold shelf and can only find 6 lobby cards from the purchase made. I spent an hour looking all over the shelves, the warehouse. There's no other posters. I get back to you and you have no answers, so I wind up having to go into the warehouse, get up on top of the 12 foot pallet racks and find an old computer in storage that has all the old emails from before that day, get it down, hook it up to a monitor, a keyboard, a mouse and I spent an hour or two looking through old emails trying to figure out what's going on. I find that everything other than these 6 lobby cards were shipped in 2017. When I explained that to you, you said (sic) "Oh yes. I do have those posters. I'm sorry. I'm only looking for the lobby cards" and I say "okay.. send shipping"

no shipping is ever sent. the items go back up on the hold shelf

then again, after another year, you send me an email asking again, with the same false list. (see image below)

seeing as it's a year again passed, I have to go through the same process again.
I ask you for a list of what you're looking for.
you say "don't you remember?" as if I'm supposed to remember offhand every transaction I have ever made. I explain the world doesn't work that way, send me the list.
you send me an email asking again, with the same false list.
Look for these items. Items not found. Spend another hour looking. Get up on the racks, get the computer, hook it up, spend an hour or two searching through and reading emails, only to wind up in the same spot:
"Oh yes. I do have those posters. I'm sorry. I'm only looking for the lobby cards" and I say "okay.. send shipping"

no shipping is ever sent. the items go back up on the hold shelf

meanwhile, I have spent countless hours doing this and this time I print out the sheet, circle the stuff you already received so I don't have to go looking again.

one more year passes and you write again. Again looking for the same stuff with the same list. I explain you've sent the wrong list. Send shipping.

once more, no shipping is sent.

a few more months pass, you message me on facebook.. "send a refund"
I explain "there is no refund for held items. you pay shipping and the items will be sent, but again, you are only looking for the lobby cards right?"

you don't answer, you go off on a screed. we went back & forth for 10-15 minutes, without you ever answering a simple question. Then you threaten me  you're going to post shit to groups and to facebook and I told you to fuck off, which is exactly what should be told to assholes who don't know what they are doing..... and your lobby cards remain on the hold shelf.

You block me on facebook and start your little asshole campaign.

One of the idiosyncrasies of facebook is that while you have me blocked, you can still stalk me. You go to my posts in groups and post stupid comments in groups where we are both members. I can't delete you, but of course, other moderators can.

so Jason posts that I have become a moderator in a group and you post shit on that thread. I can't delete that post, but other moderators can.
then you add another post.. and a moderator deletes that.
then you add another posts and clearly, your posts are against the rules, a moderator removes your post and bans you from the group, because stupid fucks like you are not allowed, especially when you are breaking the rules of the group and especially when you are talking shit.
You got what you deserved there asshole.

so now here we are, and you are still talking shit, largely because you are just too fucking ignorant to send shipping money for your posters, which are still here, on top of a hold shelf, waiting for postage to be paid.

well...... this is going to be the end of your assholery.

this post is 1:15 pm PST August 24th

because you have turned yourself in a total asshole, just being stupid, I am giving you a deadline...

you have 48 hours until Thursday August 26th at 1:10pm to get your payment for shipping to me.

that's $32.00 to my paypal email sales@comic-art.com for shipment to Kenya

I will only ship these cards to you direct. I will not ship them to any third party.

I will not wait one second passed your deadline noted above. If your payment comes in at 1:10:01pm. It's too late. The deadline is solid, just like that rock you call a head. If your payment comes in one second late, I will be refunding it to you, minus paypal fees which they do not refund.

after 1:10pm on 8/26, I will consider these cards to be 'abandoned property' and I will put them into other orders waiting to be shipped for free to the buyers and then that will be that, and you will be completely fucked off. They've been taking up space in my warehouse almost 5 years, without any charge, and that practice is ending, this week.

so send that money. the clock is ticking
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 04:23:36 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

-------

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2021, 06:04:54 PM »
Two things strike me.

1) Why is an old computer on a top shelf and how old is it exactly?  Wouldn't it be better to update your new system with the old information so you don't have to go to storage twice?  Why did you have to do the same search twice btw?  Seems very antiquated.
2) Do you really keep stuff on hold for years and years?  Shit, don't forget to send me that poster I bought in 2014.  I really want it.

Otherwise, yes, you seem to have a point.

Thanks,

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2021, 07:48:28 PM »
32 bucks from Vegas to Kenya?

Hey guys is there anyone in Africa willing to receive and re-route my emovie orders... i'm in Canada.   ;D

• Post-aholic
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2021, 08:30:23 PM »
Two things strike me.

1) Why is an old computer on a top shelf and how old is it exactly?  Wouldn't it be better to update your new system with the old information so you don't have to go to storage twice?  Why did you have to do the same search twice btw?  Seems very antiquated.
2) Do you really keep stuff on hold for years and years?  Shit, don't forget to send me that poster I bought in 2014.  I really want it.

Otherwise, yes, you seem to have a point.

Thanks,

T

answer to #1 - I ran an image archive for a few years and I have something like 80 old hard drives that have terrabytes of data.
also I have every website iteration I ever made, digital products I used to sell (I sold public domain comic books that I scanned from the original comics for about 10 years. I sold over 25,000 discs. Piracy killed that game). I have every email that I ever sent or received etc. In order to use some of these drives, you need a windows 95 computer. So I have a row of old computers from windows 95 sets forward that can be used to retrieve old data.
This is entirely a business issue, or there would be no need for them

as to the emails portion.. well, there is no real need for me to access them in general so I don't need to keep them on a modern computer. At the same time, the old email and the new email are different softwares and they don't really like to communicate and import stuff so well..

why I had to do the same search was explained.. I really don't remember everything about 10's of thousands of orders & conversations, no matter what some jackass customer may think.

#2 I actually do indeed have old orders on hold, waiting for people to pay shipping. Sometimes people are overseas for a long time, like a guy who spent $10k in my auctions 2012-2014 that 70% of remained here until only a few months ago, when he asked me to pack everything up.

most of these orders are low value $5 to $20 and on occasion I sent a group email to people that I would like to ship them, and 1 or 2 people respond. These orders are paid for and I agreed to hold it. They are stored on top of shelves 10 feet up where I don't other wise store stuff.
However, I am tight on space, and when I have time to give it again, I'm going to send out emails to people that this stuff needs to go or be considered abandoned. Until I do that, it stays where it is. and PS: I can see all the hold orders from here.. got nothing on hold for you, you putz  :P

#3 yes, I totally have a point. if you give me wrong lists when you want me to find stuff and that takes a while because I'm busy (yeah folks, it sounds like it's all over night, but it ain't) and when you have shit in that list you've already gotten and have me running around for it, and when you include stupid lines like "no idea what I won on this invoice", I'm really not sure what kind of service you expect. You're just being stupid. send shipping

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2021, 08:31:06 PM »
32 bucks from Vegas to Kenya?

Hey guys is there anyone in Africa willing to receive and re-route my emovie orders... i'm in Canada.   ;D

what does he charge to Canada?

-------