Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2213123 times)

Offline movieposterodyssey

• Hobbyist
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #5675 on: May 07, 2014, 12:51:25 AM »
Damn! Look at that Godzilla awesomeness!

Anthony

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #5676 on: May 07, 2014, 01:15:06 AM »
That Godzilla is SWEEEEETTTTT

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #5677 on: May 07, 2014, 12:23:10 PM »
http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=3407870

$69 score?  This went for over $600 only 3 months ago? 

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #5678 on: May 07, 2014, 01:27:05 PM »
There were a lot of deals at eMovie last night for some reason -- of course I was busy and couldn't bid! 

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder

Mirosae

« Reply #5680 on: May 07, 2014, 03:28:45 PM »
WoW...great catch indeed.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #5681 on: May 07, 2014, 04:13:32 PM »
http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=3407870

research the bid history of the one that sold for $600 and then match it against the one that sold yesterday and see how the bidders match up

frequently on such results what you will find is that above some level only 2 bidders are involved. It's entirely possible that on the $600 copy that above $100 you only had the 2 bidders who fought up to $600. Then what is the battle next time? The $600 bidder is gone and so the fight is against bidder #2 & #3. Bidder #3 probably won't pay any more today than he would have last time, so bidder #2 has no real competition

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Bruce

« Reply #5682 on: May 07, 2014, 05:16:56 PM »

I agree that there were some great deals last night. I am glad for those here who were the recipients of those great deals. While it is true that sometimes items go lower the next time because the last high bidder now has the poster, it also can be that those who would love to own that poster simply missed the auction, and it might go for hundreds next time. Only time will tell.

If posters always went lower "the next time", then we could expect to see this one at around $9 next time!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5683 on: May 07, 2014, 09:25:08 PM »
research the bid history of the one that sold for $600 and then match it against the one that sold yesterday and see how the bidders match up

frequently on such results what you will find is that above some level only 2 bidders are involved. It's entirely possible that on the $600 copy that above $100 you only had the 2 bidders who fought up to $600. Then what is the battle next time? The $600 bidder is gone and so the fight is against bidder #2 & #3. Bidder #3 probably won't pay any more today than he would have last time, so bidder #2 has no real competition

And this is why people simply cannot state how much a poster is worth.  A range perhaps but the prices fluctuate so widely on certain titles just based off demand.

If the demand is gone, the price goes way down accordingly...
Chris

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #5684 on: May 07, 2014, 11:16:42 PM »
So how many posters are left out there...didn't one of Bruce's recent newsletters allude to the fact that emovieposter might not still be around next year (or something like that)  Say it ain't so Bruce!  I'm not trying to start a rumor here.  Of course I might not be around next year either... :-\
I guess I'm just amazed that you could auction over 800 posters, two to three times a week, every week.  oh I`m not complaining  :)

May the tap never run dry!

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
« Reply #5685 on: May 07, 2014, 11:42:16 PM »
Well, I will be doing my bit and add a few hundred items to the eMovie "tap" soon!

Bruce

« Reply #5686 on: May 08, 2014, 06:39:13 AM »
So how many posters are left out there...didn't one of Bruce's recent newsletters allude to the fact that emovieposter might not still be around next year (or something like that)  Say it ain't so Bruce!  I'm not trying to start a rumor here.  Of course I might not be around next year either... :-\
I guess I'm just amazed that you could auction over 800 posters, two to three times a week, every week.  oh I`m not complaining  :)

I was just posing a hypothetical! There is no guarantee we will continue to receive 110,000 consignments a year. We don't own what we auction, so, like Blanche Dubois, we have always been dependent on the kindness of strangers!

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #5687 on: May 08, 2014, 12:00:31 PM »
So how many posters are left out there...

There was an auction in Italy late last year for around 2 million posters being sold out in bulk. That would be enough for Bruce for 20 more years. And while I don't know of any 2 million piece stashes in the states, there are lots and lots of large warehouses/collections out there. 
There's no danger of running out of regular material any time soon.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Mirosae

« Reply #5688 on: May 08, 2014, 12:12:34 PM »
There was an auction in Italy late last year for around 2 million posters being sold out in bulk. That would be enough for Bruce for 20 more years. And while I don't know of any 2 million piece stashes in the states, there are lots and lots of large warehouses/collections out there. 

(beap) Italy moron1 I can't never find any (beap) italian posters in (beap) Italy. How  can they (beap) auction so many (beap) posters  (beap) (beap) (beap)

Ah. ..venting (beap) out feels so  (beap) good. .

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #5689 on: May 08, 2014, 02:47:16 PM »

How did I not hear of this, Sean you know who ended up with the lot?

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #5690 on: May 08, 2014, 02:56:09 PM »
It was a cluster fuck of an auction.  It was InterCard's (Silvio) collection and the listing were based on his HIGHLY flawed inventory.  They were grouped in lots of 50-100 or more.  I was looking at a lot of Eastwood westerns and it supposedly contained 10+ first release man with no name posters.  When I asked them to check it for sure they reported there was actually only 1 first release poster (and the lowest value style at that).  If anyone has had experience dealing with Silvio you will know that pretty much anything you inquire about on his site will have long since been sold.  I avoided the auction all together after finding out the inventory issues.  There is simply no way you would get what was listed.  I'm sure there were deals to be had, but I wasn't going to take any chances.  I also think A LOT of the collection went unsold. 

Strangely I was contacted out of the blue by Silvio in April asking for my zip code.  I asked why he needed it and inquired about the auction -- he didn't reply. 

Offline Silence

• Hobbyist
« Reply #5691 on: May 08, 2014, 02:59:32 PM »
It was a cluster fuck of an auction.  It was InterCard's (Silvio) collection and the listing were based on his HIGHLY flawed inventory.  They were grouped in lots of 50-100 or more.  I was looking at a lot of Eastwood westerns and it supposedly contained 10+ first release man with no name posters.  When I asked them to check it for sure they reported there was actually only 1 first release poster (and the lowest value style at that).  If anyone has had experience dealing with Silvio you will know that pretty much anything you inquire about on his site will have long since been sold.  I avoided the auction all together after finding out the inventory issues.  There is simply no way you would get what was listed.  I'm sure there were deals to be had, but I wasn't going to take any chances.  I also think A LOT of the collection went unsold. 

Strangely I was contacted out of the blue by Silvio in April asking for my zip code.  I asked why he needed it and inquired about the auction -- he didn't reply. 

I received one of those emails as well.
MICHAEL

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #5692 on: May 08, 2014, 03:08:49 PM »
Ahh, I thought they were sold as one large lot or by the pound or something. This rings a bell now on some of the individual pieces that were offered up.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #5693 on: May 08, 2014, 03:40:31 PM »
no doubt it was the most poorly run affair in modern times.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Mirosae

« Reply #5694 on: May 08, 2014, 03:57:59 PM »
^

I agree. Totally.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #5695 on: May 08, 2014, 07:02:51 PM »
I (stupidly) poured though the listings... Even if you got what was listed (which you wouldn't) it was 99.999% crap. And if you know anything about Silvio's collection, the condition was as bad as the offerings. For those who missed it, you didn't miss anything IMHO.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #5696 on: May 08, 2014, 07:07:30 PM »
I was once about to make an order to Intercard. Looks like a saved myself from a headache...
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #5697 on: May 08, 2014, 09:45:48 PM »
"lot of Movie posters" US $2,795.00
At least he took the time to hand write the sign for his picture on Ebay lolol  :-\

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-MOVIE-POSTERS-/291081732256?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43c5d2c0a0

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5698 on: May 08, 2014, 09:52:28 PM »
I wonder how much she would take for the laminated ESB poster...  :P

And she has more......maybe.....  qip

"AND I MAY VERY WELL HAVE MORE AND WOULD JUST ADD THEM IN FOR FREE JUST BECAUSE I NEED TO MOVE AND DON'T WANT TO TAKE WITH ME."

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5699 on: May 08, 2014, 11:55:53 PM »

Looks like you'll be getting some free paper in the mail

And by that I mean an auction catalogue
Chris