Author Topic: January 2019  (Read 20515 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
January 2019
« on: January 05, 2019, 11:34:50 PM »
Had this French poster arrive for SCANNERS (1981)

Art by Joann

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: January 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 12:05:20 AM »
Guys & Dolls (gambling)

horse racing

Chandler (upgraded)

this isn't new, I just 'found it again' though. Band poster I pulled from a light pole when I was in San Jose for Pulp Con about 25 years ago

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 12:34:06 AM »
Hi Jeff:  Congratulations on the creepy Scanners poster!

Hi Richie:  Nice going on The Unseen upgrade.  That Slag poster is crazy, and it really was attached to an outdoor light pole?!  Super crazy!

Okie

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 01:12:15 AM »
Hi Jeff:  Congratulations on the creepy Scanners poster!

Hi Richie:  Nice going on The Unseen upgrade.  That Slag poster is crazy, and it really was attached to an outdoor light pole?!  Super crazy!

Okie

thanks Okie.. the Slag flyer is hilarious. I wonder if she's still single?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 11:38:42 AM »
Nice Scanners poster Jeff!  thumbsup.gif

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 11:56:22 AM »
Nice Scanners poster Jeff!  thumbsup.gif

Danke, gents.  :)

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 01:56:15 PM »
Never seen the movie, but the art on the Unseen is pretty nice.

Keep ‘Em coming.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 02:34:42 PM »
Never seen the movie, but the art on the Unseen is pretty nice.

pseudo-horror along the psychology line.
I need a 3 sheet

-------

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 03:09:21 PM »
With 3 kids under 6, I feel I’ll never have a chance to see another old movie again.  I have all the new movies st home and keep falling asleep half way thru.  Fell asleep to Mary Poppins Return, Bumblebee, Aquaman (after 10 mn), even The Favourite (which I heard was really good).  The only one I’ve watched from beginning to end was the excellent Green Book.  So old movies will be in 10 years.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 03:22:55 PM »
pseudo-horror along the psychology line.
I need a 3 sheet

Sounds like a good flicker, there, Rich.

-Jeff

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 03:40:16 PM »
The Unseen was conceived as a sort of unofficial follow-up to the much better The Uninvited (1944), a great ghost story starring the same actress (Gail Russell) and directed by the same guy (Lewis Allen).  It's nowhere near as successful, but the posters for the movie are nice. 

I own a French poster for The Uninvited that used to hang above the mantel in my old summer house on Long Island. 

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 03:42:14 PM »
The Unseen was conceived as a sort of unofficial follow-up to the much better The Uninvited (1944), a great ghost story starring the same actress (Gail Russell) and directed by the same guy (Lewis Allen).  It's nowhere near as successful, but the posters for the movie are nice. 

I own a French poster for The Uninvited that used to hang above the mantel in my old summer house on Long Island.

why the assigned script duties to Chandler I'll never know. But then again, why they assigned him to And Now Tomorrow is an even greater mystery

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2019, 05:08:44 PM »
Also had this Frenchie come in.

I prefer this style with Kong holding what is identifiable as a crushed fighter, rather than the other where it looks more like just a crushed chunk of metal in his hand.

King Kong (1976)

Art by John Berkey

-Jeff

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 10:48:54 PM »
That's a good way to start 2019, Jeff: Kong catches a jet!  Man, can you imagine how hard it would be to hold on to the top of a building while grabbing a jet and not being pulled off said building!?  Kong! Kong! Kong!

P.S. Jessica Lange

Okie

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 10:07:38 AM »
I have not posted anything for a while (a few months) and though I have had quite a few new posters (mainly UK rerelease Quads and a few Polish posters - which are the mainstay of my collecting these days) i have recently acquired some Imax promotional posters, both Quads and the larger poster frame ones. so in this post first ~I will share these.

May not be everyones's cup of tea but thought I would share them out of interest.

UK QUAD IMAX promotional poster -First Man version

UK Quad IMAX promotional poster - Space version

UK Quad IMAX promotional poster - Sky/Planes version

UK Quad IMAX promotional poster - Seascape version

And the full size IMAX versions (bar one that I need for set)

Full size IMAX promotional poster - First Man version

Full size IMAX promotional poster - Ship version

Full size IMAX promotional poster - Planes version

Would be interested to know what people think, hope it was ok to post in this section for movie posters - well as it's advertising films in the IMAX cinema I assumed it would be. Gonna post my most recent quads later this week.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 10:10:10 AM by poster art »

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 11:31:49 AM »
Hi Poster Art,  I really like your space and aeronautic IMAX posters.  I bet they are awesome to see in person, eh?    Okie

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 12:53:22 PM »
Hi Poster Art,  I really like your space and aeronautic IMAX posters.  I bet they are awesome to see in person, eh?    Okie

They are really nice and apart from the First Man one they are all on really thick heavy paper. So much more durable than the regular quads.

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 04:48:58 AM »
I really like those IMAX posters. Seems that the First Man posters relates to the film, but do the others relate to any other films? At first I thought the boat was from The Perfect Storm, but it's a different image. Either way, nice set to have. Looking forward to seeing the quads.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 06:10:52 AM »
I really like those IMAX posters. Seems that the First Man posters relates to the film, but do the others relate to any other films? At first I thought the boat was from The Perfect Storm, but it's a different image. Either way, nice set to have. Looking forward to seeing the quads.

The quads are the first four pictures (the last three are the full size IMAX posters. Not sure if the others refer to the films or not as there is no reference, but I would say that the aeronaut one looks like taken from Dunkirk to me.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 06:13:53 AM »
The quads are the first four pictures (the last three are the full size IMAX posters. Not sure if the others refer to the films or not as there is no reference, but I would say that the aeronaut one looks like taken from Dunkirk to me. and the Space one I suppose could be from any film that has space exploration (Interstella??). But who knows, it would be interesting to find out if they were taken from specific films.

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 08:22:33 AM »
Gonna post my most recent quads later this week.

Apologies, I though you had some rerelease quads to post.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2019, 06:31:04 PM »
Apologies, I though you had some rerelease quads to post.

Ah yes, sorry I thought you were referring to the imax quads. I was in the process of doing it which takes time as I have to put them on my share account first elsewhere and then link the image address as you know. I almost had finished with quite a few posters which seemed to take ages and pressed preview so I could check and they all dissappeared, I don't know what happened it just went back to the thread and my post was gone. Took me ages as well.  So I need to do it again...

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2019, 08:24:39 AM »
Ok, here are my latest rerelease quads (sorry if any posted before).. not strictly January acquisitions but not had time to post my quads for a while and still wanted to share, so here you go.

Most recent these two........

Rerelease Quad for Hopper's The Last Movie (just got this a few days ago of still on its way to me). I just love this movie!!

Park Circus/BFI Rerelease UK Quad for Michelangelo Antonioni's 70's classic The Passenger - 2019 (again just got it last week so still on its way to me).

And others got recently...

UK Quad rerelease for the 40th Anniversary of Halloween.(2018)

UK Rerelease Quad for Beetlejuice. (2018)

UK Quad rerelease 2018 for the Beatles Yellow Submarine.

UK Quad 40th anniversary Park Circus for GREASE 2018

UK Quad rerelease Park Circus poster for Mildred Pierce 2018

UK Quad rerelease 70th Anniversary Park Circus for It's a Wonderful Life, 2018

Yeah I am sure you all seen this before but Park Circus used the same image for the 2018 reboot!!!

UK Quad Rerelease Park Circus poster 2018 of Die Hard 25th Anniversary (not the best of posters with the image of Bruce just ripped of the 2013 rerelease quad.

For reference, here's my copy of the 2013 rerelease quad.

Also got the 2001 Space Odyssey, Pandora's Box and The Big Lebowski rerelease quads but as they already been posted by Mike in this forum won't post again.

Also, recently managed to get this older rerelease quad that came my way at a very good price.

UK Quad 2006 30th anniversary Park Circus re-release for Bugsy Malone

Interesting to see this Quad poster promoting the TV series of This is England '86 - unusual to get a quad for TV but they did do some on street publicity for the series a few years back.

And finally but not least, three of the Matt Ferguson posters for the Carpenter rerelease films.

This is the tour poster quad

Rerelease quad for Escape From New York

Rerelease of The Fog

If you like the Carpenter movie posters you should know that artist Matt Ferguson in collaboration with Studio Canal  are doing a timed release for these posters from today for 7 days. The edition number will be however many sell in the 7 days as they realise there'a a big demand for these. I'm gonna buy the set for £150 ($180) or you can buy individually for £50 ($60) as they will be signed and numbered edition. Pity they are not doing them as screen prints though.

All four will posters will be released via the https://vice-press.com/ website as well as at https://greymatterart.com/ Grey Matter Art, starting at 5pm GMT  / 12pm EST / 9am PST
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 08:42:28 AM by poster art »

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2019, 11:59:38 AM »
Reminds me of another here who collects re-releases and Park Circus...

Very interesting.  Thanks.

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2019, 02:37:13 PM »
Nice selection of Quads. I have the Beetlejuice and was slightly disappointed with the quality of the poster. There are obviously some really well designed rerelease posters but they put 0 effort in on this one.

Good info regrading the Carpenter quads. I was looking for a full set but have not seen Prince of Darkness or They Live! available. I wonder if these posters will be exactly the same as the Quads issued to Cinemas in terms of image and paper stock? From the images on the site they seem to have a different credit block to the Cinema Quads and I don't know how the paper compares. Nice set to have though and should make the quadruple bill even more collectable.