Author Topic: September 2010  (Read 11766 times)

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
September 2010
« on: September 30, 2010, 08:44:01 PM »
I saw Neil Young last week and it was definitely the best concert I have ever been to.  He is truly a legend.  

This bus shelter arrived yesterday.  Does anybody know who the two guys on the upper portion of the poster are?

« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 07:20:08 AM by brude »

tstatum

Re: September 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 08:50:14 PM »
I could be wrong but I believe is is young, Neil young and Young Neil Young.

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 09:42:52 PM »
I could be wrong but I believe is is young, Neil young and Young Neil Young.

That was what I thought when I first saw the poster, with the similar hair cut, guitar, and harmonica.  However, I have never seen any pictures or videos of him wearing glasses, a hat, or a tie like in the image on the upper right, and the face on the lower middle (that is obviously Neil) is slightly different than the other two, especially the one on the upper right.  According to this website, in 1989 he toured with two bands, The Restless and The Lost Dogs.  I have not seen any pictures of band members that resembled these images, so maybe you are correct.

tstatum

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 09:49:16 PM »
After a quick Google image search I'm fairly confident it's Neil Young

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 11:01:11 PM »
That's a great poster!
Yeah, it's other incarnations of that crazy Neil Young...recognized the hat right away..
I have seen him in concert many times...and he's always different....once at Jones Beach, Long Island, I saw him play solo for two hours with nothing but an acoustic and his harmonica.  It was amazing how much music the man made...he beat on the hollow of the guitar as a drum...stompin' his feet and wailing away...absolutely amazing guy...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 11:03:31 PM »
I didn't just acquire this, but I did just dig it out after years in mothballs...saw the tour...pretty fine...

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 12:22:17 AM »
Right on, Brude and Mr. Tatum.  Thanks for your input.  That picture provides good evidence that the image in the upper right is of him.

I have seen him in concert many times...and he's always different....once at Jones Beach, Long Island, I saw him play solo for two hours with nothing but an acoustic and his harmonica.  It was amazing how much music the man made...he beat on the hollow of the guitar as a drum...stompin' his feet and wailing away...absolutely amazing guy...

That's cool, Brude.  The guy I bought the poster from said he has been to 40 Neil Young shows.  After seeing him last week, I can see why someone would want to see that many shows featuring him.  It was one of the best experiences of my life.

The "Schlitz Rocks America" - The Who 1982 Tour bus shelter poster is classic .  It definitely has that '80's vibe.