Author Topic: MoviePosterBid.com Auctions Consignments Is the FASTEST WAY To Sell & Get Paid  (Read 13717 times)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
With Heritage's recent acquisition of MPB.com I need to know where the site now ranks on the bigus dickus scale.  Does eMovie now flaccidly shy away? 
Chris

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
With Heritage's recent acquisition of MPB.com I need to know where the site now ranks on the bigus dickus scale.  Does eMovie now flaccidly shy away? 

of course, Chris fails to mention this is a spoof as Heritage has not acquired MoviePosterBid.com, but it is no spoof that my dickus is bigyulous

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder

hey fellas.. NO DON'T DELETE ANYTHING
I want people to see this thread as is and for consignors to decide what type of person they wish to consign their posters to.

Interesting.
I am surprised by this outburst from Bruce, but you're kinda shooting yourself in the foot here, Rich, with the above comment.

Whilst Bruce may have been wrong in his words to you, to my knowledge he has never swore on a public forum and is usually careful with what he says.
Whatever is said, Bruce is a rather polite member and rarely if ever has a bad word to say about anyone, even when he has good right to.

I know you don't really appreciate me, but if you do a little searching you will find the advertising and marketing world will explain that when promoting your business do not swear, do not get involved in confrontation and set a good example to others by giving out the right message. That's not my advice--it's just what advertisers and marketers would tell you.
Best wishes,
Adam

Bruce

Adam, my problem with this was SOLELY that the subforum this was posted it says "Dealer's Forum: Strictly for Dealers who want to advertise, brag, boast, or toot their own horn in a positive way. NO DEALER IN-FIGHTING! Take that to Let It All Out!!!!!!"

And the post I responded to (in that "Dealer's Forum") says "Will that 'other auction' specifically promote your items in Print Advertising? The answer is almost always 'NO'" and clearly that IS "dealer infighting", and so it should have been removed or moved.

Now that it IS in "Let It All Out", I don't care at all.

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Now that it IS in "Let It All Out", I don't care at all.

I view posts sorted to all posts that are unread. Which category/section a particular post belongs I never notice, I just see a long list of every post posted by a poster about a poster.

That was what was so annoying about rodx posternazi is every separate post of his was listed in my unread list and stayed there (in my face) as I chose not to open/read them. Whatever category this thread is in or if it is in a let it out category means nothing to the way I view messages on this forum (and likely also to regulars here who just click on view 'Unread Messages' option). I think any good that a post is in a particular section would only apply to irregular visitors who search threads only the section, rather than unread. Gee I waffle

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
^. What he said,

I'd add, I don't see any "dealer in fighting" in the original post.
I saw it soon afterwards though.

Which led to it being moved.

I don't think the original post would have gotten it moved.

Quite a sneaky plan to get it moved really.

Sorry, but feels pretty petty to me.

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Bruce

What part of "Will that 'other auction' specifically promote your items in Print Advertising? The answer is almost always 'NO'" is NOT dealer in-fighting?

That rule had always been followed until that time. If the rule should be junked, fine. I am long over it.

It is fine with me to re-start that thread exactly as it originally was. It is like that thread about never ordering again from eMoviePoster on your forum. If it gives joy to some of those who are members, fine.

I am focusing my efforts on making my business the best it can be, and am leaving this kind of stuff to those who enjoy it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 06:34:02 AM by Bruce »

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
No probs, Bruce.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
We are ALL RE FUCKING DICKULUS.

Rich with your feigned, "what?  me?  I didn't say anything!"

Bruce with your, HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!

ADZ with your little shit stirring ways.

Me with my I FUCKING HATE MONDO rants.

Thierry with his THAT POSTER IS TOO FUCKING MUCH bullshit.

Dave's overpriced shit.

Ted's "Hey man, let's all be friends...."

Louis D 's FUCK THE NEW POSTERS!

Christ, I could go on. 

Say, why not go on.  Add to the list.  The day we can't look at ourselves honestly for what we are -- A BUNCH OF FUCKING POSTER FREAKS -- is the day we need to quit the hobby/business.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
^. What he said,

I'd add, I don't see any "dealer in fighting" in the original post.
I saw it soon afterwards though.

Which led to it being moved.

I don't think the original post would have gotten it moved.

Quite a sneaky plan to get it moved really.

Sorry, but feels pretty petty to me.

Hey, let me add some emphasis there, Ari:

FEELS PRETTY PETTY TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery

that 'other auction'

Tell me, who here does not think that statement refers to either Heritage or emovieposter?

I don't know if it rises to the level of dealer in-fighting, because it doesn't quite call names, but it was enough to get Bruce to rise to the bait, and for that reason it was close enough to move out of that area of the forum.

I cannot emphasize this enough.  No one pays dues here.  No one is compelled to stay here.  If you don't like it, move on.

For the other 99% of you that play nice, I thank you from the bottom of my cold heart.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Well said there, H.  cool1

• Post-aholic
Adam.. what's to appreciate about you? You're all talk and no walk and you're always a victim "oh what Mel is doing to me is injustice!! Injustice I say! Hang him from the yardarm!!!!!!!!! This is not a joke this is not a joke this not a joke.. Of course it's a joke! a sad joke.

to be sure, I'll take advice from Karl Rove before I could consider taking it from you

Bruce..
if you don't like this
Quote from: movieposterbid
"Will that 'other auction' specifically promote your items in Print Advertising? The answer is almost always 'NO'"

then please, tell me who's supposed to like this

Note that some auction houses treat their buyers as if it is Halloween all year long, except they play many "tricks" on them, and give them very few "treats"!  

or this

It goes without saying that week in and week out we auction hundreds of items that sell for low, low prices (we actually sell lots and lots of items for $1 and $2, and a decent percentage of what we auction goes for $14 and under, and our leading 'competitor" NEVER auctions a single item for less than $15, due to their outrageous $14 minimum buyers premium).

and this is from today on MoPo
"buyers who mostly only purchase from us (because they are tired of negative experiences at other venues)"

I could find at least dozens of such examples if I wanted to examine your posts of the past 10 years.
seriously.. save your vain outrage for when it's really important. I'll compete with anyone to get consignments or buy collections and that includes you, Heritage, and even my good friend Peter. The only reason I wouldn't compete with Sean  is I would just split it with him, if it could work out that way. If you can talk about "some auction house", what is the difference about me mentioning "that other auction" when I could be talking about any or even every other auction. It's complete silliness.

and Holiday.
shirley I don't know what you're talking about.
seriously.. I mean.. like.. I mean.. I.. what.. I I I.. I have no idea what you refer to

and okay, I won't call you Shirley
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:54:14 AM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline Ari

• Curator
My posters are cholesterol free!
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

(Oops wrong forum)
An Error Has Occurred!

• Post-aholic
Tell me, who here does not think that statement refers to either Heritage or emovieposter?

I don't know if it rises to the level of dealer in-fighting, because it doesn't quite call names, but it was enough to get Bruce to rise to the bait, and for that reason it was close enough to move out of that area of the forum.

if that's the case Holiday, you may have to read Bruce's 37 page thread as he mentions "other auctions" "my competitors" etc many many times..

but again.. I have no idea what you're talking about.. none.. no clue. aucune idée..no entiendo..nuk e kuptojnë.. hindi maintindihan..nicht verstehen..לא מבין ..

-------

• Post-aholic
My posters are cholesterol free!
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

(Oops wrong forum)

Shirley you don't have cholesterol free posters

-------

• Post-aholic
It is fine with me to re-start that thread exactly as it originally was. It is like that thread about never ordering again from eMoviePoster on your forum. If it gives joy to some of those who are members, fine.

this is also silliness.. Bruce has used that thread he's talking about for advertising since October of last year. I start using it for the same back in May and suddenly there's a crime being committed. Hell, his most recent ad in that thread was just last week.. silliness

-------

Offline Ari

• Curator
Shirley you don't have cholesterol free posters

Oh your right,  forgot

Human breast milk also contains significant quantities of cholesterol

Damn Russell Meyer posters. Always leaking on the others.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
My mom's name is Shirley!  Close enough!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
What's this thread about?
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

• Post-aholic
it was about consigning posters to MoviePosterBid.com and getting paid FASTER than other auction venues

oh wait.. it still is!

get your items sold alongside these items. Deadline is August 1st

-------

Charlie

Challenge!:::  Someone tell me the percentage of posters that are worth more than $50...  Rich or Bruce do you have this data.  I'm trying to determine how many waist bins I will need for my wife when I die!

Serious though, I am curious.

• Post-aholic
more than one, less than one million

-------

Charlie

more than one, less than one million

A million percent.  Oh my bad forgot about tloce...