Author Topic: Raiders of the Lost Ark '81 - different GAU/'Property of NSSC' configurations?  (Read 11273 times)

Offline Taiyaki

• Beginner
Yes, he has produced and distributed countless fakes into the market. Can you provide pics and measurements of what you have bought from him?
I think I have all six Drew Struzan double sided Star Wars posters (special editions and prequels) from him. All 27x40 and I’m pretty confident legitimate (I have a few spares from from other sellers but identical high print quality. I also have Indiana Jones and the temple of doom from him and it looks legitimate too (at 27x40, outstanding print quality etc). I’m sure I bought more but I’d have to check which.

Offline Taiyaki

• Beginner
It had been a while but after checking in my archives turns out I bought a lot more than I had thought from him. So much so that I don't think I can list them all without spending serious time.

From what I can find looks like the most expensive purchases I bought were Empire, Return of the Jedi and the Raiders posters from '81 and '82 (all mint and rolled, and Raiders was complete with all the texts unlike the '81 he seems to be selling now). That had me worried so I immediately compared to my other copies since I have multiple of Raiders, and luckily they were identical (the ones from Bradburied were always mint mint, as if they'd just rolled off the factory so my older copies are easily spotted due to the creases and wear), and I see no difference even face up to the poster. They have the same printing (size, quality etc), even the GAU stamp is identical in every way, and the paper quality too (that thin type of poster paper that was used at the time).

I didn't keep any spares for Empire and Jedi so I can't compare anymore, but nothing stands out as wrong there either. They feel the same in terms of paper and print quality and size (41 inches for both). I think back in the day if they seemed suspicious I would have known before replacing the ones I had before.

I did find an extra Last Crusade which is my original all banged up and it matches up with the pristine one I got from Bradburied too. Looking back I think Bradburied was one of my 2 or 3 go to sellers I'd go to to upgrade my posters because it was very appealing to get posters that just came out so new without any creases or damage.

I also have The Thing. It looks legitimate too, same paper style, everything looks alright. Paper edges are not the so called minty white but sort of off white, again I don't see anything suspicious. It's another 41 inches one.

It looks as thought I also bought all the Killian posters from the 90's from him too. The only one I bought from someone else seems to be the It's a Wonderful Life one. Looking at it compared to the others I got from Bradburied I'd say nothing stands out as fishy there either.

Is there a list of fakes this guy sold other than the hairy belt poster? It's a shocking revelation to hear he's considered one of the bad guys in the trade. All those years ago I had no idea. He had perfect feedback and every purchase was working out so there was no reason to stay away.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 02:35:11 AM by Taiyaki »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
I would never buy big titles from bradburied.  It’s like buying signatures.  Not worth wondering whether you got the real deal or not, especially when those titles are so easily found elsewhere.  What you did, comparing posters, seems like so much work to me, and really unnecessary if bought from a reliable source.

Obviously, he’s not going to sell fakes of lesser titles, so you’re safe there.

T
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 05:31:59 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)