Author Topic: Please help bring down another eBay bootlegger (Jaws and Hitchcock fakes)  (Read 3623 times)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
Got duped by this seller earlier this year, has some of the best fakes I have seen across a few titles.
Thankfully won the war vs him and got a refund, but now he is back under a new name and magically has more of the same poster.

He literally prints these and then folds them before putting them in the mail from France. (never trust the French, amirite T? ;)  )

Here are the two posters he lures folks with, to sell directly or brings eyeballs to his other garbage:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JAWS-US-1SHEET-POSTER-1975-SPIELBERG/352884258507?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NORTH-BY-NORTHWEST-US-1SHEET-POSTER-1959-HITCHCOCK/352884262761?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

The posters look legit, but once seen in person, the deliberate counterfeit efforts are clearly obvious.
The paper stock is clearly new as are the 'folds' which barely close on their own once out of the mailer.
The stock itself is clearly glossy (again much more obvious in person) yet the thickness and weight is pretty accurate. Would fool most folks/casual collectors.
The printing is pretty good, I have seen much worse pass for originals and get original dollars on a sale.

I reported these, looks like his other alt was taken down and thus here is his latest account. I encourage you guys to take a minute and report both items.
Hate seeing yet another Jaws fake deluge in the market, and the NXNW is going to do some damage as well. Ugh.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 02:03:06 PM by wonka »
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
Re: Please help bring down another eBay bootlegger (Jaws and Hitchcock fakes)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 02:12:16 PM »
Here is his other account, where he duped me. Guess he still has it.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/lechtinefil/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

He literally 'buys' from one account and leaves positive feedback with the other, using Jaws and Hitchcock as bait for both.

I was mistaken,

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 04:36:46 PM »
Hey Ben, thanks for bringing it to our attention.  The guy is obviously a crook. 

This being said, from looking at it on my phone, I want to say that the Jaws poster is a little bit on you.  You can see that the colors are all wrong on his picture, the water is green instead of blue... 

Also, everyone should always be worried of too much of a good deal.  Unless you’ve been living under a rock, I would assume that everyone knows that the North by Northwest and Jaws posters are worth more than $9.99.  Everyone who takes this kind of risk on eBay is either a fool or a crook.

As to him being French, well, you’ve got a point ;)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 05:38:55 PM »
I didn't buy the Jaws, I snagged the NXNW. At the time he didn't really have any other posters and so I assumed i got a steal on a piece from one of those sellers 'who happen to have a few posters' other than a traditional dealer. Also, in my defense, I had never seen a fake on that one...so like most things in the hobby, the education continues.

These two get bid up, and while I agree whoever falls for the Jaws especially is a doofus, I hate to see aholes like this make a dime and worse yet, have another source of fakes (of any title) circulating the market.

I was mistaken,

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 12:09:30 PM »
Isnt the swedish Jaws green-ish , the water ?