Author Topic: January 2019  (Read 20459 times)

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
Re: January 2019
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2019, 05:46:11 PM »
this happened to my poster due to a clown packer from japan recently moron1

That isn't good.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2019, 06:20:44 PM »
Mean while, this arrived today (2018 Quad for the horror film Hell Fest)

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2019, 10:27:03 PM »

Sucks to hear about damage in shipping.

As an ironic contrast to your experience, I once had an imbecile of a seller ship me a poster using another poster as the tube.  I mean he literally wrapped my purchase inside another low value poster, put tape over the ends, wrote my address and put stamps directly on the outer poster.

The craziest part was it arrived in perfect shape. Haha.

Makes you wonder WTF is going on when shipping services manage to crush one of those "gorilla proof" tubes.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2019, 10:55:51 PM »
It happens to me a lot, since I buy a lot, and I won't put up with it.  If the seller cannot ship a poster, I don't even want to argue with him, not worth my time.  I just open a Paypal dispute, ship the poster back and get my money back.  Super easy and efficient.  End of story.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2019, 03:15:08 PM »
Heres one I recently picked up.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2019, 07:01:47 PM »
It happens to me a lot, since I buy a lot, and I won't put up with it.  If the seller cannot ship a poster, I don't even want to argue with him, not worth my time.  I just open a Paypal dispute, ship the poster back and get my money back.  Super easy and efficient.  End of story.

T

Maybe I should do the same with the person who shipped me the Vertigo - he says "sorry the courier damaged the tube and I apologise that I put it in a tube that was not up for the job, I will contact the courier and put a claim in to get you refunded"!!!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2019, 07:14:27 PM »
Yes you should.  Don't leave it up to the seller to do anything for you.  He fucked up, he should get reimbursed after you.  Just do it yourself and never buy from that person again.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2019, 10:43:29 PM »

This looks a but painful. Flimsy or half-ass packaging is one of the worst.  :-\  gun1 hitself

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2019, 11:44:19 PM »
Chris

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2019, 12:46:55 AM »

Great shot of Ann Sheridan, Chris!  Wow!  Another great Australian poster, eh!?   Okie

Offline angelflyover

• Beginner
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2019, 04:03:30 AM »

Sorry to bother you,not a big movie,premiered at Sundance with difficulty getting international distribution until Universal and Focus Features picked it up.I quite like the design of the poster.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2019, 08:17:23 AM »

Maybe I should do the same with the person who shipped me the Vertigo - he says "sorry the courier damaged the tube and I apologise that I put it in a tube that was not up for the job, I will contact the courier and put a claim in to get you refunded"!!!

I agree with T. It shouldn't be up to you to wait and see IF he gets reimbursed by postal office, which I doubt would cover the entire amount anyway.  If you paid by credit card or PayPal  go for a full refund.  Or send it back and ask him to ship
 you another copy. Or if you are content living with some damage tell him to send you 75% refund or something.  Sometimes that's better than returning a poster for full refund as the buyer gets dinged on the return shipping costs which can be close to or more than the actual poster..
Just don't play the waiting game though as you have a time limit ton some of these options.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2019, 08:29:47 AM »
I agree with T. It shouldn't be up to you to wait and see IF he gets reimbursed by postal office, which I doubt would cover the entire amount anyway.  If you paid by credit card or PayPal  go for a full refund.  Or send it back and ask him to ship
 you another copy. Or if you are content living with some damage tell him to send you 75% refund or something.  Sometimes that's better than returning a poster for full refund as the buyer gets dinged on the return shipping costs which can be close to or more than the actual poster..
Just don't play the waiting game though as you have a time limit ton some of these options.

I don't want to lose the poster as it very very rarely comes up on the bay this one, even with some damage it is better than not having one, but it's worth only half of what I paid for it, so I will take the advise and ask him for at least a 50% refund up front rather than waiter to see if the bloody courier refunds it! thanks

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2019, 08:46:11 AM »
Great shot of Ann Sheridan, Chris!  Wow!  Another great Australian poster, eh!?   Okie

It's great because actual photos of the actors were used vs. the imagery having been relegated to artists to draw & re-create... lol  ;D  (Aside from the very talented art dept that existed at Richardson Studio, that is  thumbup).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 08:49:45 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2019, 12:45:21 PM »

Sorry to bother you,not a big movie,premiered at Sundance with difficulty getting international distribution until Universal and Focus Features picked it up.I quite like the design of the poster.

Hi Angelflyover,  I agree with you on the nice design.  Do you know for which release of the film your poster was used? Thanks, Okie

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2019, 06:20:25 PM »
I don't want to lose the poster as it very very rarely comes up on the bay this one, even with some damage it is better than not having one, but it's worth only half of what I paid for it, so I will take the advise and ask him for at least a 50% refund up front rather than waiter to see if the bloody courier refunds it! thanks

I hear ya.  Worse case scenario, you have an opportunity down the road to pick up another nicer copy, send this one to Bruce or sell it yourself and recover the other 50%.  Hope the seller agrees, probably in their best interest to do so.

I once bought a WW1 French poster from an antique shop in New England somewhere, a nice rolled copy... but it arrived - yep, folded. She was a nice older lady and completely oblivious, thought she was saving me money by folding it before shipping. I remember her email... "Was that wrong?"  My fault I guess. She did give a 50% refund, and I was left with a wicked awesome WW1 poster, which, even if folded, are impossible to come by.  Although come to think of it I did already have another copy.

let us know how it turns out!

Offline angelflyover

• Beginner
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2019, 06:47:56 PM »
Hi,okiehawker ,this design is used when the movie is showing in Projector Singapore ,sort of an arthouse and indie movies theaters concept in Singapore.Check it out below:

http://theprojector.sg/

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2019, 06:58:43 PM »
Hi,okiehawker ,this design is used when the movie is showing in Projector Singapore ,sort of an arthouse and indie movies theaters concept in Singapore.Check it out below:

http://theprojector.sg/

Pretty darn cool theatre, Angelflyover!  Described as Singapore's "most secret hidden cinema".  Thanks for the great connection.  Okie

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2019, 06:50:55 AM »
A few more Polish Posters added to my collection.

An Event (Zdarzenie / Dogadjaj), Artist: Zygmunt Bobrowski 

How Far, How Near (Jak daleko stad, jak blisko), Artist: Wiktor Gorka

Poor Rich (Biedni bogacze), Artist: Andrzej Onegin Dabrowski

La Grande Scrofa Nera (Rodzinny gang ) (English title: The Big Black Sow), Artist: Jerzy Flizak

Rys Vykhodit na Tropu (Rys Follows the Path), English Title: Lynx on the Trail, Artist: J. Skierny

Les maries de l'an II (Malzonkowie roku II ) AKA: The Swashbuckler" / The Scarlet Buccaneer / The Scoundrel).Artist: Andrzej Krajewski

Under the Volcano (Pod wulkanem), Artist: Lech Majewski

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2019, 03:19:46 PM »
I have been on the r receiving end of poor packing many times as well and have gotten to the point that I send a canned message when I buy, quoted below. It, when the seller follows it, has worked out very well and I would say that my overall annual damaged poster percentage has dropped dramatically when using it. Anyone interested, feel free to copy it word for word if you like.

"When shipping can you please try to follow the instructions at the site linked below as closely as you can and make sure it is fully insured. I have had some really bad luck with damage from poor packing and USPS handling lately. http://posterfrom.com/resources/how-to-ship-a-poster/ Thank you, Mike"
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2019, 03:27:49 PM »
Great polish selection there, poster art. 

I see some really nice stuff so far this month.

thumbsup.gif

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2019, 03:32:43 PM »
I think your stuff is a little long, dead dude.  No one is going to read that.  I have a packaging request form too.  I send it to everyone I buy from, which is also why I do not attempt to deal with the seller if the packaging is wrong.  Been there done that.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2019, 07:43:02 PM »
The frustrating for me is I have bought stuff of this seller many times before and he normally sends it an good tube - I can only assume he didn't have any of the hard quad tubes left and he send it in this shit one instead - but it doesn't excuse him. This was an expensive quad and it's one of the ones produced by Park Circus and they are always on really thin paper, so he really should have wrapped it properly and sent it in a thick strong tube. Maybe he just didn't think.

What is also not acceptable though that he makes me wait to see if he can get refunded by the courier, I don't think that is on to be honest.

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2019, 01:36:32 PM »

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2019, 05:36:27 PM »
Az prijde kocour (1963) aka The Cassandra Cat/When the Cat Comes/The Cat Who Wore Sunglasses

super happy to get this country of origin poster. the A1 is better than this A3 but i don't care ;D
it's a GREAT film if you have not seen it

poster art - i remember the Rodzinny gang poster was censored eyeroll ;D