Author Topic: Heritage Signature Catalogs  (Read 7319 times)

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
Heritage Signature Catalogs
« on: March 18, 2013, 07:14:58 PM »

Has anybody received their catalog?  I guess I am off the list.  But you would think that someone who has bought a spotlight item in the past would stay on the list.   wynk

Brian

"Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
Re: Heritage Signature Catalogs
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 07:21:43 PM »
Got mine about a week ago. PM Grey, I'm sure you can get one.

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 07:45:56 PM »

Yeah, I am not going to beg those guys to take my money.  Between forum members, and regular contributors to APF like Bruce, Rich and Sean-  I have plenty of options.  I am just surprised that my previous purchases did not keep me on a perpetual list.
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 08:01:54 PM »
might the wife have intercepted the dope catalog

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 08:14:13 PM »
I got mine a couple weeks ago. Have been getting them ever since I dropped close to $5k on an item. Probably the last time I do that at HA again.

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 08:24:01 PM »

might the wife have intercepted the dope catalog

What are you the amazing Kreskin?  That is sooo funny.  I did ask my wife if I recieved a catalog after Matt posted that he had recieved one.  She claims not to know of what I speak.   eyeroll  And yes Enki, I was in your boat, but it has been over a year since I have made a purchase- so I am thinking that I have been dropped.

Charlie

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 09:32:56 PM »
Grey sent me a catalog for the Berwick, I made the trip up to Dallas, dropped $400 on a Terminator quad (he did give me an ultimatum that I would have to bid on something to keep getting them), waited 33 days to receive it, the idiots who were packing it taped down part of the poster to the backer board which I conveniently ripped off part of the surface without knowing - and did I get the next signature catalog?

Nope.

His competition (Bruce) did offer to buy the damaged quad from me if they wouldn't take it back, auction it, and take the loss...

So I am with Brian, there are plenty of other dealers out there.  

Bunch of unorganized ass-clowns...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:33:25 PM by Charlie »

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 09:53:19 PM »
...the idiots who were packing it taped down part of the poster to the backer board which I conveniently ripped off part of the surface without knowing ...
Bunch of unorganized ass-clowns...

Don't get me started.

While I will admit that Grey made things right in the end, they really pissed me off. Their lack of QC in the shipping department is just insulting.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:53:48 PM by enki »

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
I don't need no stinking catalog
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 06:57:55 PM »
  Yeah, Bruce really puts them to shame when it comes to packaging and postal charges.  I still don't understand why I am on the outs in regards to the catalog.  There is a reason why Bruce's M/M are really catching fire in terms of quality and bids received- superior grading and superior packaging.

I know if Bruce produced catalogs he would make sure that every APF member received one  wynk
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:58:41 PM by ATLfun »

Bruce

Re: I don't need no stinking catalog
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 07:51:21 PM »
  I know if Bruce produced catalogs...

That is SO 20th Century. If I were auctioning in the 1700s, I would have everyone gather in a room and yell out their bids, holding up paddles.

Times change. You've got to go with the times.

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 10:20:18 PM »
  I get your point Bruce.  But think of how Mel's "When Worlds Collide" thread would implode if you had floor bidding in Missouri along with the internet.

It could be an APF event. But at some point (probably due to alcohol), a malcontent like Ari would get mad at someone's ridiculous bid at throw their paddle at them.   ;D

Brian
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 10:22:50 PM by ATLfun »

Bruce

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 10:31:15 PM »
You are telling Noah about the Flood. When I organized the first all-movie poster auction at a major auction house in 1990, EVERY single major collector and dealer came (the room was so packed they had people standing on the street listening over a loudspeaker).

Jose Carpio turned to me and said, "If a bomb went off in this room there wouldn't be a hobby left to speak of"!

Those were the days, my friend.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 10:34:58 PM »
  But at some point (probably due to alcohol), a malcontent like Ari would get mad at someone's ridiculous bid at throw their paddle at them.   ;D

Brian

Those Aussies - so stereotypical

Chris

Online 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 10:44:20 PM »
Those Aussies - so stereotypical

;D
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: I don't need no stinking catalog
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 11:14:07 PM »
   I know if Bruce produced catalogs he would make sure that every APF member received one  wynk

That is SO 20th Century. If I were auctioning in the 1700s, I would have everyone gather in a room and yell out their bids, holding up paddles.

Times change. You've got to go with the times.

I dribble over a keyboard now instead of a book

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:15:47 PM by 50s »

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 09:50:56 AM »

Bruce, maybe you should have summer session with floor bidding.  No need to add video, just have a generic bidder called "floor bidder" enter online bids.  Since your software automatically extends auction by two minutes, your online bidders would not be interrupted.

It could become a regular movie poster event.  People could get a factory tour, get pictures taken with their favorite employees, and take in the local scenery.  Your located dead in the middle of the country so air fare would be relatively cheap or people could even drive.

I know that you would never consider this, but I think it would be fun and continue to build brand loyalty.

Brian 

Bruce

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 10:23:21 AM »
Brian

Why don't YOU come visit? I will buy you (and whoever you bring) a dinner at the best restaurant in town, and you can take an extensive guided tour, and take pictures and report back here (and in my e-mail club).

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 10:23:45 AM by Bruce »

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 11:51:52 AM »
Brian

I will buy you (and whoever you bring) a dinner at the best restaurant in town,

That would be my wife.   wynk  That might really be a good idea.  I have always wanted to go the National Halloween show in St. Louis.  For those not familiar it is the largest haunted house trade show in the U.S. featuring all the latest special effects and robotics, and private tours of fantastic world famous haunted house attractions in St. Louis. I could really plan a full agenda.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RetPdlUVfHY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RetPdlUVfHY</a>

Bruce

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 12:21:43 PM »
What date is it? Let me know. Maybe we can get Charlie to come over from Texas as well.

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 02:27:41 PM »

I just looked it up and it was last week, doh!!!  This years All-Star game is in NY and not St. Louis.  Maybe if the Cards play the Braves again in the playoffs then I can justify a family trip.  Certainly, the Rams have no chance of making the playoffs.   ;D

Charlie

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 07:57:29 PM »
What date is it? Let me know. Maybe we can get Charlie to come over from Texas as well.

Yeah!  I almost convinced my wife to make the detour from Memphis but after four days of driving from DC she wasn't having it...  Brian buys the playoff tickets, I'll buy the beer. (that is about even at a playoff game)  Plus, I already have a Cardinals shirt.  Ozzie fan - Guilty.  

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:58:25 PM by Charlie »

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 01:21:05 AM »
I want that window thing from the beginning of that where the guy runs into the window and his head explodes. That was great lol.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 08:36:46 PM »
The promotional video is well done:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nr2Sag4ZB0s" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nr2Sag4ZB0s</a>

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 08:37:58 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 09:04:31 PM »
Fun video - we can dream can't we?
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 01:20:44 PM »
I usually buy a poster in the third round (non-live) session.  One poster (which I really can't afford) in the first round is too too tempting....