Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2212725 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #6550 on: March 04, 2015, 08:14:07 PM »
T is old school like that.  Reading on the shitter - is there a better way to pass the... time? 

Are you REALLY sure you want that answer, Vick?

Doh.gif

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #6551 on: March 04, 2015, 11:02:41 PM »
"How do they top this"....

Agree Rich. So have a pick...which poster will be the next biggie. . A never seen Metropolis?

who knows Rosa.. it doesn't have to be a horror/sf item
what if an original broadside was found for the Great Rain Robbery, or a poster for the flickie "the Kiss" from 1897?
an original one sheet for Cavalcade would create some excitement in certain corners
if an original German poster for Nosferatu came up would be a real coup

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Filmlobbycards

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6552 on: March 04, 2015, 11:11:00 PM »
Heritage without questions uncovers the greatest material the market has seen over the last 13 years since they started selling posters. It makes you wonder "what's next?" and "how do they top this?"

So very true....And I love how they reach that reality in so many areas..its not just the spectacular Universal horror large format paper...one auction its the only Duck Soup half sheet...then its a mint set from The Golem...then its the Mad Love title card....then its the first Thin man one sheet...then the only Snow white 24 sheet...the first auctioned sets of classic short silent Keaton lobby cards...the first set of Dr. Jeckyll jumbo lobby cards...the first Public Enemy One Sheet....it's a great time to be collecting!!
Tait

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6553 on: March 10, 2015, 04:32:23 PM »
T is old school like that.  Reading on the shitter - is there a better way to pass the... time? 

Yeah!  Just got my catalog.  Now I can finally go take a shit ;)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6554 on: March 10, 2015, 05:14:12 PM »
Done.  That one was quick.  Some good stuff there, to be sure.  Like it has been said before, Heritage certainly has the best stuff around.

I am after 20 posters, 5 I will really go after hard.  Anyone else?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Mirosae

« Reply #6555 on: March 10, 2015, 07:29:50 PM »
Good luck bidding T.  20 is a good number. I want just one.. Though I doubt I will get it.  girly2.gif

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6556 on: March 10, 2015, 07:40:18 PM »
Good luck bidding T.  20 is a good number. I want just one.. Though I doubt I will get it.  girly2.gif

So anything less than 20 is what??

Chopped liver?

So sayeth the mama mia matriarch....

;D

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #6557 on: March 10, 2015, 07:43:24 PM »
So anything less than 20 is what??

Chopped liver?

So sayeth the mama mia matriarch....

;D

:-*

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #6558 on: March 10, 2015, 09:19:11 PM »
Aside from the obvious blockbusters, my faves are the WOTW one and half sheets, Fistful of Dollars Teaser style B 1 sh (it is very cool), Lawrence of Arabia (one of my favorite films of all time), On the Waterfront 4F (check my avatar!), Both Howard Chandler Christys obviously, Bus Stop double crown which is the nicest Monroe poster i have seen in a while, Join ATS, New York Worlds Fair (the one with the lady), Affair in Trinidad, San Quentin, Flying Ace, Don Q...the empire strikes back radio promo is nice too.  I will bid on none of these except maybe for one I have not listed here for fear one of you b*stards will take it from me!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 09:35:10 PM by Crazy Vick »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6559 on: March 10, 2015, 10:23:38 PM »
Done.  That one was quick.  Some good stuff there, to be sure.  Like it has been said before, Heritage certainly has the best stuff around.

T

Must be keeping up with your fiber intake
Chris

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #6560 on: March 11, 2015, 10:27:10 AM »

T

This might be my longest Heritage watch list ever - and a few I will also go after very hard.
Perhaps the best all-around auction Heritage has ever put together.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Mirosae

« Reply #6561 on: March 12, 2015, 05:27:53 PM »

This might be my longest Heritage watch list ever - and a few I will also go after very hard.
Perhaps the best all-around auction Heritage has ever put together.

Same here. I really wish i had a deeper pocket. It will be the first time I will need to keep a proper eye on the Sig Sunday auction (good news no audio there!)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6562 on: March 12, 2015, 06:32:56 PM »
Same here. I really wish i had a deeper pocket. It will be the first time I will need to keep a proper eye on the Sig Sunday auction (good news no audio there!)

Lucky.  The bearded guy is great, but there is a woman who is so annoying I have to turn the sound off.

T
My Personal Collection

Mirosae

« Reply #6563 on: March 12, 2015, 06:49:08 PM »
Oh yes. I know the one. I seem to recall she did the Casablanca  insert that went for $$$$ She drove me nuts that night.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #6564 on: March 14, 2015, 01:07:26 AM »
http://www.rrauction.com/bidtracker_detail.cfm?IN=3026

Extensive archive of material owned by and related to Hollywood B-movie cult figure Ed Wood, including his personally-owned and -used briefcase (Rexbill split cowhide leather, 15.5 x 12.25 x 5) and two trunks (larger measures 27.5 x 15.5 x 10; smaller Travelgard trunk measures 18 x 12.5 x 6.5); four of his leatherbound notebooks containing original candids, Plan 9 material with Wood’s notations, and news clippings; two binders of photos including original candids, on-set photos, and movie stills; some scarce signed photos; a few items signed by Wood; his set of Jail Bait lobby cards; and various other items........
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Mirosae

« Reply #6565 on: March 14, 2015, 02:27:02 PM »
Sometimes ...Once in a while..one comes across a poster that it is so full of life that one must stop and watch. Every inch of this paper is worth a thousand smiles. It is childhood, Saturday afternoon tv play all over again. And boy. That man was really a piece of art. girly.gif

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #6566 on: March 14, 2015, 02:54:28 PM »
Sometimes ...Once in a while..one comes across a poster that it is so full of life that one must stop and watch. Every inch of this paper is worth a thousand smiles. It is childhood, Saturday afternoon tv play all over again. And boy. That man was really a piece of art. girly.gif

I would kill for that one too. Maybe we can postpone the wedding so I could buy it..... on second though, better not ask, I like my private parts attached.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6567 on: March 14, 2015, 03:01:32 PM »
I would kill for that one too. Maybe we can postpone the wedding so I could buy it..... on second though, better not ask, I like my private parts attached.

LOL.. good idea, Mike.

And yes.. that is a beauty.. not even a question. His look and pose just knocks it out of the park for me, too!

thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6568 on: March 14, 2015, 03:15:11 PM »
Martinati at his finest, although I wouldn't mind some chicks on this poster.  Too many dudes for my taste.  Where is Olivia?

T
My Personal Collection

Mirosae

« Reply #6569 on: March 14, 2015, 04:29:41 PM »
Martinati at his finest, although I wouldn't mind some chicks on this poster.  Too many dudes for my taste.  Where is Olivia?

T

Nah, he can wear the tights on this one..no need for Olivia  :P

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6570 on: March 15, 2015, 02:21:34 AM »

If John Bobbit has taught us anything it is that they can be reattached!  What kind of collector are you if not willing to go through some grafting?
Chris

Mirosae

« Reply #6571 on: March 15, 2015, 04:32:09 AM »
If John Bobbit has taught us anything it is that they can be reattached![/b]  What kind of collector are you if not willing to go through some grafting?

A wise one..and one with his own couple of ...posters!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6572 on: March 15, 2015, 02:44:03 PM »
If John Bobbit has taught us anything it is that they can be reattached!  What kind of collector are you if not willing to go through some grafting?

No pain, no gain, as the saying goes!  piratemel

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #6573 on: March 15, 2015, 02:46:32 PM »
It doesn't say ....."and no balls"..

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6574 on: March 15, 2015, 02:54:58 PM »
It doesn't say ....."and no balls"..

;D
Chris