Author Topic: Three Stooges Beer - Panther Brewing Co. 1998  (Read 8634 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Three Stooges Beer - Panther Brewing Co. 1998
« on: November 26, 2018, 03:45:42 PM »
Picked up this advertising poster yesterday for Panther Brewing Company of Utica, NY, when they introduced a beer, back in 1998, called "The Three Stooges Beer." The brewery is no longer open.

The poster measures 28 x 36 inches and is rolled. There is no printer's name info on the poster, just the trademark info and year printed.

Ive looked a bit for this poster online and only found one or 2. Others were done in a much smaller size, too, standees, etc. The Stooges tie-in makes it cool for us movie lovers, too.

The brewery's name and beer were inspired and taken from the Stooges short, called THREE LITTLE BEERS (1935), produced by Columbia.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/K-jyLtty9cg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/K-jyLtty9cg</a>

-Jeff

Offline joedirt322

• Beginner
Re: Three Stooges Beer - Panther Brewing Co. 1998
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 06:13:41 PM »
That is extremely cool and rare or so it seems to come across. I remember watching The Three Stooges when I was a kid. What do you plan on doing with it? Framing or storing it lol.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 06:34:07 PM »
That is extremely cool and rare or so it seems to come across. I remember watching The Three Stooges when I was a kid. What do you plan on doing with it? Framing or storing it lol.

Not sure yet. I could also put it into the rotation, of the few frames I have on the walls. It was actually in a frame in the shop I found it in... so I took a movie poster and asked if they would let me swap it out.

They agreed. And Im sure the frame with a right size 27x40 poster in it.. and a true theatrical OS will sell quickly, too.

-Jeff

Offline joedirt322

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 08:05:48 PM »
Lol so you just asked to switch it for a movie poster and they just let you? Pretty cool! You should display it honestly..

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 08:12:57 PM »
Lol so you just asked to switch it for a movie poster and they just let you? Pretty cool! You should display it honestly..

I took them a poster from my collection, and figured I could at least ask if they would do it. The mgr said yes, I did the swap-out, opened the frame, exchanged the posters. All good.

-Jeff

Offline joedirt322

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 12:10:08 AM »
You got balls, I still haven't got the balls to ask for a poster from the movie theater.