Author Topic: Is paypal always for the buyer  (Read 13251 times)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Re: Is paypal always for the buyer
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2014, 08:20:34 PM »
Keeping fingers crossed for you on this. Any new news?
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2014, 08:38:26 PM »
Given the amount of posters that I buy, I have used Paypal numerous times to force a seller to reimburse me for sub-par material.  I have ALWAYS won and I have probably done it more than 100 times.  So yes, the buyer ALWAYS wins.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Steven11788

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2014, 10:19:08 PM »
Eatbrie are you jokimgy or being serious. If you are apparently it is easy to scam people. So all your saying is you want to scam, it is that easy

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2014, 10:44:45 PM »
Eatbrie are you jokimgy or being serious. If you are apparently it is easy to scam people. So all your saying is you want to scam, it is that easy

It would seem to me Thierry has had situations that are far different than your own
Chris

Steven11788

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2014, 11:11:00 PM »
Last sentence scares shit out of Me, as Thierry has seem to have been around the block a few times

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2014, 11:31:21 PM »
True, my situation is a little different.  I get something that is not what I'm expecting and I return it to the seller with proof of shipping for full reimbursement.  Now, if I was a crook, I could potentially return an empty envelop and I would still get reimbursed.  A lot of times, the sellers doesn't want me to return the poster.s  They want me to keep them and shut up.  I don't and force the return on them.  I don't know what they tell Paypal, some of them don't return my emails, but in the end, I always win.

Your situation is a little different, so I'm not really sure.  You say you sent the poster, he says you didn't.  There is nothing to return.  But my experience is still that they side with the buyer.  There is no way to be fair, maybe you're lying, maybe he is.  How can you prove otherwise?  You can't.  The buyer can say that he spent the money and didn't get the goods.  So he's entitled to a reimbursement.  Is he lying?  Can you prove it?  You can't.

Is the buyer a member here?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2014, 11:33:21 PM »
Are we talking about the "missing" Halloween?
My Personal Collection

Steven11788

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2014, 11:40:38 PM »
Yes but at first it was Halloween, once it went to a claim he added a few more and demanded full price were as we agreed on much lower  lot price.at first I racked my brain and thought I sent it to you, but after the claim and him adding more, I know he is a scammer. All I have is tracking showing they arrived were he has nothing. Outside of tracking you are right, nothing. Not member on here as I am aware of. A memeber of me and Ari's FB group

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2014, 11:49:58 PM »
Yes but at first it was Halloween, once it went to a claim he added a few more and demanded full price were as we agreed on much lower  lot price.at first I racked my brain and thought I sent it to you, but after the claim and him adding more, I know he is a scammer. All I have is tracking showing they arrived were he has nothing. Outside of tracking you are right, nothing. Not member on here as I am aware of. A memeber of me and Ari's FB group

I've never heard of anything like this.  How many posters did you send him?  You could argue that the weight of the posters increases the amount you paid for shipping.  Meaning 5 posters are heavier than 3, which is proof that you sent him 5.  At the end of the day, though, you are responsible for providing the goods the buyer paid for.  You got the money, he got nothing (according to him), so you might have to eat this one.  Maybe Paypal will ask you to reimburse half the money.  I know it sucks, but what else can they do.  Now keep in mind that I do not sell, so I'm always in the buyer's corner.

And you sent me a reprint, so there is that  pcorn

T
My Personal Collection

Steven11788

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2014, 11:54:52 PM »
I'd be glad to swap back when, PayPal frees up my account, but after this I am done selling to new people. Sticking to friends

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2014, 11:56:50 PM »
I'd be glad to swap back when, PayPal frees up my account, but after this I am done selling to new people. Sticking to friends

I actually don't have the poster anymore.  I gave it to a friend of mine who doesn't care.  I actually don't know if it's a reprint or not, but since it looked iffy to me, I let it go.

T
My Personal Collection

Steven11788

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2014, 11:58:16 PM »
Sent him maybe 30, I've asked him on weight but no response and PayPal told me they do not except Facebook messages as proof. So no proof of anything on either side

Thank you on poster, but I stand on my word if you wanted money back, hope he enjoys it

Steven11788

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2014, 05:08:06 PM »
ok so my 3rd update since the 25th of November, same thing it always says, is still need more from buyer,  Can I call paypal and ask what is going on his end or is that privileged. is he being  an ass and just prolonging it, at the beginning even before I shipped he asked me why i was selling suck a massive amount of posters. I said mainly Christmas money, anyone got an ideal why they keep needing stuff from him and nothing from me

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2014, 05:27:27 PM »
Contacting PayPal will not help as they will not tell you anything about his side until the result is decided by them. More likely than not there was a single request that he did not comply with or can't and he is running out the clock. Otherwise he has responded but is not providing adequate proof or information to them that they need to rule on the matter. It is hard but you need to be patient I believe the time limit for responses is two weeks but have not been through this in a while.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2014, 05:27:54 PM »
PayPal told me they do not except Facebook messages as proof.

this would be correct and how any business should handle any situation

this is also why Paypal or ebay make it possible fo ryou to "chat" with the other side on their systems.
the other guy surely knows this and that's why he chose to message elsewhere.

I think you're getting a lesson on how to handle this down the road

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Steven11788

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2014, 05:31:56 PM »
why i typed the last post I was holding on with Paypal, after a 20 minuted transfer to transfer, a lady said only thing the are wating on is a response back or proof.  The claim runs out the 5th if he cannot show proof. I pray that  is correct. Thanks to those on this thread talking to me, as said this is totally new to me as a seller.  and yes Movieposterbid; i have learned my lesson the hard way

Steven11788

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2014, 10:39:52 AM »
SO keeps getting worse, the day it is suppose to be decided he sends, a document and it has halted everything, I am outing his ass, NOW, I dont care  his name is Salvador Arellano and apparently runs a shop called, Bersal's chops of Horrors.  along side him trying to screw me, he never replied to my emails and wanted to keep in FB,(as now I know paypal doesn't except them) he was made threats boasted he owns a shop over me and im just a guy,  I offered for him to send posters back for refund, he said no, I said take to paypal. He wanted to go outside of paypal and me give him more posters or money. When I took it to paypal, his claim read more posters were missing than just the ones discussed. So if your even in EL Paso, steer clear of this guy He likes to threat small claims in every sentence as well.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2014, 12:10:01 PM »
Steve...

this guy sounds like he has "run the system" before... and the fact he filed or sent something to them at the 11th hour screams volumes, too, imo.

good that you explained his attempted extortion, (as well as his ID) too, of his wanting MORE posters or cash, even after you offered him a full refund, if he sent your posters back. As well as the fact that when you did take it to paypal, he claimed yet even MORE posters were missing than he initially claimed!  moron1

He sounds like a total thieving scumbag, to me. Its the buyers like this, that turn so many people off to trusting dealing on the bay, where the vast majority are just there to sell and buy, and not pull sheister crap like this.

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2014, 03:55:11 PM »
SO keeps getting worse, the day it is suppose to be decided he sends, a document and it has halted everything, I am outing his ass, NOW, I dont care  his name is Salvador Arellano and apparently runs a shop called, Bersal's chops of Horrors.  along side him trying to screw me, he never replied to my emails and wanted to keep in FB,(as now I know paypal doesn't except them) he was made threats boasted he owns a shop over me and im just a guy,  I offered for him to send posters back for refund, he said no, I said take to paypal. He wanted to go outside of paypal and me give him more posters or money. When I took it to paypal, his claim read more posters were missing than just the ones discussed. So if your even in EL Paso, steer clear of this guy He likes to threat small claims in every sentence as well.

You've called Paypal, right?  In cases like this, it is always important to talk to someone.  I'd be pleasantly surprised if you won this case (speaking from personal experience) which is why you need to call and calmly explain what happened.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2014, 04:12:31 PM »
And here's a youtube clip i found of this character and his wife.

He starts to speak at 1:54 into the video.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Zds_ys7ycUg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Zds_ys7ycUg</a>
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 04:21:49 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Steven11788

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2014, 07:56:16 PM »
Yes that is his  FB and hi! I'm video. I have called several times and explained. I honestly think I am gonna loose. If I call PP anymore, it may look bad on  y part. The thing I am confused about is the amount he is asking, it first it was the original asking price of just missing posters. But my PayPal is frooze with all my money. I got eBay auctions and commission pieces I need to pay for that will GEF me in trouble if I don't pay, and get more claims on me :(

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2014, 08:09:04 PM »
you didn't tell us his ebay handle

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2014, 08:11:45 PM »
It was a direct sale, I believe.
My Personal Collection

Steven11788

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2014, 08:23:49 PM »
No eBay and don't even k ow if he does