Author Topic: The Poster Auction Poll: Attention Rich Halegua  (Read 10067 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: The Poster Auction Poll: Attention Rich Halegua
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2010, 08:05:47 PM »
We need to get the old spelling police from Mopo over here.

Kirby is one of the "old" people you referred to .. this group won't do much for him..
 uhno

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2010, 08:12:36 PM »
i didn't mean old as in age, but old as in the old spelling police issue that I was only able to read about because it was before my time on Mopo.

Damned if there's only a handful of Mopo'ers on this forum.  I can only wonder if it's because they handle their infighting better over there than we do over here.  But, I think Scott like the rest of the admins gets his fair share of bellyaching from individuals who can't stand that another person has a contrary opinion or belief.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2010, 08:18:53 PM »
i didn't mean old as in age, but old as in the old spelling police issue that I was only able to read about because it was before my time on Mopo.

Damned if there's only a handful of Mopo'ers on this forum.  I can only wonder if it's because they handle their infighting better over there than we do over here.  But, I think Scott like the rest of the admins gets his fair share of bellyaching from individuals who can't stand that another person has a contrary opinion or belief.

I spoke to Scott last week in Columbus and his opinion is that as long as it isn't wild and whooley with language, like when Al Shevy stopped by for a short visitation last month, that he doesn't care what we talk about and people who complain about politics of anything else miss the mark - they don't have to read it. Beyond language, he doesn't plan on doing anything

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2010, 08:21:06 PM »
That was a real fun read when Al showed up.  I don't think I've ever seen people devolve so quickly.  It was pretty funny.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2010, 08:31:34 PM »
Keeping true to my Chicago roots, I voted multiple times 

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2010, 08:47:53 PM »
 sm1
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2010, 09:13:14 PM »

laugh1                Nice..........

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2010, 09:58:12 PM »
Maybe I missed the post where someone suggested the threads are deleted when a wanker posts an active auction? I don't believe the people on the correct side of this argument ever suggested that, we have state 5 thousand times to hold your tongue until an auction is over.

I really do not understand where all this censorship non-sense is coming from.  AND if we want to soap box, there is no such thing as free speech anyway; every print medium in the country has an editor who decides what makes it into print.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2010, 10:36:36 PM »
we don't need no stinking editors

-------

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2010, 12:58:13 AM »

Awesome! Gotta keep the nickname "The Windy City" prevalent!

Carson

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2010, 09:39:23 AM »
And for fuck's sake, you misspelled "wiating".

It's a typo, not a misspell, you dim knob. When you get a break from pointing out typos, Dilbert, you might wanna go check out Wonka's thread and post a thanks for the contribution as it's far more interesting than two misplaced letters.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2010, 10:52:40 AM »
Carson, I don't know what's crawled up your ass recently, but I can't justify your attitude in relation to the lack of seriousness of something posted on a poster forum.  You make "jokes" by distorting Rich's name, yet you can't handle a "joke" in response to a typo, or misspell or whatever you want to call it.  Dude, ease up, lighten up, and take a breath.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2010, 11:04:18 AM »
Maybe I missed the post where someone suggested the threads are deleted when a wanker posts an active auction? I don't believe the people on the correct side of this argument ever suggested that, we have state 5 thousand times to hold your tongue until an auction is over.

I really do not understand where all this censorship non-sense is coming from.  AND if we want to soap box, there is no such thing as free speech anyway; every print medium in the country has an editor who decides what makes it into print.

Hi Dale,

There's just no way to deal with this issue such that someone isn't put off.  If we make a rule for discussion, those against it will be miffed. If we make a rule against discussion, those for it will be miffed. Then, if someone breaks the "rule" we're relegated to being the "auction discussion" police looking for posts and deleting them. And if we don't get to the posts quickly enough, someone gets pissed that we weren't "on the ball".

The bottom line with this issue is this:  I don't care what you call it or how you justify it, there will be no rule against discussion of auctions.  Period.  I personally regret that the membership of this board has gotten to the point of name-calling over such a thing, but I guess that's human nature.  I suggest that everyone act with some basic common sense and courtesy, as at least one other person has suggested. 

Finally, why doesn't the membership police itself?  In other words, if someone posts something that other members think is uncalled for regarding a current auction, call the person out if you think it's warranted.  Chide the person if it's warranted.  At some point, an equilibrium will be reached, and all will be well for the moment.

One final thought.  Given all this bad blood about this issue, just how many times has someone infringe the "rule" that some want enacted?  It's not like every 5 minutes someone is outing an auction.  This reminds me of the situation in commercial litigation where an attorney sends out a request to produce documents, and the other attorney objects to the request for 15 different reasons.  Both sides fight, go to court, have a hearing, only to have the judge ask "how many documents are we talking about" and the attorney response "I don't know, I haven't looked"  The attorney just objects for the sake of doing so, regardless of whether there is a practical need for the objection.

Please consider whether the frequency of auction outing is worth all the bullshit you have gone through, all the animosity this issue has cause, the exodus of one member (Ben) already, and the growing tension between people like me and Carson who, before this bullshit, have been friends and mutually respecting of one another as fellow collectors.

Really, is it worth it?
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery