Author Topic: Best Place to Purchase Frames?  (Read 4557 times)

Rage1073

Best Place to Purchase Frames?
« on: April 18, 2014, 02:15:04 PM »
What is the best place to purchase frames for the current size posters and the classic size one sheets?
So far I just own some cheap frames from michaels or wal mart.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Best Place to Purchase Frames?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 02:17:22 PM »
One place you can check, Rage, especially since you are in So CA. No shipping charges, should you want to pick them up yourself. And Sue knows her stuff, too.  ;)

https://www.hollywoodposterframes.com/

Or check out Robert and his Spotlight Displays (not local):

http://www.spotlightdisplays.com/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 02:21:53 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 03:39:17 PM »
Chris

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 03:48:45 PM »
I've bought from all three of those sources with no issue.  They are all good for different applications.

Spotlight is great if you swap stuff out often as it is front loading and you don't have to take the frame off the wall.

However, for modern 27x40, there is a frame at Michael s that can be had for under $30 when they have their sales. However, they tend to look cheap.

Michael's also has a standard size that fits half sheet posters that looks nice and is cheaper than the dedicated ones.
-Jay-

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 05:42:19 PM »
I have bought from Hollywoodposterframes and Spotlight and they both have great quality frames. I think it comes down to what you are looking for personally. If you plan on rotating your collection often then I would recommend Spotlightdisplays.com.  The frames mount right to the wall and are front loading. It only takes a few seconds to swap a poster out. Where as with others you have to take them down off the wall and it takes more time to switch out the poster. But again it is all personal opinion on what you want and how often you will be rotating posters in and out of the frames.