Author Topic: Bruce, Mel, Mondo, CSM, Marklawd  (Read 46236 times)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
Re: Bruce, Mel, Mondo, CSM, Marklawd
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2014, 07:05:59 PM »

So to answer your question, no, Mel is not welcome here anymore.  How that's for integrity?

T

I have never questioned it.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2014, 08:12:42 PM »
Really a shame. I go to these places for relaxation and entertainment. I have no desire to present my passport at each armed camp in order to read posts about how all the other forums are full of bitchy little girls. At this point I see all the forums as dead or dying.
-Jay-

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2014, 09:26:37 PM »
Really a shame. I go to these places for relaxation and entertainment. I have no desire to present my passport at each armed camp in order to read posts about how all the other forums are full of bitchy little girls. At this point I see all the forums as dead or dying.

I don't think this is fair.  In any environment such as this, there will be a statistical few who tend to put things out of order.  Similarly, there are a statistical few who see things as you do -- that it spells doom for the whole.  However, the majority of us know that these things are simply ripples through the overall community, and that we recover just fine from them.  The only distasteful part of this, frankly, is that Mel saw fit to remove all of his posted pictures which was nothing more or less than a childishly spiteful move -- taking his ball and leaving the playground as someone else observed. 

This is not an armed camp, and we don't require passports.  And, I don't think this forum is full of bitchy little girls. Actually, I think this forum is chock full of useful information from new to advanced collectors alike.  We are not here to help you relax.  We are not here to entertain you. We are here to discuss our mutual collecting interests as they relate to the movies and its ephemera. 

As we say from time to time, all are free to come and go as they please. If the place does not suit you, then move along as Mel has, but do so with grace rather than the retribution Mel has engaged in.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2014, 10:24:40 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments here, Holiday. The same goes with T's comment.

clap

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2014, 10:37:13 PM »
I would agree with Jay that it's quite amazing how much in-fighting there can be amongst people with a common passion.  After all, this is all we are.  We are collectors and dealers.  And yet we still manage to create pathetic little wars.  I guess it makes us human.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2014, 10:49:01 PM »
Although in this case I'm not sure what the fight is exactly. Just the mid auction stuff ?
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2014, 10:49:15 PM »
Disagreements are fine and are what makes us all individuals; we all have our opinions and can (and should) be able to share them without fear or worry of repercussion from others, especially in the same hobby setting. Debate and discussion are always good and healthy things.

But seemingly acting vindictive, out of spite, however, is a whole other matter, altogether.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 02:55:30 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2014, 11:04:26 PM »
Although in this case I'm not sure what the fight is exactly. Just the mid auction stuff ?
'

I still have no idea why mel douche bagged like that.

Maybe cause he is a fucking douchebag?

All I got.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2014, 11:52:18 PM »
Hey at least with Mel pulling all "his" pics those old arguments about the ethics of removing watermarks from photos are now moot!
Chris

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2014, 11:57:16 PM »
Hey at least with Mel pulling all "his" pics those old arguments about the ethics of removing watermarks from photos are now moot!

Bright side?

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2014, 01:58:45 AM »

these things are simply ripples through the overall community, and that we recover just fine from them.

I agree.  

Mel saw fit to remove all of his posted pictures which was nothing more or less than a childishly spiteful move

Do you know that is the reason Mel removed the images he shared here?  One possible reason is that he was harassed about not citing image sources, and other issues with sharing images, and he may have just wanted to move on from this place, without the baggage of possibly dealing with people continuing to challenge him about his practices with sharing images, and it was just easier for him to delete everything and move on.  I haven't spoken with him about it, but one could speculate a myriad of reasons why he removed the images.  Not having the images in the threads does mess up some of the content, but he did contribute a lot of cool, interesting, and informative content here over the years, much more than most people, and the scathing remarks are uncalled for, IMO.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 03:38:14 AM by NeoLoco »

Mirosae

« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2014, 07:45:16 AM »
Well put Brandon.

A plea if I may. Could we lock this thread and move on please? 

H&T have taken a view and made a decision about Mel on any future prospect of re-joining the forum. So some of the ongoing commentary about Mel is inappropriate now that he has left. He is no longer here to present his case. And only Mel knows why he did what he did. For all that we know, he could have had a genuine good motive to do so.

And let me be clear. Holiday is absolutely right in pointing that the manner of his departure was not very gracious to say the least. Clearly his act disrupted the forum. No question about that. But we should have the confidence to being able to fill in those gaps with in-depth knowledge and shared appreciation for this hobby. There's plenty of that left in here!

There are lots of new members that deserve our attention and plenty of poster talk that merits our time and dedication in this fab forum. So let’s crack on with that.. Shall we?

Rosa

Ps - And thank you H&T for having me in here. You should know how much I have learnt since I joined – though not all necessarily about posters!

(click)

:)

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2014, 08:00:28 AM »
I think you all miss my point.  What once was one is now split into three or four.  Many of the most prolific posters are gone from here.  I simply don't see how this has become a better place because of it.
-Jay-

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2014, 03:32:22 PM »
H&T have taken a view and made a decision about Mel on any future prospect of re-joining the forum. So some of the ongoing commentary about Mel is inappropriate now that he has left. He is no longer here to present his case. And only Mel knows why he did what he did. For all that we know, he could have had a genuine good motive to do so.

It sure didn't stop Mel from engaging in this activity on MPF when people could no longer respond (and not of their own volition).  In this case, Mel chose to leave, so what does it matter that he can no longer present his case? It's his own darn fault.

I disagree that 'only Mel knows why'.  If he had just removed personal images from his 'Zany' thread and the like then that would be one thing, but he removed all his images in a pouting fit to be disruptive, make a scene, and try to prove some 'point'.

Hopefully, he'll put together that Expresso Beans for Movie Posters that this hobby desperately needs, but that still doesn't change the fact that doing what he did does not help the noobs who come through APF.

I think you all miss my point.  What once was one is now split into three or four.  Many of the most prolific posters are gone from here.  I simply don't see how this has become a better place because of it.

I agree.  This hobby needs a hub not more spokes...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2014, 05:22:25 PM »
It sure didn't stop Mel from engaging in this activity on MPF when people could no longer respond (and not of their own volition).  In this case, Mel chose to leave, so what does it matter that he can no longer present his case? It's his own darn fault.

I disagree that 'only Mel knows why'.  If he had just removed personal images from his 'Zany' thread and the like then that would be one thing, but he removed all his images in a pouting fit to be disruptive, make a scene, and try to prove some 'point'.

i agree with Archie, Rosa. Plus, locking threads is not something we like and want to do.  I started a poll about the mid-auction thread because I know it was annoying a lot of members and I wanted to have some sort of discussion about it.  The results are not pointing in any direction, so we'll probably leave the thread open for the time being. 

Now, as far as Mel is concerned, I see no reasons for him to defend himself.  Actions speak louder than words and I don't believe for a moment that he removed his pictures for any other reasons than pure kindergarten spite.  Which is fine.  It is his prerogative.  He doesn't owe us anything.  I think it hurts newbies more than anyone else, but we'll rebuild and move on.  On a personal note, I can tell you I'll be very happy not to see his apartment anymore.  It kind of freaked me out a little.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2014, 05:32:22 PM »
I can tell you I'll be very happy not to see his apartment anymore.  It kind of freaked me out a little.

so does that mean I shouldn't post pictures of mine?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2014, 05:36:32 PM »
I like the spike effect.  ;D

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2014, 05:36:54 PM »
Thanks for reading my post and thank you for responding T and Archie.  I really appreciate you taking the time to look into this. I understand. No further comments from me about this.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2014, 05:38:35 PM »
so does that mean I shouldn't post pictures of mine?

I like it better.  Blood doesn't scare me, people do.

T

What is that, btw?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 05:39:39 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2014, 05:45:58 PM »
I like the spike effect.  ;D

What is that, btw?

both comments get the same response.......

movie viewing room.............

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2014, 05:47:28 PM »
Although the images aren't there for future novices interested in learning about this stuff, there is still a lot of good content that he contributed here.  Considering the amount of positive stuff he's done, the issue about the deleted images is not a big deal, IMO.

Hopefully, he'll put together that Expresso Beans for Movie Posters that this hobby desperately needs

An EB site for originals would be cool, but I disagree that there is a "desperate need" for it.

On a personal note, I can tell you I'll be very happy not to see his apartment anymore.  It kind of freaked me out a little.

It's like an epic art gallery for original posters.  What freaks you out about it?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 06:51:38 PM by NeoLoco »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2014, 05:52:34 PM »
It's like an epic art gallery for original posters.  What freaks you out about it?

I removed my entire post.  I can't answer your question without being mean.  Sorry.

T
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 07:08:39 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2014, 06:59:19 PM »
I agree with you, Rosa.  I don't think it's right to say a bunch of nasty stuff about people who can't defend themselves, especially when the talk is purely speculative.

I just want to add this one thought. It will be brief and isn't speculation. Last Friday, when mel posted his final post, he also PM'd us and told us to de-activate his account that same day. If you all notice, up to now, his account has still been active. The reasoning not to do so immediately was twofold. First, that once mel had a little time to think it all over, he might decide to stay and continue with apf, after maybe a brief "time out."

And second - considering the "image removal" discussion going on here, mel has had the opportunity and ability to defend or explain this action, if he chose to. In these last 4 days, he could have quickly logged onto APF, and said his peace, with regard to the picture removal, since he didnt mention he was going to do this in last Friday's post (the pics were gone sometime on Saturday). And even if he has been here as a "guest," he could have read this thread and been aware of this ongoing discussion.

Instead, he has chosen not to respond, nor to end any speculation as to why he pulled the images. And that has been his choice. His action must then speak for itself.

As T said, doing this was his prerogative. But I wanted to say that no one nor any action from APF has barred him from defending his position. That silence & lack of any defense falls on him alone.

And know too, that his account will be closed since that was what he told us he wanted done, especially since it appears that he will not be returning. By explaining that here, no one can then say it was done to prohibit him from responding, in the future.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 08:02:46 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2014, 07:57:56 PM »
I just want to add this one thought. It will be brief and isn't speculation. Last Friday, when mel posted his final post, he also PM'd us and told us to de-activate his account that same day. If you all notice, up to now, his account has still been active. The reasoning not to do so immediately was twofold. First, that once mel had a little time to think it all over, he might decide to stay and continue with apf, after maybe a brief "time out."

And second - considering the "image removal" discussion going on here, mel has had the opportunity and ability to defend or explain this action, if he chose to. In these last 4 days, he could have quickly logged onto APF, and said his peace, with regard to the picture removal, since he didnt mention he was going to do this in last Friday's post (the pics were gone sometime on Saturday). And even if he has been here as a "guest," he still could have read this thread and been aware of it.

Instead, he has chosen not to respond, nor to end any speculation as to why he pulled the images. And that has been his choice. His action must then speak for itself.

As T said, doing this was his prerogative. But I wanted to say that no one nor any action from APF has barred him from defending his position. That silence & lack of any defense falls on him alone.

And know too, that his account will be closed since that was what he told us he wanted done, especially since it appears that he will not be returning. By explaining that here, no one can then say it was done to prohibit him from responding, in the future.

I deleted the comment that you were replying to before you replied, but thanks for the info., Jeff.

Although the facts you mentioned above are not speculative, the whole talk about Mel deleting those images out of spite, etc. appear to be purely speculative, as no one has actually provided any evidence that he deleted those images with any kind of bad intention.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 08:02:04 PM by NeoLoco »

Bruce

« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2014, 08:09:57 PM »

Although the facts you mentioned above are not speculative, the whole talk about Mel deleting those images out of spite, etc. appear to be purely speculative, as no one has actually provided any evidence that he deleted those images with any kind of bad intention.

I wonder if he could sue APF for slander.

jawdrop