Author Topic: Are either of these older posters worth it?  (Read 1790 times)

boxofficebrian

Are either of these older posters worth it?
« on: April 25, 2014, 02:09:52 PM »
Hey all…
I stopped at a store today that had some older posters.

I was curious if either of these are worth considerably more than they are asking? I was thinking of possibly picking them up because I like the art, but didn’t know if their prices were worth it or not.

First was a custom framed Italian Biggest Bundle of Joy poster… it has a small (.5 inch) tear on the top right corner and looks to be in pretty good shape and unrestored/non linen backed. The framing was done by Micheal’s, so I doubt they handled it properly… the store is asking $70 and the poster looks like this:

The other is a One Sheet- it’s in solid shape, no tears or noticeable damage…actually it’s really clean. They have it marked as a 50s poster and the cost is $50… but everything I’m finding online says this might be from the 30s?! Was this re-released in the 50s and with the same one sheet?   - I looked it over and the paper looks pretty heavy and almost like old comic book paper (but way thicker more durable.) The colors and printing look MUCH different than modern posters… keep in mind I’m new with all of this please.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Are either of these older posters worth it?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 02:16:35 PM »
Hey Brian, the Circus Girl poster you are looking at and posted, is from the 1953 German movie. It was released here in the US, in 1956, and distributed by Republic Pictures.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045804/

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/film_title/CIRCUS%2520GIRL%2520%2528%252756%2529/type/1sh/archive.html

And the Biggest Bundle image you posted looks to be a Belgian poster:

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/film_title/BIGGEST%2520BUNDLE%2520OF%2520THEM%2520ALL/type/Belgian/archive.html

« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 02:24:31 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

boxofficebrian

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 02:20:52 PM »
Jeff, I would GUESS that it was something like 24 inches tall by 20 inches wide MAYBE... if not a little bigger. I only held it for a minute... Had to hurry-my buddy was with me and we were on our lunch break.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 02:22:13 PM »
Check the links above.

;)

-Jeff

boxofficebrian

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 02:25:42 PM »
Thanks!

Glad I didn't pick them up there!

They had a lot though:
One Sheets:
Blood Simple Advance
Sorcerer
Saturday Night Fever
Raging Bull
Imax Attack of the Clones
Ghostbusters

lots of others, but those are off the top of my head... most posters were $30-50 each.

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 12:16:03 AM »
Depending on what version of Ghostbusters that one might be worth picking up. But the others you can find cheaper elsewhere.