Author Topic: Bigger overlay/plexi source?  (Read 5259 times)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
Bigger overlay/plexi source?
« on: August 04, 2014, 10:06:23 PM »
Planning on purchasing another flip frame from Robert over at Spotlight, but he just reminded me that while the frame size isn't an issue, the overlay size is, and in this case cannot exceed > 50" wide.

I am trying to get something on the wall that can display both US three sheets and Italian 2ps.

Does anyone know where I can find a UV-filtered overlay that is roughly 57x84"?
Any other ideas on how to close the posters off from a three and a six year old with a bucket of crayons?

Would like to purchase the frame from Robert, along with two sheets of overlay for the back, since the seam won't be a big deal behind the piece. Just need the front protection.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
Re: Bigger overlay/plexi source?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 10:43:46 PM »
OP2 and OP3 plexi both come in 72" x 96" sheets.  That is what I used for my Fistful of Dollars 4F.  It's of course costly (IIRC $250-350-ish), but at that size you don't have many options. 

http://www.acrylite-shop.com/pdfs/acrylite®-uv-filtering-op2-(3111a).pdf

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 10:44:40 PM »
Just curious Matt - other than very carefully - how did you transport the overlay for the 4F?
Chris

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 10:53:27 PM »
ben, you might find a full sized sheet at
http://www.curbellplastics.com/locations/cincinnati.html

they may be too high a level (only manufacturer) but can probably recommend a local wholesaler or retailer who can help you and cut the sheet to your specs

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 10:59:04 PM »
I found a place about 45min from me that would order, cut and deliver it.  Then I ordered the frame unassembled via eBay and put it all together on my living room floor over the course of a day or two (glue drying etc...).  Whole thing came to less than $500... which is pretty amazing for something that size.  The only way to beat it is to use non-UV plexi (slightly less) or do a split PETG overlay (a lot less) like Sean did for his Some Like it Hot 6-banger. 

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 11:40:11 PM »
I found a place about 45min from me that would order, cut and deliver it.  Then I ordered the frame unassembled via eBay and put it all together on my living room floor over the course of a day or two (glue drying etc...).  Whole thing came to less than $500... which is pretty amazing for something that size.  The only way to beat it is to use non-UV plexi (slightly less) or do a split PETG overlay (a lot less) like Sean did for his Some Like it Hot 6-banger. 

Must have been in the pre-babies day  ;D
Chris

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 12:29:40 PM »
Thanks a bunch fellas...I will dig around in lieu of this info you have given me. Much appreciated.

BTW, does anyone have the link to Sean's sixer? Cannot seem to find it, and curious how the two overlays look with the seam.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 05:08:16 PM »
Must have been in the pre-babies day  ;D

Very true!