Author Topic: Framing and Storage Together??  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
Framing and Storage Together??
« on: January 30, 2015, 12:25:05 AM »
After I received a shipment of posters today I started thinking it is time to start framing some stuff. Which got me thinking and in turn, leads me to my questions.

First off has anybody ever used the Microchamber paper offered by bags unlimited?

Secondly has anybody ever put more than one poster in a frame? For sort of a storage and display aspect. What I was thinking is for example I have 3 US 1 sheets from Resident Evil. One from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd movies. What if I was to display one, and separate the other 2 with the Microchamber paper?
Then I could take the frame down and rotate, while also keeping a few similar posters stored flat and protected? Then of course I could repeat the process for other titles.

I would of course have some dedicate frames for some more rare, desirable, or valuable titles. But my collection is pretty new, and consists of mostly newer stuff. Nothing older than 1984. This doesn't remove my desire to preserve what I have and will have. Just kicking around some ideas for future storage and display and I want to start off good conservation while my collection is young.

Anyhow, what are your thoughts?
This Space For Rent!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Chris

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
Re: Framing and Storage Together??
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 07:45:26 AM »
http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,8825.0.html
[/quote

Thank you CSM, I did look but was unable to find a related thread!]
This Space For Rent!

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 09:05:17 AM »
yeah the link Chris sent.  I have 4 SD frames which i love.  They always provide extra in-lays so yeah, you can "store" a couple of posters behind the one display.  Its actually almost necessary to have that added thickness to put pressure otherwise one sheet sizes and above will tend to sag a little.  The neat thing is no "taking down the frame" itself you just snap the sides open and rotate your selection.  I'm going to switch one today actually (will post pics)

They aren't cheap i think like $80 for a OS model, but they are well made and quick to deliver.

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 12:59:51 PM »
yeah the link Chris sent.  I have 4 SD frames which i love.  They always provide extra in-lays so yeah, you can "store" a couple of posters behind the one display.  Its actually almost necessary to have that added thickness to put pressure otherwise one sheet sizes and above will tend to sag a little.  The neat thing is no "taking down the frame" itself you just snap the sides open and rotate your selection.  I'm going switch one today actually (will post pics)

They aren't cheap i think like $80 for a OS model, but they are well made and quick to deliver.

See I am not considering storing 10 or 15 in one frame. Just a few. Seperated with the microchamber-paper. I checked out that link and scanned over it, will give it a good read after work. I guess this is my thing, not trying to argue BUT, WHY NOT?  I see guys using flat storage without acid free paper to seperate their collections. Like you said by stacking a few together it would seem as if the extra thickness would prevent sagging...... Maybe I am wrong....   Thanks for the info on the frame I will look into them!
This Space For Rent!