Author Topic: how to repair small hole  (Read 3796 times)

Offline Sunday Silence

• Beginner
how to repair small hole
« on: September 09, 2018, 09:13:40 AM »
I have a poster of the Matrix with a very small hole in it, e.g. 1/2" that I'd like to repair and make the poster sellable. Its not worth giving it to an expert is this a quick way inexpensive way to do this that someone without experience might be able to accopmlish?

thanks.

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
Re: how to repair small hole
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 10:41:56 AM »
You didn't mention if it's a cut in the poster or a 1/2 inch piece gone from the poster. The thing with new rolled posters is condition is everything. Any little ding or crease will decrease the value to some extent. A hole in the poster is impossible to hide, even if you use scotch tape on the reverse side, which is a big no-no. If the poster is double sided any tape you use on it will be seen. Personally I wouldn't try to sell it with a defect like that unless you tell the buyer it has a hole in it and give him a deep discount on the price. You may have to use it as wrapping paper.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 11:43:35 AM »
Can you post a pic of the hole?

Where on the poster is it located?

-Jeff

Offline Sunday Silence

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 05:30:28 PM »
yeah, hang on for more info, probably tomorrow. Going from memory I think its more like a tear that's left an opening. I dont think any portion is actually missing. Otherwise Id probably have given up on it. So hang on .

What happened was i sent the poster in an oblong box thinking this would be easier for buyers to open instead of having to fish it out of the tube. And I have a lot of them.  When the guy got it it looked like it was run over with a truck. Or at least that's how he sent it back who knows...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 05:36:13 PM »
Solid and sturdy shipping (using a tube for rolled posters), is a MUST. ;)

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 09:54:25 PM »
yeah, hang on for more info, probably tomorrow. Going from memory I think its more like a tear that's left an opening. I dont think any portion is actually missing. Otherwise Id probably have given up on it. So hang on .

What happened was i sent the poster in an oblong box thinking this would be easier for buyers to open instead of having to fish it out of the tube. And I have a lot of them.  When the guy got it it looked like it was run over with a truck. Or at least that's how he sent it back who knows...

Your descrip here makes it sound like that, in addition to the hole, it looks like it was "run over with a truck." Does that mean it was also crushed or now has creases that go thru it?

-Jeff

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 10:19:35 PM »
If the poster has a hole in it, and was returned to you mangled and creased, it's wrapping paper.

Offline Sunday Silence

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 02:42:27 PM »
its creased and has a few tears in it. I thought I could get the creases out with heat and humidity. Maybe not??