Author Topic: Separate section for television posters  (Read 4635 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Separate section for television posters
« on: December 18, 2009, 01:56:49 PM »
I recommend a separate section for television posters.  Ebay differentiates them and has 5,000+ television posters for sale now.  Right now the "Lost" posters are awkwardly stuck in Graphics Arts section:

http://entertainment-memorabilia.shop.ebay.com/Posters-/60380/i.html
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 02:27:59 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Re: Separate section for television posters
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 01:59:15 PM »
Those could be said to belong in the Graphic Arts section, just like the Alamo Drafthouse posters.  They could belong in a TV posters section, but that would be more for network issued promotional posters than commissioned art work.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 02:27:19 PM »
You are correct that the Lost Arg posters is a commissioned series, however Ebay is selling them in the Television Memorabilia section - not in the poster arts section. See here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lost-ARG-Print-Walts-Kidnapping-by-Drew-Millward-abc_W0QQitemZ130350888505QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e5984b639

Having a separate TV posters section would also distinguish this forum from other forums - not sure if any other forum has a TV posters section.  

guest8

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 02:45:19 PM »
I say go for it !!! The more sections the better .. If you dont like it you can minimize those sections .. Having them doesnt hurt anyone .. But not having them may exclude some members :(

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 11:01:08 PM »
This is another of the threads being considered, especially with the fact that I have some material dear to me for Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica and a few others that really fits the TV section more than anything.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.