Author Topic: Some of my autographed stuff  (Read 13810 times)

spacething

Some of my autographed stuff
« on: May 07, 2010, 10:12:22 PM »

I like getting things autographed whenever I can.  Here's Cannibal Holocaust signed X3

This is a Strand Releasing Faster Pussycat poster signed by Tura Satana.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Re: Some of my autographed stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 03:32:40 PM »
I have just taken a pic of this for another thread, but here's my Karloff Autograph. I met both of these lovely ladys a couple of years back.

It's more than a Hobby...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 03:45:31 PM »
Nice! Karloff, Danning and Lords....sweeeet stuff, Paul!

spacething

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 08:12:06 AM »

Went to HORROR REALM in Pittsburgh this weekend.  Good times!  I got my Basket Case quad and Brain Damage one-sheet signed. 

Basket Case signed X 3: Beverly Bonner, Kevin VanHentenryck, and Frank Henenlotter.

Brain Damage signed X 2: Zacherley (he is the voice of Aylmer [aka Elmer] but uncredited) and Frank Henenlotter. 

The Zacherley autograph is one that I got at a different convention last year, but at this past weekend I got Henenlotter to sign it too.  I love what he did with it.  Love it.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 10:03:43 AM »
Very nice, you Guy's in the states have way better Film Fairs than in the U.K.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 02:08:19 PM »
Outstanding sigs, spacething! Having Henenlotter's own drawing of Elmer on your BRAIN DAMAGE poster is a bonus and 1/2!
Did you take pics at the show that you can share?

spacething

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 05:06:30 PM »
Outstanding sigs, spacething! Having Henenlotter's own drawing of Elmer on your BRAIN DAMAGE poster is a bonus and 1/2!
Did you take pics at the show that you can share?

Yeah I thought it was great that he drew that sketch, I didn't even ask him to do it.  He just went ahead and did it!  All three guests were very cautious about where they signed the poster, which I liked. 

Here are some pics from the show:

Henenlotter gets ready to sign my quad while Kevin VanHentenryck checks it out.  Kevin said that there was someone at the convention selling a t-shirt based on the image that's on the quad.  Very cool!

This is Beverly Bonner who played "Casey" in Basket Case.  She was very sweet and made me us feel like we had known her for years.  Right now she's a performer in NYC and has a stage show called "Gloria Glitter."  And.... a long long time ago she was in a stage show with Divine!

I did get some pics taken of myself with the guests, but I really like this caricature of me that I had done at the convention.  I asked the artist to do a homage to The Incredible Melting Man.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 09:19:39 AM »
Very cool photos, spacething.
Were there many movie poster dealers at the show? What did you buy?
Don't hold out on us, man...show us the goods!

spacething

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 09:41:24 AM »
Very cool photos, spacething.
Were there many movie poster dealers at the show? What did you buy?
Don't hold out on us, man...show us the goods!

I wouldn't hold out on you guys!  Ha ha!

It was a very, very small show.  Brude - it's actually a good thing you didn't go because if you were looking for posters you would have been disappointed. The only poster dealer there that I knew about was the guy who I bought my REVENGE OF THE ZOMBIES (1981) from.  He and his wife had a table set up and they were selling dvds, original posters, some prints, figurines and what not.  I didn't check out his inventory, but I did notice he had a GIANT SPIDER INVASION poster and some other stuff.  I bought some dvds from him - House on the Edge of the Park, Mighty Gorga, The Beast That Killed Women, Starcrash, and The Hi-Riders. I didn't buy any posters though.

Most of the dealers were local artists and authors who were promoting their work.  That's really cool, but my preference is for dvd and movie memorabilia dealers. 

Everyone there was really nice and I made some new friends.  I've been to my fair share of film conventions and the BASKET CASE alumni were some of the most courteous guests I've met.  :)