Author Topic: B2 Posters. What are they really worth?  (Read 6563 times)

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
Re: B2 Posters. What are they really worth?
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 08:54:25 PM »
What a B2 sold by Armin may look like...

The search is finally over.  I've been looking for one of these since BR Girl posted an image of her B1 on MPT back in, what, 2004, I think.

I couldn't care less that it's a B2 rather than a B1.  Other than in cases of unique artwork, there are very few B1's worth the additional price premiums being lavished upon them, particularly for very recent releases.

Archie, if you liked that movie you will probably enjoy my second film, "She's Crushed".

masterpizza2

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 11:35:12 PM »
Archie, if you liked that movie you will probably enjoy my second film, "She's Crushed".

Please tell me you got 2 of them? I have been looking everywhere for that poster. I have the Machine Girl rare cartoon style, Robogeisha, and Mutant Girl Squad Poster, and Tokyo Gore Police. The Audition poster and the Vampire Girl Vs Frankenstein Girl posters are the only ones I need. Any chance your interested in selling or trading? I would be glad to trade for a Robogeisha poster. I could possibly get it autographed if your interested. ^_^
Meeting the creators in a few weeks, along with Asami.

Offline Posteroid

• Collector
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 04:02:12 AM »
The Audition poster and the Vampire Girl Vs Frankenstein Girl posters are the only ones I need

masterpizza2,

I have one more AUDITION poster on my website, klick here
Let me know if you want it. I was able to find three of them from a contact last time I visited Japan in spring. Those were the first ones I had seen and I have been collecting Japanese posters, and particularly Miike titles, for many years. So one went to my own collection, one is sold and the final one is still there.

Armin

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2010, 08:38:50 PM »

It's possible.  I am not a horror/gore/etc fan, but I am a fan of good movies.  Sometimes those two thing overlap.  Audition and Santa Sangre top a rather short list.

Glad Mr. Pizza got hooked up.  I was sure that when I posted the image, Armin would be getting some business real quick.

Plus, the added benefit of buying from Armin is that you get a half-dozen quality film recommendations.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2014, 03:29:36 AM »
Rich, I don't know what you are basing that assumption on. As someone who has been collecting Japanese paper for a long time, I can tell you that they are just as over- or underpriced as US posters. Supply and demand set the value.
Also, the Japanese collectors market works quite differently from the US one. Some titles there are incredibly rare and hard to find. I have paid hundreds of $ for certain Japanese posters where the US one-sheet would only cost ten or twenty bucks.

Armin

I remember how this post affirmed my taste for B2s like nothing else!

Japanese paper rocks!

Video to follow!  ;D

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 03:35:34 AM by Zorba »