Author Topic: South Korean Posters for US films  (Read 3214 times)

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
South Korean Posters for US films
« on: March 07, 2019, 05:16:47 AM »
I realise this is a long shot, but does anyone know of, or have any connections to sourcing South Korean release posters for US current release films?

I've done a fair bit of searching but haven't found anything yet. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Offline iojabba

• Hobbyist
Re: South Korean Posters for US films
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 03:44:22 PM »
I've spent a fair bit of time in Korea and have had very little luck obtaining posters. I haven't been able to track down a dealer in originals. I wonder if the population density and limited space has prevented the hording of paper. Even if that is the case, you would think that there would be some collectors market, but none of my Korean friends have been able to help. Reprints are easy to find, but who wants that?
- Eric

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 05:01:52 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Interesting points you make. I’m looking for newer release material so you would think that would be easier to track down than vintage but it appears not. I guess part of why I love posters is that they were meant to be thrown away yet are cherished by so many of us.

Offline iojabba

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 11:29:36 AM »
I actually tried to obtain a current (at the time) release poster for someone on this forum a few years ago and none of the employees at the theater had any interest in helping me obtain one. It was like I had asked them to do something forbidden, so I let it go. Unfortunate, but I have a feeling that they typically get destroyed/recycled.
- Eric