Author Topic: Tarantino & Sharon Tate  (Read 8938 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Tarantino & Sharon Tate
« on: June 26, 2019, 02:50:11 PM »
Couldn't be more excited about "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood".

I am a Tarantino fan, but I have also always been very intrigued/fascinated by the Polanski/Tate era and its tragic ending.

I just went through my collection and put a few Sharon Tate posters together.  Not a lot, but then again, she only made 6 movies: https://moviepostersgallery.com/sharon-tate/

Can't wait for the Tarantino flick.

T

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Tarantino & Sharon Tate
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 12:19:16 AM »
Couldn't be more excited about "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood".

I am a Tarantino fan, but I have also always been very intrigued/fascinated by the Polanski/Tate era and its tragic ending.

I just went through my collection and put a few Sharon Tate posters together.  Not a lot, but then again, she only made 6 movies: https://moviepostersgallery.com/sharon-tate/

Can't wait for the Tarantino flick.

T

Hi T, Thanks for sharing your great Sharon Tate posters!  I was intrigued by the bottom "About" section of your Sharon Tate gallery that listed many different cuts of meat?  Is that a secret code for us to decipher perhaps?  Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 01:36:22 AM »
Hi T, Thanks for sharing your great Sharon Tate posters!  I was intrigued by the bottom "About" section of your Sharon Tate gallery that listed many different cuts of meat?  Is that a secret code for us to decipher perhaps?  Okie

Yeah, that came with the website.  I guess I'm supposed to talk about myself, introduce myself, why I collect, blah blah blah.  I need to have my guy remove it because to put it bluntly, it doesn't interest me.  My website is not about me, it's about my posters.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 11:23:54 PM »
Yeah, that came with the website.  I guess I'm supposed to talk about myself, introduce myself, why I collect, blah blah blah.  I need to have my guy remove it because to put it bluntly, it doesn't interest me.  My website is not about me, it's about my posters.

T

Ah, but your quote from Scorsese does give at least a hint "about" you, eh!? It's one very "prime" cut!   Okie
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 11:25:29 PM by okiehawker »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 06:28:51 PM »
Being a completist kinda sucks, because if you like a movie, you must own it all.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is my favorite movie so far this year, hands down.  I loved it.  It's not for everyone, but I've been fascinated with the Manson murders for years, and Tarantino's rendition, although historically not quite accurate, and not necessarily what I expected, worked for me.  So I had to own it all...  Yes, a little insane, but we all have our mental deficiencies, starting with collecting movie posters.  Still missing the Japanese B1s, but that will come in time.

T
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 08:40:25 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 06:35:18 PM »
nice stuff T

but I would debate your characterization of the film. It is not 'about' Manson at all. Manson & his crew are only sideline narrative/events tied in with the story.

it is a masterful film and something I can tell you, having lived through those days and with that music all all those events.. it puts together my youth into a neat and glorious tapestry, rich with nostalgia. Quentin captured it so fabulously. It leaves theatres tomorrow. I'm going to go see it again, just for fun.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 06:38:31 PM »
Agreed, but it is still very much there, the Spahn Ranch scene, Sharon at the Westwood theater...  All the way to the great ending and that amazing shot overlooking the Ciello Dr. house.  This was magnificent.

I've seen it 3 times already.  I can't remember the last time I saw a movie 3 times in the theaters.

T
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 06:41:13 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2019, 05:04:23 AM »
Good grief, you rounded that lot up quickly...!

Nice collection.  It appeals to my sense of completism.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 06:45:35 PM »
If you don't do it quickly, they disappear and/or become too expensive.  The wilding were especially hard to get because most of the stuff out there is fake.  Once it's done, you can move on to something else.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 10:47:33 PM »
Great collection. Especially the Rick Dalton fake movie posters.

Love that movie. Gets better with every watch.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2021, 11:59:32 PM »
Ha!  I completely forgot about this post or the posters.  I don't think I have collected so many posters on a single movie since. 

Well, there was Covid, but now that it's over, I'm ready to begin a new quest :)

T
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 01:28:24 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection