Author Topic: I need some advice on photographing posters  (Read 4194 times)

guest4754

I need some advice on photographing posters
« on: December 25, 2015, 04:46:38 PM »
So I want to re-photograph my collection because most of the photographs I have of them are pretty bad. I did some searching on here for anything related to this topic but I didn't find much besides a few setups people have. While it was cool and helpful to see these setups, there wasn't much detail on how to really get good photographs.

I'd like a good but cheap setup. I'm not looking for perfect photographs, just better than what I get now. My main concern is lighting, as in my experience lighting can really make all the difference. I also want some tips on how to properly photograph posters laying on the floor. Shooting them vertically on the wall would be ideal but I haven't seen a good way to do it without having a sheet of metal bolted to your wall and using magnets. Advice on camera settings would be great to have as well, I've got very limited photography experience to be honest.

Anyway I would love some advice on this, thanks!

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
Re: I need some advice on photographing posters
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 09:01:35 PM »
I shared quite a bit of advice in a thread Pual Waines started... Maybe give it a search and if you can't find it ill track it down in a day or two as the holidays let up. I'll also be detailing my exact setup on my blog after I launch my site. I know no one believes me at this point, but stay tuned! :)

guest4754

Re: I need some advice on photographing posters
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 09:20:54 PM »
Tracked it down, alot of good info there. Thanks Matt! Definitely looking forward to your site, as you know ;). Hope you're enjoying the holidays.