Author Topic: Titanic Oneheet Signed  (Read 7715 times)

Offline sederic68

• Beginner
Titanic Oneheet Signed
« on: July 01, 2019, 08:36:31 PM »
What would the approximate value be?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 08:40:19 PM by sederic68 »
Eric

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
Re: Titanic Oneheet Signed
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 10:34:48 AM »
Unless there was solid provenance for the signatures, imho it's whatever a DS Titanic poster normally goes for, assuming that's not a repro.  Maybe even less as many collectors might deem the signatures (particularly if they're fakes) as flaws.

These mass signed posters generally trigger my spidey senses warning to stay far away.  Web searches produce many examples with optimistic pricing.
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 10:46:17 AM »
I have a Titanic advance one sheet which James Cameron signed for me which I value at $100 - $150. In my opinion, the vast majority of multiple-signed posters on ebay are fake.

Mark

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 10:56:28 AM »
I personally do not trust any signature and would never buy a signed poster.  Even with a picture, and especially with a COA (BS, in my opinion).  Signatures are only meant for the person they are signed to and should have a name attached to it.  Having said that, I have seen multiple posters sell for x10 their value because of a signature.  There are a lot of gullible people out there.  Make them a nice COA and they think you're selling them the Declaration of Independence with its 56 signatures.

So who knows.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline sederic68

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 12:42:44 PM »
Thanks everyone! It was not bought on eBay. It was bought from Cinema City in January 1998.
Eric

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 08:55:41 PM »
Thanks everyone! It was not bought on eBay. It was bought from Cinema City in January 1998.

Did you have it signed? Or did you buy it with the sigs already on it?

Unless you know for sure that the autographs are genuine, or got them yourself, then there is always the very real possibility that they were forged, regardless of where it was bought.

And COA's are worthless. Anyone can print up the most official looking document in their basement.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 08:45:11 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 09:52:02 PM »
while I can't say that the signatures are real or fake as I have never sold signatures by these three, there is something here that all dealers like myself (with any skill in this area.) look at- they are all signed with the same pen, and usually, that doesn't happen. Unless there was a signing function with DeCaprio, Cameron and Winslet all sitting next to each other at one table, you just don't use the same pen. That of course precludes each person sitting with their own Flair pen.

as to value, if authentic $100-150 at retail, or $1000 in one of those shopping mall stores where 95% of everything they have really is fake

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 12:00:32 AM »
I have a Titanic advance one sheet which James Cameron signed for me which I value at $100 - $150.
Mark where did he sign it exactly? Got a pic?

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 04:47:35 AM »
I personally do not trust any signature and would never buy a signed poster.  Even with a picture, and especially with a COA (BS, in my opinion). 

Quite.

In my mind, what Certifies the COA?  Rubbish on top of BS.

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2019, 05:43:00 PM »
Mark where did he sign it exactly? Got a pic?

At the BFI Imax London on April 13 2003 following a screening of Ghosts of the Abyss and a Guardian Interview.

COA's and (to a lesser extent) photographs are a waste of time as they help perpetuate the business of fake autographs.The provenance of each of my signed posters is checkable to a reasonable degree. I retain the ticket and information sheet for every screening/Q & A event I attend and write a personal account of how my poster came to be signed. Genuine signatures of A-list celebrities will almost always add monetary value to a poster and in my opinion the more a signature is faked, the more valuable a genuine one becomes.

Mark 

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2019, 01:32:28 PM »
Thanks.  Neat poster!   

As for sederic's poster what with social media and all why not send message to Kate Winslet or Leo to this link and see if they have any feedback... You never know!

Offline sederic68

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2019, 02:14:33 PM »
That’s a great idea Vick!  I read a lot about DiCaprio’s signature and how it’s changed over the years. The one that is on this poster is consistent with the time period and his signature here is difficult to imitate.
Eric

Offline sederic68

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2019, 06:11:47 PM »
I sent Ms. Winslet an email. If I should hear back from her, I will let everyone know what she said.
Eric

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2019, 09:26:07 PM »
I sent Ms. Winslet an email. If I should hear back from her, I will let everyone know what she said.

did you include a photo of the poster and a close-up of her signature?

if not, what do you think she can answer?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline sederic68

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2019, 09:30:13 PM »
Of course I included a picture of the poster!
Eric

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2019, 10:16:12 PM »
Of course I included a picture of the poster!

why don't you post a picture here, so we can see it

-------

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2019, 12:46:21 AM »
I've gotten many real ones , cuts from books or regular cuts  , not everything is fake but sgd photos are in general more likely to be fake

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2019, 05:40:54 PM »
I asked on autograph forum :

"Winslet is way off"

Another replied "big no"

:(

Some autographs i know better than others : Connery , Streisand , Welch (only modern though) , Roger Moore , Adam West (he wrote  "Adam West" for yrs and yrs , then 15 yrs ago or so "adam West" , the "a" was no longer capital)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 05:43:12 PM by Tang Lung in Rome »