Author Topic: Tron One Sheet Authentication Help Please?  (Read 2313 times)

PaddyRocker77

Tron One Sheet Authentication Help Please?
« on: February 07, 2013, 10:32:42 AM »
Hi All,
I was looking for some help if somebody owns an original Tron One Sheet for authentication please? I am posting a couple of links here:

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr267/PaddyOHareMusicUK/photo26.jpg

It measures exactly 27x41 and is rolled, the GAU Logo and NSS number look sharp enough and legit but when comparing it to some examples on cinemasterpieces the credit texts appear to be white on their original and on mine they are grey. The main image does not seem to pop quite as much (although CMs are on linen). I would be very grateful for everyone's thoughts on this.

Logos:
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr267/PaddyOHareMusicUK/photo27.jpg
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr267/PaddyOHareMusicUK/photo28.jpg

Text:
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr267/PaddyOHareMusicUK/photo29.jpg

Image:
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr267/PaddyOHareMusicUK/photo30.jpg

Thanks again,

Paddy

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
Re: Tron One Sheet Authentication Help Please?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 01:03:33 PM »
I pulled out folded and rolled examples I have and the text on mine is grey as well. Given our posters are 27 x 41 I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

Mark

PaddyRocker77

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 06:29:03 AM »
That's great thanks! I'll keep it then  ;)

PaddyRocker77

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 09:16:19 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to check also

Steven11788

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 03:41:24 PM »
your good, mine is the same, its a sad world if people are copying troll posters, lol

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 09:18:52 PM »

its a sad world if people are copying troll posters, lol

Troll posters?  mesmrized

Offline dsonesheets

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 11:06:22 PM »
Paddy,

I loved the film when it came out, and have religiously collected all the material I could ever since the film's release in 1982, up to searching for it even today.

I am going to start digging out my material, as I have literally every printing of the first film (insert through 40"x60" and everything in between) and get back to you, BUT...

I can say that in all those years, I don't ever remember a GAU logo on the onesheet, especially to the left of the Printed in USA line.  Also, in all my years, I have NEVER seen a rolled copy.  If this is one of the copies on eBay that has been lingering for the past year or so, I am highly suspect, as neither seller has EVER released a high-quality image of their posters, nor have they been able to provide one upon inquiring.  The response I always received was the excuse that all they had was a crappy camera phone, and didn't have access to a dedicated camera to take the photos I requested.  Red flag number one, and a huge one.  And second, the photos in their listings just plain suck.

It is not unheard of for rolled copies of supposedly only-folded onesheets to exist, but from someone who got his first 40"x60" by ordered from someone in the back of a movie magazine via mail only, and has actively searched literally decades for a rolled copy and never having found one, I can tell you that I am highly suspect of these rolled versions appearing lately.

Of course if you didn't pay that much for it, what's the ultimate risk anyway?  But in the long run, whether it's original or not will always be the thing that bugs me.  I have always ONLY collected original material, and "authenticated" before it was even a term.  I bought from reliable sources, and in some cases from the studios themselves.

As to the white credits, that is something I will check as well.  I also have the "promotional style" "video game" onesheet, folded of course, and will check that one too.  As I recall the poster was pretty much the same except for the tag line, the coloring of the bloom behind Tron and Yori, and the "See the movie. Play the videogame." line addition in the credits.

The only time I remember seeing GAU/NSS disclaimer information was on the 30"x40", 40"x60", 22"x28", and the insert.  Will check my onesheets to see as well.

In a nutshell, I am very wary of what you have, although that may not mean it's not an original, but I need to compare all mine to confirm a couple things. 

Hope this helps!!

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 10:57:08 AM »
I also have a good selection of material on this title. All the Tron US one sheets I have (including the "play the game" style) have the GAU logo to the left of "Printed In USA". I have no doubts about the authenticity of my rolled copy and Paddy's poster looks fine to me (except I can't be sure about the paper without feeling it). However, I do agree you have to be super-vigilant when buying original rolled late 70's/early 80's one sheets.

Mark
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 11:22:11 AM by marklawd »