Author Topic: Vintage Baseball Specialing In Women In Baseball  (Read 11689 times)

Offline Ratzkywatzky

• Beginner
Vintage Baseball Specialing In Women In Baseball
« on: November 30, 2018, 10:29:36 PM »
My favorite "crossover" item. Signed by both Mantle and Maris. Only insert poster I have seen signed by both. PSA/DNA authenticated.

But my real passion is women in baseball items. From the 19th century to the AAGPBL (League Of Their Own).

And the centerpiece of my collection...the original 1897 signed contract which allowed Lizzie Arlington(Stride) to become the only woman ever to play in an affiliated professional game (meaning a real minor league game affiliated with major league baseball).

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Vintage Baseball Specialing In Women In Baseball
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 10:55:01 PM »
Cool passion, Ratz!  Wow, some amazing, rare Women's Baseball goodies!  Hot dog!  What a treat to see.  Thanks for sharing.  Okie

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 11:14:20 PM »
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 11:44:38 PM »
Those vintage pieces are amazing. Really nice, too.

-Jeff

Offline Ratzkywatzky

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 12:10:51 AM »
Thank you everyone. With a collecting field as saturated as baseball, it is tough to find a niche that is challenging but still affordable. This one fits the bill. Plus I have three daughters who all love playing sports, so I guess it is a bit of an homage to those who helped pave the way.

A few other pieces. I have a bunch more. Will post some here and there.

Girl who played on her high school baseball team during WW2. She eventually played a few years in the AAGPBL and the softball field at the high school is now named in her honor

Babe Didrickson and Hall Of Famer Jesse Haines

1948 Real Photo Postcard

1940's pair of women's baseball/softball shoes

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 03:16:59 AM »
very nice genre collection
I look forward to more posts

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 11:12:22 AM »
^ditto
i've seen stills of Colleen Moore playing baseball on ebay now and then which might interest you (the film will be lost)
from emp:

Offline Ratzkywatzky

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 12:40:20 PM »
That is awesome. I hadn't seen that lobby card. Will have to keep an eye out for that one and stills from that movie. I have a few lobby's from "Girls Can Play"...an early Rita Hayworth pic that was really about softball but I'm not too picky as crossover collectibles are few and far between. Also have a lobby set for the film "Mickey" where Lois Butler plays something of a tomboy who plays baseball. Several of the lobby cards depict this.