Author Topic: Very limited edition poster for Walter Hill's SOUTHERN COMFORT  (Read 4566 times)

cinemarat

If you're a fan of Walter Hill films then you'll definitely want to check this out.  James Rheem Davis has created a really beautiful, 24" x 36" 3 color silk screen print for our upcoming screening of "Southern Comfort" in May.  It was printed by D&L Printing out of Seattle, and it is limited to only 50 prints worldwide (each signed & numbered by the artist).

We've been creating original screen print posters for our Cinema Overdrive film series (www.cinemaoverdrive.net) for about 9 months now (see my thread below entitled "horror and cult movie posters redux"), and this is definitely our most ambitious project to date. In fact, it is the first one we've done where the artist didn't personally screen print it by hand. We're really excited about it and hope you will sincerely enjoy it.  Here it is:

If you're interested in pre-ordering one of these please send me an email at cinemarat@earthlink.net and I will be happy to add you to the list.  We are strictly a grass roots, DIY film series, so all of our projects are done by hand and handled in small fashion.  So therefore our print runs are usually quite low, and we always make sure that our loyal fans in attendance get first crack at any new prints we have to offer.  That being said, we love to share the projects of our artists with as many different fans and collectors from as many places as possible, so if you're interested in what we do please feel free to drop me a line!

The grand total on the poster will be $37.00 postage paid, which includes priority mail shipping to anywhere in the US in a heavy duty Uline shipipng tube. If you are located elsewhere please let me know and I'll be glad to get you a total including international shipping.

Although I cannot guarantee we can fulfill every pre-order, I promise to do my very best to accommodate everyone.  I'll shoot you a private email when they are ready to roll. We are really proud of these and we think collectors will be also. And I do think they are well priced for the product you'll receive in return, but I can't wait to get it out there and get some honest feedback.

Thanks for looking!

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Re: Very limited edition poster for Walter Hill's SOUTHERN COMFORT
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 08:49:00 AM »
Ok Matt, you already know I am a big fan!

This is definitely one of the most underrated 80's films out there.  Anyone that has not seen it should check it out.  I think most of the uninitiated write it off as standard 80's "B" fare.  Its actually a much better film than that, and it stands up pretty well.  Powers Booth's performance is particularly memorable, and I think its best save for maybe U-Turn (and I know a blasphemed putting U Turn ahead of Tombstone).  It is commonly compared to Deliverance, and it falls short of that, but not very far short.  Sadly, the R1 DVD is long out of print and usually costs a pretty penny.  For those with a player that can play it, the UK version can be had on Amazon.uk for a decent price.

Schan
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline quadbod

• Hobbyist
    • Quadbod media memorabilia
Re: Very limited edition poster for Walter Hill's SOUTHERN COMFORT
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 02:03:55 PM »
... here's the original UK quad ... currently on MoviePosterBid.com ...

Quadbod media memorabilia - http://www.quadbod.co.uk