Author Topic: Storage for inserts or daybills UK  (Read 5929 times)

Offline Andylong677

• Beginner
Storage for inserts or daybills UK
« on: March 28, 2018, 04:28:40 AM »
Hi all,

I have been reading through the posts on this section but wanted to clarify how people store their inserts or daybills.

This is the size that I am going to collect the most of and want to store them flat in an archival box as discussed on this forum. But what sort of sleeve is available in the UK (without breaking the bank) for this sort of size?

Had a look through a few sites and the costs is horrendous for an A0 Polyester sheet. Is there a cheaper alternative?

Thanks
Andy

Offline JJCLARKE1

• Beginner
Re: Storage for inserts or daybills UK
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 12:27:29 PM »
hi Andy i see your post has been read nearly 400 times lol and no answer! I'm collecting 27"x40" and 30"x40" star wars posters, I have just managed to purchase an A0 portfolio case to store them in. I'm also in the UK also I'm looking for A0 acid free mounts to put in the sleeves in the portfolio to store my film posters in, the only mounts I can see are on eBay 10 sheets for £90 (A0 size) im also looking online seeing that you posted your question back in march any luck? regards john

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 10:40:52 PM »
Andy, I know I've seen large book like binders that daybills and Italian locadinas fit into nicely but I have no idea where you could purchase one. Possibly at a art supply store?

I know of one collector who stores his inserts in custom sleeves he makes himself. He takes a piece of foamcore, NOT brown corrugated cardboard, and cuts it down to a larger than insert or daybill size. He tapes a large piece of plastic or polyester to the back around 3 sides. In this way the plastic is secure, it's top mount, and you can store as many as 5 to 8 inserts in one sleeve, depending on how large the foamcore is cut. Foamcore used in this way is absolutely safe, it's harder to bend than corrugated, and the inserts or daybills are fully protected. Brown corrugated cardboard contains acids that will soak into the posters and in time will brown the surface of anything coming into contact with it.

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 08:59:35 AM »
Have you tried Preservation Equipment Ltd in the UK? Polyester pockets (with one open end) are the way to go in my opinion. If they don't have the exact size you want they will do bespoke for not much more. You can then place these in any box, even cardboard. I really don't think you need backing boards as they just take up storage space.

Mark