Author Topic: Whut? "Drago"/Dolph Lundgren is an erudite and thoughtful dude!  (Read 5141 times)

guest4955

Whut? "Drago"/Dolph Lundgren is an erudite and thoughtful dude!
« on: November 20, 2018, 05:45:52 AM »
I vaguely remember Rocky IV from the 1980s/Cold War era and mostly remember the ice cold Drago character played by Lundgren. He's since starred in plenteous "dumb fun" movies I've missed.

So I was quite surprised to see his 15 minute, perfectly polished, note-free, recent speech about his abusive childhood, ditching his engineering degree for stardom, and enjoying fluctuating fortunes. (I gave 30+ mostly-mediocre speeches in Toastmasters and quite envy his speaking skills!)

So watch in linked article:

https://www.vulture.com/2018/11/dolph-lundgren-ivan-drago-creed-ii-profile.html

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Re: Whut? "Drago"/Dolph Lundgren is an erudite and thoughtful dude!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 03:06:42 PM »
I read somewhere a long time ago that he has a measured IQ of 160.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 02:32:41 PM »
Met him in Lon , he seemed on auto pilot , was gonna talk about Gwildor in Masters but he seemed kinda out of it. He wasnt rude or anything though

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 03:57:07 AM »
He even shocked his native Sweden with his intelligence a few years back! After living abroad so long he had a reputation for being stroppy and pretending to “forget” the Swedish language. Then about 10 years ago he was interviewed on TV where he gave a very good impression, which led to some off-beat TV show hosting gigs, including I believe the annual European music competition (a very big deal). He has an engineering degree and seems like a nice guy...