Author Topic: French Night of the living dead 2 sheet  (Read 1385 times)

guest4637

French Night of the living dead 2 sheet
« on: August 02, 2014, 11:01:17 AM »
Does anyone know the story on this poster? Was it sold for mass production in stores or was it tied to an event and some kind of release?

The paper quality is nice, heavy stock and feels like some other 2 sheets I have from Europe. I picked it up for under $30 w/free ship from France. I don't expect it to be original or some kind of rare thing but was curious about its origins.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
Re: French Night of the living dead 2 sheet, France
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 11:22:36 AM »
Does anyone know the story on this poster? Was it sold for mass production in stores or was it tied to an event and some kind of release?

The paper quality is nice, heavy stock and feels like some other 2 sheets I have from Europe. I picked it up for under $30 w/free ship from France. I don't expect it to be original or some kind of rare thing but was curious about its origins.

Looks good,according to IMDB it had a 1970 release in France,there was also a re-issue in 2006,could be from then.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: French Night of the living dead 2 sheet, France
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 11:41:00 AM »
2006 re-release of the 1968 version. 

This movie has had many re-releases, things were cut out along the way in an attempt to alter its rating and attract more patrons.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)