Author Topic: Pictures of posters in action  (Read 303886 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: Pictures of posters in action
« Reply #250 on: May 09, 2014, 07:31:40 AM »
Old school theater, I like it....

Mirosae

« Reply #251 on: May 10, 2014, 05:43:11 AM »
Beautiful pic Brandon. That cinema looks like a treat :)

boxofficebrian

« Reply #252 on: May 13, 2014, 04:16:04 PM »
There is a one screen theater a stone's throw from my house... they are celebrating their 75th anniversary this year (although it may be the last year  :'(  ... they don't have a DCP and it's not looking good.)

Anywho.. they posted this picture on their FB and I wanted to share... pretty cool.
I can't make out either poster, but the one on the left appears to be a woman in a bikinni when zoomed in.

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #253 on: May 13, 2014, 05:10:41 PM »

This is an old theater I use to go to as a kid. Now they use it more for live entertainment. A little information about the theater:

The Murray Theater is a theater located in Murray, a suburb of Salt Lake City, Utah. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and is one of the area's best examples of the Art Moderne style in theater architecture
The Murray Theater was built in 1938 by Tony Duvall, who built the Gem and New Iris theaters in Murray, and Joseph L. Lawrence, who built the Villa and Southeast in Salt Lake and the Academy in Provo. It opened on 28 October 1938.

The theater operated as both a first-run and second-run venue for motion pictures, and has been extensively renovated and redesigned during its history. The theater currently hosts cultural events, private parties, and functions as the primary venue for the professional wrestling promotion Intermountain Wrestling Revolution.

Here it is in 1938. Just click on the link
http://content.lib.utah.edu/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/mcm/id/3798/rv/singleitem
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 05:13:38 PM by rdavey26 »

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #254 on: May 13, 2014, 05:15:27 PM »

Another picture of the theater. Look like when it was being built. No posters up or anything.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #255 on: May 13, 2014, 05:38:34 PM »
Cool, Randy.

Although I've never heard of a Super Theater before.  What makes it Super?

;)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Mirosae

« Reply #256 on: May 13, 2014, 07:00:04 PM »
Great pics Randy, it certainly has kept its style!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #257 on: May 13, 2014, 07:31:59 PM »
Randy, these kinds of old/new pics are so great. I think what I really like in your 2 photos, too, is that even with all the renovations you said had been done to it, they chose to leave in place the original, scalloped stainless panels-- the one below the box office window as well as on the left and right frames where OS or 3 sheets would have been put up. Also liking that the original red, vertical tiles were left, around the windows of the storefronts, too.  thumbup

-Jeff

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #258 on: May 13, 2014, 09:35:20 PM »
There is a one screen theater a stone's throw from my house... they are celebrating their 75th anniversary this year (although it may be the last year  :'(  ... they don't have a DCP and it's not looking good.)

Anywho.. they posted this picture on their FB and I wanted to share... pretty cool.
I can't make out either poster, but the one on the left appears to be a woman in a bikinni when zoomed in.

I can spot Pussy Galore from a mile away! 

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 09:58:36 PM by Harry Caul »

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #259 on: May 13, 2014, 10:05:21 PM »
I can spot Pussy Galore from a mile away! 

I have her a foot away as I type.  :P

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #260 on: May 13, 2014, 10:06:04 PM »
There is a one screen theater a stone's throw from my house... they are celebrating their 75th anniversary this year (although it may be the last year  :'(  ... they don't have a DCP and it's not looking good.)

I likes it!  :)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #261 on: May 13, 2014, 10:58:47 PM »

They should probably advertise the fact they have a copy of London After Midnight playing a little more widely...
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #262 on: May 14, 2014, 01:05:21 AM »
They should probably advertise the fact they have a copy of London After Midnight playing a little more widely...

I quite agree.  ;)

-Jeff

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #263 on: May 14, 2014, 01:54:47 AM »
Cool, Randy.

Although I've never heard of a Super Theater before.  What makes it Super?

;)

T
LOL I don't know what makes it a super theater. The last time I was in that theater was when Forrest Gump was playing. I do not think they show movies here anymore. I believe it is live entertainment now. I do know that in the mid 90's I believe the theater caught fire on the inside so they had to renovate the entire inside.

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #264 on: May 14, 2014, 01:56:54 AM »
Randy, these kinds of old/new pics are so great. I think what I really like in your 2 photos, too, is that even with all the renovations you said had been done to it, they chose to leave in place the original, scalloped stainless panels-- the one below the box office window as well as on the left and right frames where OS or 3 sheets would have been put up. Also liking that the original red, vertical tiles were left, around the windows of the storefronts, too.  thumbup
The front still looks to be all original. I know the inside caught fire awhile back so they had to renovate it. Makes you wonder though if there was any old paper stored away somewhere in there. Next time I am in Salt Lake City I will have to drive by and snap some more up to date photos.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #265 on: May 14, 2014, 02:39:00 AM »

I agree.

Impressive eagle eye there, HC.  thumbup

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #266 on: June 01, 2014, 12:15:34 AM »
Chris

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #267 on: June 01, 2014, 12:16:22 AM »
That's like a 100 sheet or something ridiculous
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #268 on: June 01, 2014, 03:07:22 AM »
THAT would be some linen backing job!!

Incredible image there, Chris.

clap

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #269 on: June 01, 2014, 05:28:39 AM »
Wonder if the smaller circular  posters of their faces are around. They look really cool.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #270 on: June 01, 2014, 10:30:58 AM »
I think I see a hairy belt.
-Jay-

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #271 on: June 01, 2014, 12:16:55 PM »

-Jeff

Offline CSM