Author Topic: Thoughts on the 2019 Oscars  (Read 5147 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Thoughts on the 2019 Oscars
« on: February 25, 2019, 11:10:31 AM »
What say you?

My wife and I for the last 12 years have attended AMC's Best Picture Showcase to watch all of the best picture nominees in one sitting. If you haven't done it, it's awesome!

Green Book, hands down, was our favorite. It's the last one we saw this time, after the other seven.  I am very pleased, though, that for the most part, each of the nominees had a real chance of winning -- there was, to me, no standout among them, and I daresay that even applies to the Black Panther juggernaut. 

The best movie line in this series, and perhaps of all time?  "I like it when she puts her tongue in me."  I nearly fell out of my fucking chair lol.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your insights about this oscars run. I don't mean to limit it to best pictures.  Whatever you want  to talk about :)

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Thoughts on the 2019 Oscars
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 10:59:22 PM »
Hi Holiday, I was hoping Glenn Close's day had come, though in fairness to all the actresses nominated, I haven't seen all of their films. She's in good company when looking at the lists of actresses/actors who have been nominated multiple times without a win.  Okie

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 11:06:10 AM »
I was disappointed Toni Collette wasn't even nominated for her role in Hereditary.

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 06:49:30 PM »
I agree with you Dr Bill!  She really deserved a nom for her incredible performance in that great movie.