Author Topic: Dan Rickard's Authentication Book - What's the deal?  (Read 2860 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Dan Rickard's Authentication Book - What's the deal?
« on: March 29, 2010, 07:44:11 PM »
Dan took his authentication website down years ago.  The word was that he was working on a book, something that none of us had the patience to do, and something that only he could do due to the obscene amount of posters he had accumulated over the years.

So what's the story?

Any of you in-the-know collectors in touch with Dan?  I, for one, would love to see this book.

Thierry
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
Re: Dan Rickard's Authentication Book - What's the deal?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 12:30:46 PM »
i baught some toy story one sheets from him a while back, we got talking about his website, and if he would ever go back online.. he said no but was thinking about a book, but had doubts if anyone would buy it...

it is a shame that his website is no longer running such a good resource...

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 04:40:40 PM »
He posted on NSGE a year ago that he had finished and was going to publish an authentication book on Spiderman and then a separate book on Star Wars.  Rather mysterious guy....

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 04:52:42 PM »
Yeah, well, unless he publishes it himself, good luck finding a publisher.  Kinda of a niche market.

;)
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)