Author Topic: Mexican BAT-WOMAN / LA MUJIER MURCIELAGO poster with English text  (Read 1257 times)

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
I own the Spanish language version of this poster, and there are multiple reproductions of an English language version around (see images). But I have only ONCE seen an original of the English-language version come up - at least I *think* it was an original but it is over 10 years ago! I still regret not bidding higher on that one...

Has anyone seen an original in real life? Or could the re-prints be taken from some other release, e.g. video cover? I can't recall ever seeing a Mexican movie with an "alternative" English-language poster like this.

Spanish language (I own this one)

English language version - there are multiple reproductions on eBay

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:41:17 PM by rumble »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Mexican BAT-WOMAN / LA MUJIER MURCIELAGO poster with English text
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 08:07:11 PM »
What is interesting, too, is, that aside from the text/language difference, the art on the English language version looks to be identical to the Mexican OS art-- even down to the matching color scheme in each of the smaller scene windows.

-Jeff

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
Re: Mexican BAT-WOMAN / LA MUJIER MURCIELAGO poster with English text
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 10:38:10 PM »
That's right, although the colors in the English version are probably not totally accurate after several steps of reproduction and photographing!

Either somebody back in the day used the original artwork to make a poster for the international market, or somebody at a later stage simply pasted over English-language text to make a new version, maybe for a VHS cover. I am more and more leaning towards the second option, except I *still* remember bidding on an original English-language copy!