Author Topic: Casablanca (Warner Brothers, 1942). Spanish Heralds (2)  (Read 5160 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Casablanca (Warner Brothers, 1942). Spanish Heralds (2)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 12:14:01 PM »
I hadnt looked at the price these 2 CASABLANCA Spanish heralds sold for until just now, in HA's last Fall Sig auction.

$7800.00 for the pair!! Amazing result!  notworthy.gif faint2.gif thumbsup.gif

That is noteworthy, by any stretch of the imagination.

Congrats once again (better late than never) to Grey and his HA poster team.

-Jeff

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 12:18:01 PM »
I saw this result too Jeff, absolutely flabbergasted! faint2.gif

Offline Taniaedurne

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 05:56:39 AM »
And the strangest thing that the buyer wants to sell them already ????
Some have been sold for about $ 500 per unit in other auctions.

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 01:56:51 PM »
And the strangest thing that the buyer wants to sell them already ????

What would lead you to believe the buyer wishes to sell them already?
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Taniaedurne

• Hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 08:19:06 AM »
In the auction house of Ha.com says "Make Offer to Owner".
It is clear that he wants to sell it, I do not know at what price.

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 11:30:36 AM »
In the auction house of Ha.com says "Make Offer to Owner".
It is clear that he wants to sell it, I do not know at what price.

It is not clear at all that the buyer wants to sell it. In fact, right underneath the "Make Offer to Owner" button is "Owner's willingness to entertain and respond to Offers has not yet been verified.".

Heritage has had their Make Offer to Owner program in place for several years now, and every item will show that tab, unless the buyer opts out of the program. The program is a great deal for the buyer as there is NO Buyer's Premium, and even a reduced fee for the seller. I believe most of the sales through the program are from their Sports and Comics Auctions, not the Movie Posters.
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 04:05:17 PM »
It is not clear at all that the buyer wants to sell it. In fact, right underneath the "Make Offer to Owner" button is "Owner's willingness to entertain and respond to Offers has not yet been verified.".

Heritage has had their Make Offer to Owner program in place for several years now, and every item will show that tab, unless the buyer opts out of the program. The program is a great deal for the buyer as there is NO Buyer's Premium, and even a reduced fee for the seller. I believe most of the sales through the program are from their Sports and Comics Auctions, not the Movie Posters.

There's no BP but there is an automatic minimum % increase over the auction sale price (including the BP) when submitting an offer.  For example if something sold for $500 in the past you cannot submit an offer for $400 - it will always be a % higher than the result showing.  This serves to ensure that any sales realized are always above past results.

But I do agree it is a nice avenue to potentially locate items that are not otherwise for sale.
Chris

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 08:03:56 PM »
There's no BP but there is an automatic minimum % increase over the auction sale price (including the BP) when submitting an offer.  For example if something sold for $500 in the past you cannot submit an offer for $400 - it will always be a % higher than the result showing.  This serves to ensure that any sales realized are always above past results.

But I do agree it is a nice avenue to potentially locate items that are not otherwise for sale.

makes sense to me.
Why would they want to insult their customers by saying "you know that poster you bought for $500? We have a customer for it at $250 - how quickly can you get it back to us?"
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 08:26:25 PM »
makes sense to me.
Why would they want to insult their customers by saying "you know that poster you bought for $500? We have a customer for it at $250 - how quickly can you get it back to us?"

I get your point but obviously not everything perpetually increases in "value". 

Some potential sellers may be happy to cut their "losses" after seeing a decline in results over time...
Chris

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 10:39:41 PM »
I admit it. I might bid more aggressively at a trusted source like Heritage for rarely seen posters. I'll also do this at other sellers I trust. I think Chris makes a valid point on possible losses when perhaps people find they were overzealous (happens sometimes, eh?),  just uneducated on options, or money is not of the most concern.  I've bought several goodies the second or third time they came back up for sale for much, much lower prices (not always the case on rare posters, though I feel I'm patient most times).  Auctions can be wild places, eh?  A few times I've paid a little more at auction than I would if the exact same piece was on a dealer's wall at an even lower price.  Though, I haven't paid what looks like several times the price in this case compared to what Tania has the similar items for sale on eBay.  Are Tania's exactly the same?  If they are, this auction price seems like it has both good and bad implications for collectors of this same material.  Casablanca paper is a crazy collecting world currently!  Should we celebrate this price if it's uneducated collectors duking it out?   I want to sell high when I'm much older and ready to sell.  I'm really torn, though, on results and implications to the hobby when logic goes out the window.  Auctions, eh? Can't live with 'em, ... Okie