Author Topic: Framing Sports Posters  (Read 4622 times)

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
Framing Sports Posters
« on: April 30, 2010, 04:10:58 PM »
What's the best way to frame valuable sports posters? I called a frame shop and he said it was routine for them to "mount" the poster on a backing board! :o

When I told him I wanted to preserve the "original state" of the poster, he said another method is to use clear corner holders to keep the poster in place. These wouldn't actually be attached to the poster, but may be visible when looking at the frame.

Does anyone have any experience framing odd-sized posters of a sports nature?

I've also heard that even the best frames have to be re-inspected after several years go by to check for moisture, etc.

Thanks.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Framing Sports Posters
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 07:48:33 PM »
How valuable are we talking here?

In my experience, the services offered by frame shops are prohibitively expensive.

Why not just buy a custom sized frame off Americanframe.com (or another site) with plexiglass, acid free backing and matt?

Will probably end up being a far cheaper option in the end.
Chris

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 08:01:39 PM »
You can always try Hollywood Poster Frames and have them do the framing for you.  They have a good reputation from what I understand

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 09:49:34 PM »
How valuable are we talking here?

In my experience, the services offered by frame shops are prohibitively expensive.

Why not just buy a custom sized frame off Americanframe.com (or another site) with plexiglass, acid free backing and matt?

Will probably end up being a far cheaper option in the end.

$400