Author Topic: Thai Movie Posters  (Read 49476 times)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Thai Movie Posters
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2021, 02:53:24 PM »
Nice going, Antoine! I don't recall seeing Manhatten Baby, Scream and Scream, or the Jinda glowing head carrying girl ones before. Cool Beastmaster, too! Okie

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2021, 08:32:36 PM »
Godzilla vs The Thing (Mothra) Thai style.  I think I actually saw this exact same poster in Thailand once, though ended up buying it at Bruce's auction in 2018.  I wanted to buy it in Thailand those many years ago, though I recall the price seemed high to me back then.  I saw there's also a nice looking version of this poster on eBay right now. Thai year 2507 - 543 = 1964  Best. Okie

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2021, 09:44:45 PM »
Thanks Okie!  The one you describe as "the Jinda glowing head carrying girl" is for the movie Incubus, a trashy little Canadian supernatural thriller from 1982 with the great John Cassavetes as the lead.  The main design is actually based on the original Canadian poster.  Manhattan Baby is a rather mediocre Italian flick made that same year by the maestro Lucio Fulci, and Scream and Scream Again is an odd but entertaining early 1970s sci-fi/horror hybrid which combined the talents of the era's reigning horror stars: Vincent Price, Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee.   

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2021, 04:16:45 AM »
Thai posters are so garishly fun!  Here are some recent acquisitions:

Hey Antoine,

Some fantastic Thai posters shown here faint2.gif

Always liked the Elm Street & Flash Gordon in particular, if you don't already have it then I'd highly recommend picking up the portrait version of Flash Gordon as well (also by Tongdee) a lot of people seem to prefer the portrait version, I think both versions are great!

Congrats on the pick ups notworthy.gif

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2022, 12:08:26 PM »
Happy Halloween everybody! It's been a while. Here's a cool Thai poster painted by Kwow for FRIGHT NIGHT!