Author Topic: 503 - EMP, can't login  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
503 - EMP, can't login
« on: April 03, 2014, 06:13:22 PM »
Anyone else?

503 Error message: The Web server (running the Web site) is currently unable to handle the HTTP request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. The implication is that this is a temporary condition which will be alleviated after some delay. Some servers in this state may also simply refuse the socket connection, in which case a different error may be generated because the socket creation timed out.

This is going to completely ruin my bidding day.
David

Bruce

Re: 503 - EMP, can't login
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 06:41:42 PM »
This is Bruce Hershenson. For the first time in three years, our auction site had an outage. It was completely unavailable for around 50 minutes from around 4:30 PM CST to 5:20 CST. Because Part II of our April Major Auction closes tonight beginning at 7 PM CST, this inconvenienced several of our bidders, and we very much apologize.

THE AUCTION SITE IS NOW COMPLETELY BACK UP, AND FUNCTIONAL IN EVERY WAY. Please if you were affected by the above outage, go there now, and do whatever you are planning on doing (bid, look at your bids, etc).

The auctions will end exactly as scheduled. Our policy is to only extend auctions if there is an outage of 2 hours or greater, OR if there is an outage while an auction ends. Since neither of those two things occurred, the auctions will end as planned.

Once again, I very much apologize. Best of luck to you on any items you bid on tonight. If you have some problem that you can't solve, call me at 417-256-5555, and I will do my best to help you (but of course, everyone else has left for the day).

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: 503 - EMP, can't login
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 11:20:52 PM »
VERY happy the auctions came back in time for successful bids to be placed
Chris