Author Topic: 'dumb' posters  (Read 3275 times)

Offline movieposters

• Hobbyist
'dumb' posters
« on: February 08, 2014, 12:46:25 PM »
over many decades there's been many bad posters but there are a select group one could classify as simply dumb.  You could make a case that almost all recent posters fall into this category.   Dumb images/captions/design/color schemes/layouts.  Posters that 'should' always miss the mark with attempt to lure large audiences.  

Here's a few...

Tingler, The - Vincent Price...really?  Lousy attempt to lure audiences who now go to Halloween Horror/Freight houses

Dick Tracy -one I'll never figure out as long as I live - there's demand for this.  Often goes over 2 bills - HA reflects someone spent over 5.   Who are you out there that would waste perfectly good $$ for a 1990 cartoon drawing of Madonna?    

Furry Vengeance - many dumb posters similar but picked this out for personal reasons.   With young children, our life has become limited to going to theaters that only play animated and CGI films.   Walking out of the theater after seeing this - I was pissed off.   Wasn't the loss of $8.50 for an adult ticket I was upset about but the fact I invested 90 minutes of my life, time I'll never get back.   Movie was so bad Brooke Shields or Brendan Fraser should go into seclusion and never show their faces in public again

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 01:04:44 PM by movieposters »
Stephen Ryan

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: 'dumb' posters
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 06:30:53 PM »
I postulate that all posters are dumb in that they cannot speak
Chris

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 10:00:50 PM »
Mod, please move to the Genre sub-forum.  ;)

Offline movieposterodyssey

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 05:01:29 PM »
I actually don't mind the Tingler poster.There has been far worse,dumber.
Madonna was recalled cuz of the tag....thus the demand.

I would've started this off with Corky Romano...can't go wrong with that one. ;)

Anthony

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 01:38:37 PM »
I'm with Anthony on this one, I like the Tingler poster also. I think it would not do a bad job of getting people into a cinema..
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 09:37:20 AM »
over many decades there's been many bad posters but there are a select group one could classify as simply dumb.  You could make a case that almost all recent posters fall into this category.   Dumb images/captions/design/color schemes/layouts.  Posters that 'should' always miss the mark with attempt to lure large audiences.   

Furry Vengeance - many dumb posters similar but picked this out for personal reasons.   With young children, our life has become limited to going to theaters that only play animated and CGI films.   Walking out of the theater after seeing this - I was pissed off.   Wasn't the loss of $8.50 for an adult ticket I was upset about but the fact I invested 90 minutes of my life, time I'll never get back.   Movie was so bad Brooke Shields or Brendan Fraser should go into seclusion and never show their faces in public again

I would imagine that Brendan Fraser felt about as dumb as the poster makes the movie look, while he was filming it, too.

Doh.gif
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 09:38:46 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

guest4955

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 11:14:07 AM »