Author Topic: My NEW! Thai poster collection....  (Read 40193 times)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
Re: My NEW! Thai poster collection....
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2017, 02:14:59 AM »
Thanks, John.

I was more curious about the construction materials of the frame: the backing boards, and hoping it isnt regular cardboard and (I forgot to ask) if the plexi was the UV protective type?

The frames I have like the one with First Blood in have the UV protection I think, these other ones I think are just standard plexi glass, but, as I said I feel they should be fine where I have them displayed, I'll obviously always be keeping an eye on them anyway.

If I splashed out to much cash on frames I would not be able to afford anything to go in them ;D

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2017, 02:45:41 AM »
I've decided to keep the majority of my Thai posters in an A1 binder, the posters are in "Acid Free" protective sleeves and IMO really look the part, to any of you that collect Thai posters or other posters of similar size I'd say this is a great way to keep your collection safe and easy to look at/through whenever you like ;)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2017, 09:09:02 AM »
Picked up a few more Thai posters, really pleased with these ones, so hope you all like them :)

A Nightmare on Elm Street 5 (This one is really interesting as I believe this particular artwork was pulled/banned in many countries, the bit that is different on most posters for this film is the "baby" which is replaced with a "pram" on most versions, so I'm pleased to have picked this one up)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2017, 09:12:30 AM »
This here is the very first Bond poster I've bought and easily one of my favourite Thai posters I've bought to date, this is of course Octopussy and the artwork was done by the Thai artist Kwow.

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2017, 09:14:52 AM »
Finally, here we have the excellent (IMO) Thai poster for Total Recall, another one I really like, artist on this one was Tongdee Panumas.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2017, 03:10:11 PM »
I've decided to keep the majority of my Thai posters in an A1 binder, the posters are in "Acid Free" protective sleeves and IMO really look the part, to any of you that collect Thai posters or other posters of similar size I'd say this is a great way to keep your collection safe and easy to look at/through whenever you like ;)

John, these binders looks to be quite the ticket.  thumbsup.gif

And they are the perfect size, too. Who makes them (brand or company)?

-Jeff

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2017, 03:10:50 PM »
I'm certainly no expert on Thai posters, but, I'm trying real hard to learn about them all the time, this one here is as far as I can tell probably the rarest one I own right now, I could be wrong about that, but, just from the little I know about Thai posters this one seems far more scarce than most, anyway whether it's rare or not the most important thing is it's another truly cracking poster, I'll let you all work out the film for yourself ;)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2017, 03:17:47 PM »
John, these binders looks to be quite the ticket.  thumbsup.gif

And they are the perfect size, too. Who makes them (brand or company)?

Hey! Jeff, yes, I'm delighted with this binder it was just the type of thing I was after, it's made by "Royal & Langnickel" I got it from Amazon, here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Royal-Langnickel-RBIND-90-Presentation-Binder/dp/B0018PW69E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493838904&sr=8-1&keywords=a1+binder+royal

it's certainly done the job for me :)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2017, 03:19:02 PM »
Thanks for the info, John!

-Jeff

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2017, 03:20:34 PM »
Thanks for the info, John!

Anytime, Jeff thumbsup.gif

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2017, 11:12:55 AM »
Three new Thai posters that arrived today! ;D

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2017, 01:14:16 PM »
Awesome trio, there, John. Heavy hitters all! clap clap

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2017, 01:16:05 PM »
First time checking this thread.  Some nice stuff there, particularly First Blood, Octopussy and Flash Gordon (vertical).  Are Thai posters your main area of collecting?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2017, 04:42:37 PM »
First time checking this thread.  Some nice stuff there, particularly First Blood, Octopussy and Flash Gordon (vertical).  Are Thai posters your main area of collecting?

T

Hey! eatbrie,

My main area of collecting was UK quads up until a couple of months ago, but, since then I have turned my attention fully on to Thai posters as I really love the unique artwork many of these Thai posters tend to have, I really like the effort that the Thai artists put into their work and I like the way they often recreate many famous scenes from the film in the artwork.

Funny the three posters you picked out that you especially like as I currently have both First Blood and Octopussy framed and up on my wall, and I also prefer the vertical Flash Gordon poster, but, still happy to own both versions.

The First Blood poster is extra nice/special as it's unusual to get a Thai poster of this larger size, while the Octopussy Thai poster is IMO easily the best poster I've seen for the film, the artwork is great! :)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2017, 04:49:04 PM »
Awesome trio, there, John. Heavy hitters all! clap clap

Thanks! Jeff, you already know all about the "Silence of the Lambs" poster as you own it yourself so you know it's a really nice looking poster this one, but, yes I'm really pleased with this latest trio of Thai posters I've added to my collection.

All three posters were pretty high on my Thai poster wish list, so really happy I've been able to pick them all up, all three were no brainer purchases for me, Halloween because I'm a fan of John Carpenter films, Evil Dead as I love all three of the Evil Dead films and finally Silence of the Lambs as it's a classic film and just a great poster. thumbsup.gif

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2017, 04:49:38 PM »
Hey! eatbrie,

My main area of collecting was UK quads up until a couple of months ago, but, since then I have turned my attention fully on to Thai posters as I really love the unique artwork many of these Thai posters tend to have, I really like the effort that the Thai artists put into their work and I like the way they often recreate many famous scenes from the film in the artwork.

Funny the three posters you picked out that you especially like as I currently have both First Blood and Octopussy framed and up on my wall, and I also prefer the vertical Flash Gordon poster, but, still happy to own both versions.

The First Blood poster is extra nice/special as it's unusual to get a Thai poster of this larger size, while the Octopussy Thai poster is IMO easily the best poster I've seen for the film, the artwork is great! :)

John, what are the dimensions of the large First Blood poster?

-Jeff

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2017, 04:59:33 PM »
John, what are the dimensions of the large First Blood poster?

This is what's on Eddie's "FilmOnPaper" website about the exact size of this poster, (so thanks! to Eddie for the info thumbsup.gif)

Size (inches) 27.5" x 39 15/16"

Here: https://www.filmonpaper.com/posters/first-blood-large-thailand/

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2017, 05:04:30 PM »
Thanks, John and Ed.

-Jeff

guest4531

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2017, 03:28:35 AM »
If you like Thai poster, this is the FB page to follow for authentic Thai posters.  They are active and post almost everyday
https://www.facebook.com/ThaiMoviePosters/?ref=br_rs

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2017, 12:37:37 PM »
If you like Thai poster, this is the FB page to follow for authentic Thai posters.  They are active and post almost everyday
https://www.facebook.com/ThaiMoviePosters/?ref=br_rs

Thanks! for the info Boss, much appreciated thumbsup.gif

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2017, 02:31:57 PM »

These are the ones that I need to acquire.  The others I already own or I'm not particularly interested in.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2017, 03:29:22 AM »
These are the ones that I need to acquire.  The others I already own or I'm not particularly interested in.

T

I see, well, I hope  you find them all soon! T and can add them to your collection, out of those three I'd say the Flash Gordon (vertical) would probably be the easiest one to find, while First Blood and probably more so Octopussy may be a little harder to find if I were to "guess" :)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2017, 01:27:20 PM »
Got these two posters today I like the artwork very much on both of these, here we have Game of Death with Bruce Lee and Police Story 2 with Jackie Chan.

The Game of Death poster is actually part of a Thai 2 sheet poster, for some reason it seems a normal thing in Thailand to separate these 2 sheet type posters and you often find you can only get hold of either the left or right part of the poster, I have here the right side/part of the poster which I feel is arguably the better part to own (and it seems the more common part to find, even though both parts seem rare) as it also has the film title on this part, either way I love the artwork that is featured here as a big Bruce Lee fan. Anyway I hope you all like both posters, so thanks! for looking thumbsup.gif

Just to add for those of you interested, I've always thought of "Way of the Dragon" as my favourite Bruce Lee film, but, have always felt that if he had lived long enough to complete Game of Death then there's every chance that Game of Death would have been his best film, the fight footage that Bruce Lee did finish for Game of Death has always been some of my favourite to watch hence why I'm so pleased to have any poster with artwork from these fights :)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2017, 01:31:10 PM »
John, will you be looking for the other half so you can have the complete poster at some point?

-Jeff

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2017, 01:43:51 PM »
John, will you be looking for the other half so you can have the complete poster at some point?

Of course Jeff, no worries on that one, but, I have been informed it's very hard to find, so will need a lot of luck for sure, I've only found 1 single picture on the internet of the full poster which pretty much tells you it's rarely seen, I will attach so you can see, but the picture is very small so not the best quality to look at.