Author Topic: Pricing Trends?  (Read 42792 times)

Mirosae

Re: Pricing Trends?
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2015, 05:15:44 PM »
Need your address, then Ishtar is on its way.  >:D

Sent you a PM.

Can't wait!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2015, 05:29:22 PM »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2015, 11:51:25 PM »
Interesting topic here, I buy what I like. If I really liked the movie, and likewise the poster then when I find it I buy/bid it.
I have been focusing on my Resident Evil collection. Ironically as new as the movies are, they are proving to be difficult to find in a desirable condition. I will never sell them, so the value or future value in my case does not influence my decision to buy.

Now a question for you folks. Have you noticed a trend in value increasing when studios release new movies/sequels of films. For example, do you think the value will go up on Star Wars stuff when the new movie is released later this year? OR the demand for the original Avengers stuff when the sequel releases?
Or when they remake an old movie like Robocop, or Dread, or Total Recall?

Ah well goodnight
This Space For Rent!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2015, 12:31:03 AM »
Interesting topic here, I buy what I like. If I really liked the movie, and likewise the poster then when I find it I buy/bid it.
I have been focusing on my Resident Evil collection. Ironically as new as the movies are, they are proving to be difficult to find in a desirable condition. I will never sell them, so the value or future value in my case does not influence my decision to buy.

Did you get all the Japanese B1s?  They're the ones to collect, imo.  I only got 5 for Apocalypse and Extinction, never got the rest because if I remember correctly, they look liked US OS.  These 5 are different, though.  The two character B1s for Apocalypse are textured.  Quite cool in person.  The undisputed king of B1s himself, Holiday, tried to get them from me on multiple occasions, but I resisted.

T

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:32:11 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Post-aholic
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2015, 02:05:26 AM »
Now a question for you folks. Have you noticed a trend in value increasing when studios release new movies/sequels of films. For example, do you think the value will go up on Star Wars stuff when the new movie is released later this year? OR the demand for the original Avengers stuff when the sequel releases?

no.. such movement is 99% of the time a fallacy

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2015, 09:14:58 AM »
possibly the opposite as shitty sellers all list their stuff and its flooded (I don't know - just thinking out loud).
Like the dead people dealers (listing just after someones death).
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2015, 10:10:08 AM »
possibly the opposite as shitty sellers all list their stuff and its flooded (I don't know - just thinking out loud).

These are truths
Chris

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2015, 10:51:06 AM »

It depends, if there is a spike in something, it usually is temporary based on current hype and such.

There are cases where there is no upwards trend at all, of course, and there can be a new price floor/ceiling that can stay for several years but this occurrence is very rare.

My money on a higher going rate is on SW when the new film comes out as you mentioned, especially if the film is actually good.
SW stuff (a good portion) is slowly creeping up in general anyway.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Mirosae

« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2015, 11:10:08 AM »

:-\ :-X >:(

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2015, 11:04:31 PM »
Did you get all the Japanese B1s?  They're the ones to collect, imo.  I only got 5 for Apocalypse and Extinction, never got the rest because if I remember correctly, they look liked US OS.  These 5 are different, though.  The two character B1s for Apocalypse are textured.  Quite cool in person.  The undisputed king of B1s himself, Holiday, tried to get them from me on multiple occasions, but I resisted.

T

I really like these 2. You showed me those once before, and I was jealous then too! I actually favor Apocalypse over the rest of the RE movies. I haven't found the B1s anywhere for sale. We'll I found one, the condition was poor and he wanted more to ship it than the poster was worth IMHO. For that matter I only have US One Sheets, with the exception of 2 bus shelters. One from Apocalypse and one from Extinction. The dealer claimed to have sold the original RE shelter poster about 6 months before I found him. He said it was the Jovovich/Rodriguez. So if you stumble upon these B1s, or wanna point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!
This Space For Rent!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2015, 12:10:12 AM »
Apocalypse is BY FAR the best of the 5, if only for that cute brunette from the poster ;)  The fighting sequences are great.

As far as finding these posters, I'm afraid I can't help you.  Bruce sold 2 B2s of Jovovich in 2012, and that's the only time I've seen them.  The two above are amongst my favorite B1s, if only for the texture of the posters.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2015, 03:54:02 AM »
Apocalypse is BY FAR the best of the 5

There are five of them now? I have clearly lost touch...

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2015, 05:09:41 AM »
There are five of them now? I have clearly lost touch...

Same script, filmed five ways.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2015, 08:55:13 AM »
Paying top Dollar is fine if you have deep pockets like Rich and Sean, but us poor collectors, do have to watch the Pennies...
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline iojabba

• Hobbyist
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2015, 12:14:19 PM »
I have never sold a poster either, but I recently purchased a large box of about 200 folded 80's and 90's OS with a lot of duplicates. So, we will see. I would rather use the extras for trades.
- Eric

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2015, 01:51:31 PM »
Where is that picture of my office throwing up posters when you need it.  I don't remember which thread it was in.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2015, 02:11:05 PM »
Where is that picture of my office throwing up posters when you need it.  I don't remember which thread it was in.

T

Here ya go

Alright, well, what I had first envisioned to be a fun experience really turned out to be a nightmare.  Mainly because trashing posters is not fun to any collector.  I will not recoup my $200, and in retrospect, I should have sent it to the Red Cross.  Another problem is that I am extremely anal and expect modern posters (post 1990) to be in extra mint condition.  I mean, not a flaw.  Well, 99% of these posters did not pass the test.  Plus, I already owned a lot of these titles, and the rest of them were lame, lame movies (Ice Cube, anyone?)  So out the door they go.

This is the outside of my garage, an hour ago.  Did I mention it's about to rain?

Oh well, live and learn, right?  Someone, somewhere, is laughing at me...

T

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:13:12 PM by jedgerley »

Mirosae

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2015, 02:35:35 PM »
That is hard to look at...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2015, 02:40:03 PM »
What a shot, there, T.

Looks like some nice kindling or wrapping paper was there...  ;D

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2015, 02:43:23 PM »
Uhm... it sort of looks more like  T ...paper...and by T I don't mean Thierry!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2015, 02:53:57 PM »
I knew someone who find them :)  Memories!!!

I love those pictures.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2015, 02:56:21 PM »
Notice how ALL the Bieber posters were saved from this fate?

What does it all mean?!
Chris

• Post-aholic
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2015, 05:37:30 PM »
Paying top Dollar is fine if you have deep pockets like Rich and Sean, but us poor collectors, do have to watch the Pennies...

there is nothing wrong with collecting high or low..

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2015, 05:38:42 PM »
who can sight the $500 poster in T's trash pile....

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2015, 05:40:23 PM »
I should have taken a picture of me longing on top of the pile smoking a cigar.  That would have been a good one.

T
My Personal Collection